↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Technical > Who wants a Nanocom Evolution
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
Lorryman100

Apologies the firmware update is an .exe file (done the reply when I got in from work early doors). Still worth installing it though, you need to connect your nanocom to the computer via the usb (remove sd card)lead then run the .exe file. The program then looks for the nanocom and checks to see if it needs this upgrade, it then instals it on to your nanocom via some screen prompts you need to action Thumbs Up
Post #52714 13th Jan 2011 11:09am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
CFB

United Kingdom 
Tried that, the little .exe file runs ok but doesn't detect the Nanocom unit via USB, have tried plugging in/out etc but it doesn't see the unit at all. My PC is seeing the Nanocom but this little piece of software isn't for some reason Andy
Post #52718 13th Jan 2011 11:17am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lorryman100

Is the nanocom visible as an extra drive in My Computer Question
Post #52719 13th Jan 2011 11:18am
Lorryman100

Edit:

Is the nanocom visible as an extra drive in My Computer when the upgrade program is running Question
Post #52721 13th Jan 2011 11:23am
CFB

United Kingdom 
Yes Andy
Post #52723 13th Jan 2011 11:25am
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
CFB wrote:
I've managed to get it driveable again by changing it from AIR to COIL mode, not ideal but at least it is keeping the air inflated. For whatever reason it just will not change the SLABS setting to Transport Mode DISABLED, think my only option is to get it on a dealer TestBook to reset this.

I'm not sure about this Kernel upgrade, don't want to screw the unit up, is there not a simpler way of upgrading the Firmware on these units???

NO! dont do the kernel update...that was my point (i think thats what you were going to do with the .exe)

The firmware is just a quick file copy - different

I know loads of people who use it on the SLABs system - so im not sure what wrong with yours...just as on the LRO forum Mike
Post #52728 13th Jan 2011 11:56am
Lorryman100

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, had to go and get unit from car and check the firmware, files loaded dates and the versions available in the upgrade packs. So for me anyway, my unit is up to date with no updates required. I take it your's is the same Andy? Where about's up north are you? It may be worth trying another nanocom unit in your disco to check to see if it's your unit. software issue or a problem with your disco. Otherwise it's just going to be a case of waiting on Mattia getting back to you or you taking it to a dealers.

I am just thinking aloud here, all unlock codes entered correctly?
I take it there are no faults logged within the SLS / ACE / SLABS?. Did you test the SLS functions, all readings values consistent? Does the air suspension test OK on each corner? Can you now disable the Transporter mode now that you are in Coil mode? Does the unit allow you to alter the suspension height and save settings when you are in coil mode or is that option missing? I dont have a D2 in the drive to check myself but these are the type of things I would be trying if I did Thumbs Up
Post #52729 13th Jan 2011 11:58am
CFB

United Kingdom 
Every other function change and setting adjusment seems to work fine, it's just this transport mode that is stuck. Andy
Post #52734 13th Jan 2011 12:47pm
Lorryman100

CFB wrote:

Every other function change and setting adjusment seems to work fine, it's just this transport mode that is stuck.

Nanocom website wrote:

Transport mode ENABLED-DISABLED – This setting enables or disables the transport mode (see workshop manual)

"see workshop manual", wonder if we are missing something unrelated to the Nanocom Question
Post #52739 13th Jan 2011 1:21pm
CFB

United Kingdom 
I have the workshop manual and it just descibes what transport mode actually is.

It is certainly what mine is now doing. Andy
Post #52757 13th Jan 2011 1:59pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Lorryman100 wrote:
CFB wrote:

Every other function change and setting adjusment seems to work fine, it's just this transport mode that is stuck.

Nanocom website wrote:

Transport mode ENABLED-DISABLED – This setting enables or disables the transport mode (see workshop manual)

"see workshop manual", wonder if we are missing something unrelated to the Nanocom Question

that was my original thought Mike
Post #52759 13th Jan 2011 2:00pm
bell-auto-services

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
CFB what firmware version is your tool on ?

Pete
Post #52763 13th Jan 2011 2:15pm
CFB

United Kingdom 
It's on;

Kernel 1.01
Main firmware 1.2
Graphic 1.2
OBD 1.01 Andy
Post #52768 13th Jan 2011 3:08pm
bell-auto-services

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Thanks, im not sure of the latest but ill try and check.

It is weird that you cant update it though, what operating system are you running on the pc ?
If the firmware exe is small eniough can you email it to me please bellautos@hotmail.com

Pete
Post #52776 13th Jan 2011 3:49pm
CFB

United Kingdom 
Whoo hoo, its fixed!!

Bug in software means the parameters are inverted so saving as ENABLED makes it DISABLED

Mattia at Nanocom sorted it Mr. Green Andy
Post #52803 13th Jan 2011 6:36pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>