↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > My New Defender!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 10 of 10 <12345678910
Print this entire topic · 
JSG

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Excellent work Zag Thumbs Up I will be looking to sort out the underbody protection on mine when it arrives (or soon after as it may off to France as soon as it arrives).

I had a moan to the dealer about the lack of underbody coating when the 07 Puma was new and they took it in for two days, lent me a Freelander and did the job for free - I may try and swing that again Mr. Green John

http://www.hampshire4x4response.co.uk

2011 Tdci 110 CSW XS
Post #69929 6th May 2011 9:45am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Shocked That was a touch John, would love to know how you swung that one...good for you Thumbs Up

I have just used 4 cans of Dinitrol under-seal stuff for the little bits and tricky bits that you can't get a brush into. Think you would need at least the same again to do the chassis and under body (in fact I think that is what they recommend in the kit for a Land Rover).

Well it has taken a long time but It's well worth it when you look at all the nuts, spring clips, brackets, screws sticking through etc etc let alone the chassis, rear cross-member etc all waiting to rust up - they really DO need to under-seal it, it's appalling selling a car like that. Try and get one of those rusted nuts off in 5 years time and the spring clips would have rotted and fallen off by then Rolling Eyes The mechanics must curse working on older one's, they must get through cans of plus gas trying to free every rusted nut off Sad

Chris
Post #69946 6th May 2011 1:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Just ask them!

The waxoyled mine again for me after they fitted the roof vas I mentioned the axle seemed a little more rusty tha I would expect...the stripped painted an waxoyl'd it Mike
Post #69957 6th May 2011 4:02pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
I think several of us managed to get their dealers to Waxoyl our then new Defenders when they first came out back in '07, I know I did with my silver 110 XS CSW but I still did it again myself.

I recently Dino'd my current USW myself as nothing had been applied to it and reckoned there was a snowflake in hell's chance of convincing the dealer should do it now. Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #69962 6th May 2011 5:15pm
wurzell

United Kingdom 
hi zagato Very Happy cheers, yes i must go back soon we havent visited for a couple of years now Embarassed Thumbs Up paul n tash
Post #69974 6th May 2011 7:56pm
d j hutton

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
You know I was thinking there could be a market for this, i.e. contacting new owners and finishing off the product for them - great job Very Happy Snow cover not cheap but VERY NICE Wink[/quote]

Yes please - how much Very Happy preferably next week after I get the 110 saturday, I haven't a clue where to put the cavity spray and don't want to find out in 5 years time!

Dave H
Post #103247 29th Nov 2011 10:34am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 10 of 10 <12345678910