↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > GAP Diagnostic IIDTool Announcement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 45 of 103 <123 ... 444546 ... 101102103>
Print this entire topic · 
holtenc

United States 
I compared my CCF to ODPA's last night and the differences I spotted are pretty much what everyone here has listed here in the past few hours or so. I too got an error about emergency braking being disabled.

There is a range of entries (606 - 622) that are still unknown/undefined that were flagged as having differences between mine and ODPA's. Perhaps those will be revealed in a future update to the GAP tool.

There was a difference I found but its meaning was not immediately obvious to me. If anyone has any idea what it may be referring to I would appreciate the info:

MultiCAN-771 A2B Configuration No
Configuration #3

edit: A2B is Automative Audio Bus... so nothing I want to mess with Very Happy.

Last edited by holtenc on 19th Aug 2023 6:32pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #1004764 19th Aug 2023 6:20pm
mmbanf

Italy 
hi Scott, thanks for the help, Thumbs Up
i already tried to modify those parameters, but always the same error, i compared my file with three other users with auto TR, my thought that there is still some file to decrypt and make visible.

Cheers

Marco
Post #1004765 19th Aug 2023 6:25pm
holtenc

United States 
It seems that when activating ATPC/TR2 or ACC people are getting an error with emergency breaking. I wonder if they share a requisite CCF entry that isn’t yet available. It would be interesting to see if someone with only one of those options is able to successfully enable the other.
Post #1004773 19th Aug 2023 7:31pm
ODPA

United States 
mmbanf wrote:
hi Scott, thanks for the help, Thumbs Up
i already tried to modify those parameters, but always the same error, i compared my file with three other users with auto TR, my thought that there is still some file to decrypt and make visible.

Cheers

Marco

Well that is too bad. I mentioned the ones I did as they do not match with what mine are set to. Thinking maybe the wrong combination of setting might be keeping it from taking. However I would agree we are missing something. I am sure with time it will get sorted out.
Post #1004775 19th Aug 2023 8:00pm
mmbanf

Italy 
it is curious that on some cars by setting auto TR and atpc, there is the defect: emergency brake not available, others (as in my case), defect: traction only 2wd.
I thought that maybe those who have the series acc could have the first defect, who doesn't (my case), the second defect.
this would suggest that an acc setting is complementary to auto TR.
If this correlation does not exist, it would be necessary to understand why not all cars have the same error.
Post #1004784 19th Aug 2023 10:11pm
NoWayMe

Canada 
starbai wrote:

I updated the firmware straight out of the box and downloaded the latest version of the app from the app store. Used it for the first time after the firmware was updated.

I activated my tool, tied it to my car and read the ccf file. I made a number of edits (known working things) and went to write the ccf to the car. It uploads I think ok (to 100%) and then it says ccf upload failed.
​​​​​​​

Exact same thing happened to me. Just received tool. Followed updating, activation steps to a T. Started small with the 007 edit only. Appears to upload fully and then says upload failed. I read in a later post Patrick is aware of this issue so will patiently wait to hear from him I guess?!
Post #1004788 19th Aug 2023 10:26pm
ODPA

United States 
mmbanf wrote:
it is curious that on some cars by setting auto TR and atpc, there is the defect: emergency brake not available, others (as in my case), defect: traction only 2wd.
I thought that maybe those who have the series acc could have the first defect, who doesn't (my case), the second defect.
this would suggest that an acc setting is complementary to auto TR.
If this correlation does not exist, it would be necessary to understand why not all cars have the same error.

That is interesting. Hopefully as the unknowns become defined the group will find the missing item. Most of the differences between my two Defenders are in the unknown section. So it is hard to know if maybe what is needed is in that section. Time will tell.
Post #1004794 19th Aug 2023 11:12pm
Bob Heijnen

Netherlands 
marcd3301 wrote:
holtenc wrote:
I believe ATPC and TR2 still haven’t been figured out yet as well. No doubt they will come along with ACC. The GAP tool is definitely worth it. Heck it’s currently a $1850 option package that includes ATPC, TR2, ATA and configurable terrain response.

Hi, my Defender only came with hill descent control. Changing the following gave me ATPC (discussed on page 30)

MultiCAN-476 ATPC
Original: HDC
Changed to : HDC and LSPC

Hope this helps.

