↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > GAP Diagnostic IIDTool Announcement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 72 of 103 <123 ... 717273 ... 101102103>
Print this entire topic · 
Moo

Ukraine 
The relative cost to upgrade a key piece of kit vs. the ridiculous cost of our wagons is the cost of a couple of tanks of fuel. Technology moves quickly. If it's of value, buy it, if not then the previous gen. unit still offers great value. Thumbs Up

I think they are being more than fair with the upgrade offers people are talking about for better technology and capability, which is still less than half the price of a new iPhone, of which I've just been mugged into buying three Pros Big Cry But the new camera is very good. Rolling Eyes Laughing Eiger Grey MY23 D250 SE with bits. Known as Noddy.
Post #1019807 1st Jan 2024 10:52pm
starbai

United States 
PatGAPInnov wrote:
Hi Everyone,

While the IIDTool has proven itself very reliable and adept at performing all types of functions on newer Land Rover vehicles including the L663 Defender, many of you will have noticed that a few functions including CCF/retrofits have not functioned properly. This is due to the IIDTools G3s interface which does not include the newer DoIP (diagnostics over IP) standard which leaves us with no choice but to update the hardware and introduce an IIDTool G4.

The G4 will enter into production in the coming weeks and we will be looking for beta users shortly. The IIDTool G4 will be marginally more expensive than the G3.

In order to ensure that nobody is shortchanged - especially those who have only recently purchased an IIDTool for their newer Land Rover - all IIDTool G3 users will be offered an advantageous exchange program. G3 owners who have activated their IIDTool after the 1st of October 2022 on a 2017+ car will get a special price. Others will also have an upgrade path similar to what we have done previously for G1 and G2 owners.

Please be aware, with this change to a G4 you will no longer have functionality on the 2002 to 2009 Range Rover L322. The IIDTool G3 will continue to be offered for these vehicles as well as those currently covered by this hardware. Customers will be able to choose between a G3 and G4 depending on budget and vehicle coverage requirements.

We will provide more details after the holiday break.

We would like to thank everyone for their patience and loyalty and we would especially like to thank those users who have helped us by providing feedback and helping other users in the forums Thumbs Up

Happy holidays and a great New Year to everyone!

I'm down for a G4 provided the discount is reasonable for the G3 trade in. The $500 ish cost was a tough pill to swallow as it was and I can't imagine being insanely comfortable with doing it again within just a few short months.

Even if I'm not able to talk my wallet into it, thank you for the progress and continuously upgrading! I'll do it eventually I suppose! Very Happy
Post #1019909 2nd Jan 2024 11:34pm
kenl

Australia 
Hi pjeski

How did you change the brake hold setting? I find it very annoying, and it would be a nightmare in some off-road situations MY23.5 SE Defender
Post #1019963 3rd Jan 2024 1:14pm
pjeski

United States 
kenl wrote:
Hi pjeski

How did you change the brake hold setting? I find it very annoying, and it would be a nightmare in some off-road situations

MultiCAN-711 Auto Hold
Was: HVH Enabled
Is: HVH Disabled

This gets rid of *both* the selectable brake hold and the evil "on demand" brake hold.
Post #1019967 3rd Jan 2024 2:07pm
TBinOz

Australia 
I would like to replace the starter battery with a lithium one which is designed for that use case, but the Defender is set up to charge an EFB type battery with a maximum voltage that exceeds what's safe for lithium.

Does anybody know if the CCF has options to adjust the maximum alternator (actually 48V-to-12V DCDC in my MHEV D300) output voltage?
Post #1020281 6th Jan 2024 12:06am
EataPeach4923

Is there an ETA on the G4? I was about to purchase a G3 but glad I read this first.
Post #1020483 8th Jan 2024 6:14am
OVRLANDR

United States 
Patrick’s last post just stated after the holidays.
Post #1020573 8th Jan 2024 6:57pm
BruceT

South Africa 
norland wrote:
Not the same at all really. G3 was marketed as being fully Defender compatible, but was actually missing a major protocol required and already present in some competitors like Jetpro.
That’s not the same as offering new and improved features, it’s paying again for what you thought you had already bought.

Dont feel bad. I bought 10 of them 3 months ago.

My initial thought was they could have told me they were working on a new version and that there were problems with the version I bought and I still think that, but perhaps at that time they didnt know and I also ask what should the cut off notification period be?
X amount difference in purchase price no matter what it is, and transport from and to Southern Africa is an expensive exercise.

The one positive I think is that they are still trying to figure out a work around on the old version.

I would like to suggest however that notification be sent explaining everything to all that have registered them. I was sent the notification on WhatsApp from one of the people I supplied who happen to be on this forum. That form of communication is no good.

