↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Intelligent Speed Assistance (ISA) technology is here to sta
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
spudfan wrote:
... Sometimes while driving in a strange area you might not notice the speed limit sign or it could be hidden by untrimmed bushes...

Don't forget that since the legislation changed in 2016 there is no longer a requirements for there to be any speed limit signs at all to indicate that you are in a restricted area.

Since 2016 the mere presence of regularly spaced streetlights means that there is a 30-limit, even if there are no ingress or egress signs. Also ingress and egress signs no longer need to be matched pairs, a single sign (on either side of the road) is sufficient (except where no sign at all is required due to streetlighting as noted above).

There are many main roads I know of where NSL apply that have street-lit zones at junctions etc., and it is far from clear to me what happens now the 2016 legislation appears to make these 30 limits. Fortunately it seems to be equally unclear to the enforcement bodies.

Having said all that, I strongly believe that an attentive driver should know what the speed limit is at all times, and there really isn't an excuse for not knowing this.
Post #1039788 12th Jul 2024 2:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12