I stumbled across this on discovery sportnet:
It's absolutely possible if you have HDC option in your DS. Just enabled it on my DS HSE 2018:)
You just need to update your car config file with "ATPC: HDC and LSPC" enabled and make config re-learn for IPMA and ABS modules.
To do that you'll need VBF editor and data cable for your car.

How do you re-learn for IPMA and ABS module? Could something like that be the missing links for TC2?
Post #1004924 21st Aug 2023 7:23am
marcd3301

United Kingdom 
That's very interesting. When I changed to HDC and LSPC, it was simply a matter of resetting Pivi. On restart there were no warnings evident, and ATPC was presented as an option (double press on HDC icon button).

It would appear that on this forum, some are lucky (me) and don't have any follow on warnings and yet others have emergency braking and/or 2 wheel drive warnings. However, I can definitely state that I have ATPC having only had HDC from the manufacturer. Cheers Marc
--------------------
20MY Defender 110 D240 First Edition, Gondwana Stone (enhanced with as much black as possible). Devon 4x4 winch mount, Bravo Snorkel fitted.

24MY Defender 110 D300 XS, Santorini Black.
Post #1004997 21st Aug 2023 3:55pm
mmbanf

Italy 
hi Marc, a question? Did your car have TR configurable as standard? Is it possible to have your ccf file?

Cheers

Marco
Post #1004998 21st Aug 2023 3:59pm
holtenc

United States 
marcd3301 wrote:
That's very interesting. When I changed to HDC and LSPC, it was simply a matter of resetting Pivi. On restart there were no warnings evident, and ATPC was presented as an option (double press on HDC icon button).

It would appear that on this forum, some are lucky (me) and don't have any follow on warnings and yet others have emergency braking and/or 2 wheel drive warnings. However, I can definitely state that I have ATPC having only had HDC from the manufacturer.

Do you also have ACC?
Post #1005003 21st Aug 2023 4:47pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
Bob Heijnen wrote:

I stumbled across this on discovery sportnet:
It's absolutely possible if you have HDC option in your DS. Just enabled it on my DS HSE 2018:)
You just need to update your car config file with "ATPC: HDC and LSPC" enabled and make config re-learn for IPMA and ABS modules.
To do that you'll need VBF editor and data cable for your car.

How do you re-learn for IPMA and ABS module? Could something like that be the missing links for TC2?

I've been having a look at the settings available as I thought there may be a setting like there is for the Pivi screen

Menu>Service Test>IDMA>Allow Central Configuration Data Learning

But I can't find how to do it on the ABS module and I can't even find the IPMA module Confused Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #1005007 21st Aug 2023 5:13pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
marcd3301 wrote:

It would appear that on this forum, some are lucky (me) and don't have any follow on warnings and yet others have emergency braking and/or 2 wheel drive warnings. However, I can definitely state that I have ATPC having only had HDC from the manufacturer.

Mine was one of the cars that had the emergency brake error everytime I tried to switch LSPC on and I couldn't clear it unless I switched LSPC off again. David at Hunters was able to activate TR2/ATPC/Auto etc using his Pathfinder system so we know it's possible. It may be a case of getting the ABS module to learn the setting as postured by Bob Heijnen above but I can see a way to do that, yet!

holtenc wrote:
Do you also have ACC?

By the way I have ACC from the factory and still had the emergency brake error Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #1005008 21st Aug 2023 5:21pm
Bob Heijnen

Netherlands 
When reading other fora, I get the feeling that maybe we have to align the camera after the update. I want to try this. How to do it? Help appreciated.
Post #1005026 21st Aug 2023 7:35pm
holtenc

United States 
I’m not sure if this is what your looking for but in the IIDControl app there is Service/Test -> CCM - Cruise Control Module -> Adaptive Align

I assumed it was something that needed to be done once the feature was enabled with no errors but I really have no idea and worried I may really mess something up by running the routine. No clue what it actually does or if it’s something I can recover from on my own without dealer intervention.

In the FAQ Gap mentions a calibration process but there isn’t a CCM entry in the calibration menu for the L663

https://www.gap-diagnostic.com/faq/#collapse-1-12818
Post #1005065 21st Aug 2023 10:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 45 of 103 <123 ... 444546 ... 101102103>