Please could someone also tell me exactly what the difference is in layman terms. What am I missing out on with the new version that I won't have on the old version.

That way I can at least tell the 9 other people I supplied what the difference is.

Thank you "Overlanding With Bruce" - Youtube https://www.youtube.com/@OverlandingwithBruce
11MY Defender 130
23MY Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzrHKcjA-LJ470_H4QwPgVA
Post #1020681 10th Jan 2024 8:17am
Alpha Ali

Saudi Arabia 
Hey,

I’m wondering if you could assist me with the ambient lighting. I recently purchased a new Defender, and regrettably, it came without ambient lighting. I bought LED lights for all sides of the interior. My issue is how to make the cabinet lighting visible on the screen.
Post #1020735 10th Jan 2024 5:41pm
Defendit..

Netherlands 
See this thread

https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic90207.html No Mud flaps for my 90.!
-----------------------------------------
P300 S MY21 on air, adv.+ offroad pack, DRL+fog, Dinamica Suedecloth + Ebony headliner/Cross Beam- Many Mods..
Post #1020780 11th Jan 2024 12:02am
stevemfr

France 
Hi Everyone,
Sorry that we haven’t been able to post an update yet as promised. It is coming. We are in the process of verifying the G4’s production and operation which are prerequisites for setting the final price. We are working hard. The announcement will come ASAP.

The IIDTool G3 is compatible with newer LR vehicles and will perform all necessary diagnostic functions and nearly all additional functions including within the CCF; the exceptions, of course, center around the few ECUs with which we can not fully communicate without a DoIP compatible interface. For the majority of IIDTool owners who actually do not venture into CCF modifications, the IIDTool G3 is a completely sufficient diagnostic system and the additional expense of the G4 is unnecessary.

We have been able to find means of communicating with most of the ECUs and had hoped to find work-arounds in order to be able to perform all CCF functions without the additional expense of new hardware. Unfortunately this was not possible, so all those interested in the CCF functions the IIDTool is not able to perform at present will need to purchase an IIDTool G4.

We would like to stress that we do not want to leave anyone feeling left behind or shortchanged. For those who purchased the IIDTool G3 in the last 15 months specifically for a late model LR (2017>) we will be implementing a special upgrade offer. This upgrade offer will also not be limited, so if you purchase an IIDTool G3 now and use it for a year or 2 and then decide you’d like the additional functionality, you’ll receive the same conditions.

We have a list of people who’d like to become beta testers. If you’d like to be added please send a mail to support at gap - diagnostic dotcom 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s,
2 FL1s and a L663 on the way
Post #1021534 17th Jan 2024 4:27pm
stevemfr

France 
starbai wrote:
I'm down for a G4 provided the discount is reasonable for the G3 trade in. The $500 ish cost was a tough pill to swallow as it was and I can't imagine being insanely comfortable with doing it again within just a few short months.

Even if I'm not able to talk my wallet into it, thank you for the progress and continuously upgrading! I'll do it eventually I suppose! Very Happy

No worries. The upgrade price will be nowhere near the cost of a new IIDTool. 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s,
Post #1021535 17th Jan 2024 4:28pm
Retroanaconda

Scotland 
Thank you. Will that upgrade offer also apply if we bought it via a third party? For example I bought mine from Island4x4 just before Christmas.
Post #1021564 17th Jan 2024 7:30pm
stevemfr

France 
Yes, of course!

We try make sure that the customers did purchase the IIDTool for a late model LR, so we go by the activation date and vehicle. If the IIDTool was activated after Oct. 1, 2022 and on a late model LR, no worries. We have Allmakes as our distribution partner in the UK and 4xTec in Germany with many other resellers around the world, so we don't expect you to have purchased through our webshop Razz

If you have any questions (or complaints (hopefully not, though)), send us an email to the support@ address I listed above. 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s,
Post #1021602 18th Jan 2024 12:08am
carltb

2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
I bought my IIDTool 11 months ago knowing that I would get the new defender but could use it on my 2016 Disco 4 in the meantime. So I activated it in Feb on the disco 4 and then bought a new license on it for my new defender in September when it arrived (sold the Disco). So I would not be eligible for the upgrade offer according to the rules you set. Let me know if an exception can be made.... Thanks! 2025 Defender 130 V8
2025 Defender 90 D250 (wifes)
2024 Defender 110 p400e HSE (sold)
2015 Defender 110 Double cab
2004 Defender 90 Td5
Post #1021623 18th Jan 2024 10:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 72 of 103 <123 ... 717273 ... 101102103>