↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > What was your first car?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 10 of 10 <12345678910
Print this entire topic · 
90 Dreamer

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
drove my mates similar 'rally bus' which consisted of a V6 3.0 essex with 4wd Overdrive box in a bull nose transit........

fully loaded with spares, wheel rack on the roof and trailer with rally car on the back it often had people wondering why they couldn't get past...... Whistle

bit like this sort of thing but bright yellow..........
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?...p;usqp=CAU
Post #867318 14th Nov 2020 3:59pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Adammacky wrote:
Yeah the first thing I did was swap to opel badges and also had a genuine opel grill sent over from poland i had fitted for a while but preferred the irmscher look more, as a 17 year old living at home with parents all my paychecks went towards the car Laughing sad to see from gov uk that its no longer being taxed or MOTd unfortunately Sad maybe scrapped now Crying or Very sad

I recon that will have gone in part ex and the dealer has weighed in it, due to the age of the car sadly. My 306 would end up the same way, Also my rover metro in the photo was dismantled and scrapped last year by the looks of it. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #867424 14th Nov 2020 9:35pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Bian Considine wrote:
Procta wrote:
Adammacky those days are gone now, Sad

Sadly true - back in the 80's I had a mkII Transit with a 3ltr Capri V6/gearbox/rear axle combination - that surprised a few people.

Laughing my red metro gta 16v raised hell too, the car had the vvc running gear, which i later dropped into the 1.1s shell you see.
Anyway, A few people used to try it on, and used to wonder why they could not pass it or why it used to walk away from them.
Best one, was when me and my dad took the car for a good ride around the north east boarders. A ford focus tried to be funny, So i lead him into false sense of security and then wound him right in, and hung him out. The bloke was very embarrassed, my dad was ill with laughter! The best part about it was, i never took that car over 4k RPM, when i wanted to play i would let it the vvc system kick in. Then it would pull Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #867425 14th Nov 2020 9:36pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
90 Dreamer wrote:
drove my mates similar 'rally bus' which consisted of a V6 3.0 essex with 4wd Overdrive box in a bull nose transit........

fully loaded with spares, wheel rack on the roof and trailer with rally car on the back it often had people wondering why they couldn't get past...... Whistle

bit like this sort of thing but bright yellow..........
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?...p;usqp=CAU

I made a honda civics drivers life hell, when me and my dad came back from camping. The metro had camping gear in the back, and this civic was been a bit of a pain, so we had a bit of an over taking match. He kept wondering why i was catching him and over taking him. We both got to a hill and i left him. Great fun that was, shame the project became a mega money pit. I would build another old school sleeper again, but i would really have to want to do it. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #867433 14th Nov 2020 9:47pm
Greyman110

United Kingdom 
My first car was a CJ7 Golden Eagle.

Was totally original except for some big alloys.

After storing her for years, I sold her when the auto box needed an overhaul and the chassie needed some welding.

I regretted selling her and if I had the chance would probably buy her back.

Now I'm car stalking Laughing

Her last MOT was 2017 and she's not in good shape Big Cry
Post #867767 16th Nov 2020 7:42pm
L110CDL

England 
Adammacky wrote:
Yeah the first thing I did was swap to opel badges and also had a genuine opel grill sent over from poland i had fitted for a while but preferred the irmscher look more, as a 17 year old living at home with parents all my paychecks went towards the car Laughing sad to see from gov uk that its no longer being taxed or MOTd unfortunately Sad maybe scrapped now Crying or Very sad

Agree with you there that the Irmscher look was better Thumbs Up

Yep good old days living at home and as you said, pay checks for the car Very Happy 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up.

Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #867822 16th Nov 2020 11:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 10 of 10 <12345678910