↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > GAP Diagnostic IIDTool Announcement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 95 of 103 <123 ... 949596 ... 101102103>
Print this entire topic · 
BadgerWaz

United Kingdom 
'Evening boys and girls.
I've sat and read through all 94 pages of juicy IID goodness so far, and see it's still a learning process for many but there appears to be some success in some areas which is brilliant.

I have previous experience with Hondata where you simply checked or unchecked boxes that related to the engine etc. so the ecu would either recognise or remove certain parameters/upgraded parts installed.

Is the IID as straight-forward as that for activating factory features the dealer hasn't turned on or is knowledge of vehicle coding required?

I have most of the stuff turned on already so will only benefit from a few extra features it seems, main reason is the power upgrade activation as I prefer more torque than the D250 comes with as it doesn't tow as strongly as I'd like and feels a little laboured.
I'll be honest I couldn't be less interested in having something like park assist, that's what wing mirrors are for Wink but I am interested in the active cruise control. I think it's very greedy of LR not to include this on such an expensive car when supermarket shopping trolley cars come with this.

Every available off-road option will be getting activated, and I guess I'll be the first guinea-pig who'll turn on the D250-D300 setting. My logic is this: if the IID activations are simply turning on ebedded LR files, how could this possibly affect warranty? From what I've read the IID can only activate what is already there, so there are zero aftermarket modifications taking place.

I spoke to my dealership today and they mentioned me 'possibly' voiding the warranty if I buy a tool and plug it in, but when I challenged the fact that other models they sell with the additional enhanced features available are warrantied, how could they justify the same features on mine affecting the relability when it was Land Rover who put these there when they built the car.
I was then informed my warranty may be okay then, but during any service visits the extra features may be reset/turned off during a software update.

I'm fine with this as I've always refused/requested no software updates on all of our vehicles unless part of a safety recall. If it aint broke don't fix it.

Providing I don't have to alter any engine parameters and I can simply select '250-300', I'll do this first and foremost when my IID turns up.
Post #1040057 15th Jul 2024 10:31pm
BadgerWaz

United Kingdom 
Question:

Is there a list that either currently is, or could be: made a sticky of all the activations made by users and the options they selected when turning on disabled features?
Post #1040059 15th Jul 2024 10:44pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
Post #1040062 15th Jul 2024 11:31pm
pjeski

United States 
Post #1040063 15th Jul 2024 11:35pm
Hairy Dan

BadgerWaz wrote:

Is the IID as straight-forward as that for activating factory features the dealer hasn't turned on or is knowledge of vehicle coding required?

Here's a video that I did to show how easy it is to enable the 007 Screen, it's the same process for all other activations but you will need a G4 tools to do the likes of ACC. The G4 tool does do a lot more changes as it is going through the process than the G3 but the options are to click continue to keep the update going. (it just takes longer) Thumbs Up

?si=UDzfHo5IJQ_whYYV Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #1040064 15th Jul 2024 11:37pm
BadgerWaz

United Kingdom 
BadgerWaz wrote:
Question:

Is there a list that either currently is, or could be: made a sticky of all the activations made by users and the options they selected when turning on disabled features?

Perfect thank you both very much.
I had searched the site posts before registering too so I’ve obviously been looking for the wrong tag lines.Exactly what I was looking for Thumbs Up

It would be the G4 I’d be ordering, it’s on eBay for 550 which is cheaper than buying from GAP directly.
Post #1040070 16th Jul 2024 7:15am
BadgerWaz

United Kingdom 
Does anyone know: Do gap offer any discount codes on the forum for buying the G4 direct from them?
Post #1040084 16th Jul 2024 11:10am
BadgerWaz

United Kingdom 
gphei2 wrote:
hi everyone,

has anyone seen any Octa specific stuff in the files yet? or do we have to wait and see until the first octa's get delivered?

also did anyone manage to change their engines eg from D200 to D300?
Just out of curiosity - would be epic if we in europe can change it from a D300 to a D350.

I’ll let you know if it can be done as soon as my G4 arrives. This is the main reason I’m buying it as to avoid using an aftermarket tuner/remapper. If the G4 activates Land Rovers own software they can’t argue the warranty is void.
Post #1040085 16th Jul 2024 11:13am
defending

United Kingdom 
Anyone managed to fix the park assist start button grey out issue ?
Got it all showing up and searching for space but can't select start

Wonder if it is blocked for UK models

Last edited by defending on 17th Jul 2024 11:29pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #1040198 17th Jul 2024 11:27pm
Hairy Dan

BadgerWaz wrote:
Does anyone know: Do gap offer any discount codes on the forum for buying the G4 direct from them?

