↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Puma EGR blanking plate FREE :-)
Did this plate make any difference to your cars running.
Made no difference
20%
 20%  [2]
Made my car better and i will post the results
80%
 80%  [8]
Made my car worse and i will post the results
0%
 0%  [0]
Total Votes: 10

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 12 <123 ... 678 ... 101112>
Print this entire topic · 
Tim seymour

Australia 
[quote="K9F"]Pm'd Pete of BAS last week with exactly the same question - With the blanking plate fitted there was currently no resolution with regards to the MIL light coming on yet was the answer. Welcome to the site by the Rolling Eyes
Post #22877 25th Jan 2010 10:05am
fabiocasta

Italy 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
hi Guys,
I have fitted the plate on the eaxust manifold and after 1500 km the MIL light is OFF!!! There are no fouts or errors in the ECU!!!.
regards
Fabio Fabio Castagnetti
Defender 110 td4 2008
Post #23411 1st Feb 2010 10:50pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Fabiocasta,

I may well have missed an important fact somewhere and apologise in advance if this is the case but there have been 5 clearly documented occurrences of MIL lights coming on each and every time an EGR blanking plate has been fitted in this thread. Numerous people have tried several things to try and keep the MIL light off by drilling different hole diameters in the plate, disconnecting it and the suggestion of including a resistor in the line all to no avail.
Pete of BAS who has done research and supplied numerous forum members with free blanks also stated that there was no resolution with regards to the MIL light coming on post fitment just a couple of weeks ago when I 'pm'd' him.

All of a sudden you fit one and miracle of miracles you appear to have no problems whatsoever????
Could you please enlighten us as to what is different? For example where did you get the blank? Does it have a hole in it? What size? Etc. etc. It may be worth you doing a quick functional to see that your MIL bulb hasn't blown.

Thanks in anticipation.. If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #23439 2nd Feb 2010 2:02pm
dgardel

Italy 
I'm writing for FabioCasta (my english is less worst than his Whistle ).

Yes, Fabio is a "miracle man" because he blanked the egr (the plate just outside the exhaust pipes, Pete docet) and the mil never occurred......

He modified his Puma:
1. decat
2. allisport intercooler
3. ITG air filter
4. snorkel

Speed limiter still present at 132km/h.

I'm sure that the Allisport intercooler is a big advantage and I'm thinking to do the choice..... Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #23513 3rd Feb 2010 6:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fabiocasta

Italy 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
thanks Daniele!!!! Fabio Castagnetti
Defender 110 td4 2008
Post #23536 4th Feb 2010 10:29am
K9F

dgardel wrote:

He modified his Puma:
1. decat
2. allisport intercooler
3. ITG air filter
4. snorkel

Thanks Dgardel for the explanation, the MIL light obviously is directly linked in this case to airflow. There must be a simpler solution to fitting an EGR blank and cheaper. Fabiocasta has spent approximately £700 - £800 (conservative estimate) on extras that have increased airflow. I too have an ITG filter, it is a shame we don't know exactly what is required to be able to fit a blank and not have a MIL light. I for one cannot justify such expenditure to fit a blank. If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #23538 4th Feb 2010 11:31am
dgardel

Italy 
K9F

I'm shure about few Defender with blanked EGR that run without MIL on....

May be due to tolerance of sensors (my opinion....) Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #23571 4th Feb 2010 8:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
WinBoot

Belgium 
Are they still available the kits? I'd like to try and see if it works for me without engaging the MIL light
Post #24646 19th Feb 2010 12:50am
mrwoo

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Epsom Green
Could it be the MIL light is not coming on because of the warmer climate in Italy? The denser oxygen levels (like on a cold day) in the UK due to climate may just tip the MAS range over the edge.

I run a BAS remap with a drilled EGR plate & ITG filter, I claim that the plate gets much more out of Pete's remap? It would be good to try it on a rolling road with and without plate installed. It is very noticeable in mine.
Post #24658 19th Feb 2010 10:04am
K9F

Mrwoo,

Last August in your previous post on this subject you were running with the blanking plate fitted and NO MIL LIGHT coming on with a 12 mm hole drilled in the plate. Is that still the case or are you using a Scangauge to reset it each time? If you are still running with no MIL light is it still a 12mm hole in the plate?
I am interseted in fitting one but will only do so when it has been well proven and sorted so the MIL light remains extinguished.

Thanks. If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #24660 19th Feb 2010 10:49am
mrwoo

K9F wrote:
Mrwoo,

Last August in your previous post on this subject you were running with the blanking plate fitted and NO MIL LIGHT coming on with a 12 mm hole drilled in the plate. Is that still the case or are you using a Scangauge to reset it each time? If you are still running with no MIL light is it still a 12mm hole in the plate?
I am interseted in fitting one but will only do so when it has been well proven and sorted so the MIL light remains extinguished.

Thanks.

Yes that's right, 12mm hole and no MIL light.

quieter engine
noticeable increase in power when used with BAS remap, cant say I notice when the maps not on

It doesn't run as quiet as it would fully blanked but does make a noticeable difference which I always thought worth doing.

get it done Thumbs Up
Post #24661 19th Feb 2010 11:26am
WinBoot

Belgium 
mrwoo wrote:
K9F wrote:
Mrwoo,

Thanks.

quieter engine
noticeable increase in power when used with BAS remap, cant say I notice when the maps not on

It doesn't run as quiet as it would fully blanked but does make a noticeable difference which I always thought worth doing.

get it done Thumbs Up

So where can we get it? Smile
Post #24662 19th Feb 2010 12:35pm
mrwoo

WinBoot wrote:
mrwoo wrote:
K9F wrote:
Mrwoo,

Thanks.

quieter engine

get it done Thumbs Up

So where can we get it? Smile

I got mine off Pete at BAS when we were going through Guinea Pig mode
Post #24672 19th Feb 2010 2:50pm
badwookie

Kuwait 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Zermatt Silver
Hey all,

I think by now it's been established (not scientifically ofcourse) that blanking the EGR without getting fault codes is possible if engine breathing is vastly improved:

I'm installing the following upgrades in the next 2 weeks:

- Stage 2 Tune Kit + Remap and Delimiter
- Samco sport silicone hoses
- Performance Exhaust system
- Lowered performance suspension system
- Allisport propane kit

Would blanking the EGR be of any extra benefit ?

If there is any benefit, what would I notice in terms of performance gains ?

Pete, your input would be appreciated as well.

thanks
Post #24872 22nd Feb 2010 7:08pm
WinBoot

Belgium 
Just contacted bell auto services and they no longer sell the EGR blanking plate. Anyone else is selling it?
Post #25250 26th Feb 2010 9:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 12 <123 ... 678 ... 101112>