No they don't but if you get in touch with Duckworth's at Market Rasen and mention the forum they will do you a good price Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #1040199 17th Jul 2024 11:28pm
BadgerWaz

United Kingdom 
Cheers, I'd checked the faq's on gaps' website and they don't offer voucher codes, but I did find a seller that has the G4 in stock so at least I won't be paying full import tax fees.

I've got one on its way to me for £606 (£6 delivery) from an established LR stockist.

I'll be trawling through the menus looking for the D250-D300 option first and foremost to see if this actually changes boost/fuelling etc. etc.
Post #1040213 18th Jul 2024 9:14am
defending

United Kingdom 
Whoever got park assist working, can you please email your ccf so we can do a comparison to find the missing part of this puzzle

I’ve noticed couple of faults when enabling park assist (with grey out start)

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #1040291 18th Jul 2024 11:14pm
BadgerWaz

United Kingdom 
Ugh
Sad

It seems the IID tool cannot in fact be used for upgrading the power. There is no power upgrade file that can be loaded to it, so a trip to a remapper for a custom tune seems the only option (which puts me off).

I have emailed/spoken with four mappers so far who do not offer files for the Defender, even LR won't offer the factory upgrade which is infuriating.

Bummer.

If anyone knows otherwise please let me know. A stage-1 remap is about as simple as it gets for a mild torque/power increase, but I was hoping for the factory software to be loaded for obvious reasons.
Post #1040334 19th Jul 2024 12:53pm
jomara

Scotland 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
BadgerWaz I know LR-Retrofits & Royles Performance offer power upgrades using LR files they have both advertised D250-D300, not sure if the D350 upgrade is available yet. 2014 110 2.2TDCi XS Station wagon
1971 Bowler Tomcat 88 4.2 V8 Auto
2022 110 D250 XS Edition - Gone
2024 110 D250 X-Dynamic HSE
Post #1040411 20th Jul 2024 8:21am
BadgerWaz

United Kingdom 
I'll give Royles' a call on monday and see if I can buy the file for remote loading thanks. (Done this with my AMG using a hand-held before with an MSL file.)

Right, I have a 2023 D250 and I've loaded most of the list on the sticky to my ecu via my G4 IID. So far partially so good. Some of the numbers have changed on the G4 but are pretty much the next one.
E.g. 177 may be 176.

My experience after the first ccf changes:

The rear tailgate pops open when I press my keyfob which is useful for my dogs.

The dynamic mode is available and works, but I do not have any red illumination as others have mentioned.

When I press the Terrain Response button it's a bit hit-and-miss and sometimes just flashes and won't let me choose comfort/dynamic/eco etc. without restarting the engine.

The configure option for Terrain Response isn't working for me at all, is this because I'm on coil springs?

The front fog lights remain on when high-beam is on.

The seatbelt warning light doesn't sound anymore if I drive without a belt on across our field.

I had a factory towbar installed so had towing options already, but I've enabled the additional features from the sticky so I'll see if anything changes when the trailer is back on the car.

What I was looking forward to was the auto cruise control, after changing the ccf to activate this my steering wheel then illuminated with the controls for setting radar distance, but to my total dismay my cruise control no longer works at all Sad

I'll spend some time looking through the long list and see what I can find/alter to get my cruise control back/TR working. If anyone has experienced this and has a quick fix please share.

I have reset the pivi and left the car for around an hour locked up and sat still.

**What I would say to anyone else that's keen to buy an IID and have a go, is make sure you have plenty of battery charge and a suitable backup. I had a fully charged battery, tethered to an auxillary battery that was also fully charged, connected to a 14.4amps rapid charger, and the energy still drained quickly enough from the Defender battery to throw a warning up on the dash.
This was whilst simply scrolling through the list and not during file uploading/writing.
I set one of our other cars running and connected jump leads, but the battery warning came back so I closed the app/IID down and removed it so I could run the Defender.
Maybe only make small quick changes between journeys, I sat and loaded everything all at once.
Post #1040543 21st Jul 2024 12:03am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 95 of 103 <123 ... 949596 ... 101102103>