↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > GAP Diagnostic IIDTool Announcement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 44 of 103 <123 ... 434445 ... 101102103>
Print this entire topic · 
DefenderMidlands

United Kingdom 
That’s interesting that some aren’t locked. Sounds like your own of the lucky ones there. Enjoy your activity key
Post #1004668 18th Aug 2023 8:15pm
ODPA

United States 
Re: Advanced Tow Assist is Working!
[quote="Hairy Dan"]
ODPA wrote:

Click image to enlarge

I think I have it working also but can't be certain as I haven't got access to a trailer at the moment, I thought I may have been able to trick the system with a trailer board plugged in Laughing But, I can get it to operate and click the start button which is the farthest I've been yet with it, unfortunately when I try to move it then pings up "trailer not detected" and switches itself out of the tow assist mode, so I'm pretty confident it's working Bow down

One thing that you mentioned was not getting it to show up straight away, if you are doing an activation that involves adding something to the Pivi screen you can always reboot Pivi after the car has gone to sleep but you can also run a programme on the IID tool. I do this after most activations now and can get things to show up straight after. Thumbs Up

Menu>Service Test>IDMA>Allow Central Configuration Data Learning

Ian

Thanks for that info. Next time I am trying something I will use that as a way to speed up the process. As for yours I do believe you are correct in having it. When I tested the other day my 7 pin plug was not seated as well as it should have been and mine did the same thing a couple times. I pushed it in more and made sure it was latched with the cover and it stopped disconnecting.

As a side note I have been following a couple other threads about upgrades using the pathfinder software which only a few places have and they charge more than the cost of a GAP tool. This group has produced all but one item listed as upgrades with the pathfinder option. The only thing missing is ACC. I bet ACC happens as well in time. Seems to me the GAP tool is well worth the money at this point.

Scott
Post #1004685 18th Aug 2023 10:37pm
holtenc

United States 
I believe ATPC and TR2 still haven’t been figured out yet as well. No doubt they will come along with ACC. The GAP tool is definitely worth it. Heck it’s currently a $1850 option package that includes ATPC, TR2, ATA and configurable terrain response.
Post #1004696 19th Aug 2023 1:42am
ODPA

United States 
I was pretty sure those were included or most of them at least in the list on page 40 that Ian recently put together. I looked back and I don’t see ATPC but the rest? If someone who does not have ATPC wants to compare CCF’s with mine I am more than happy to share my files. My 110 already has ATPC included so I have not been working on that one.

I stand corrected. Lol.

Scott
Post #1004697 19th Aug 2023 2:23am
holtenc

United States 
The configurable terrain response is there but not TR2, which I believe just enables an "auto" mode where the vehicle decides on the fly which terrain made it should be using depending on the current situation.

I wouldn't mind comparing your CCF to mine if you want to share! By default my build doesn't have any of the advanced features so hopefully differences will stand out.

edit: here is my current CCF that has dynamic mode and configurable TR enabled.

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AqPvaIYWAW-hidMsElOL7UobtKcvoQ?e=WOolRN
Post #1004698 19th Aug 2023 2:38am
ODPA

United States 
That makes sense on the differences. I let my excitement get the best of me. So there are two main things still not just AAC. Not too bad given the price difference. PM me your email and I will send you a copy. Don’t mind sharing at all.
Post #1004699 19th Aug 2023 4:24am
starbai

United States 
Hey guys I just got my tool today and I was excited to try it out.

I read all the documentation and feel comfortable using this thing after coding BMWs in the past and following multiple threads on this tool.

I updated the firmware straight out of the box and downloaded the latest version of the app from the app store. Used it for the first time after the firmware was updated.

I activated my tool, tied it to my car and read the ccf file. I made a number of edits (known working things) and went to write the ccf to the car. It uploads I think ok (to 100%) and then it says ccf upload failed.

I tried again this time only enabling one thing (in car wifi) and same issue. Upload failed.

Anyone know what I could be doing incorrectly?

I emailed GAP using the contact us link on their page but I got an auto response saying they're on vacation till Aug 28. I'll obviously wait if I have to but kinda bummed as I had a short road trip planned tomorrow and I was keen to try out dynamic mode.
​​​​​​​

Last edited by starbai on 19th Aug 2023 6:02am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #1004700 19th Aug 2023 5:19am
holtenc

United States 
If you haven't already, I would plug it into your computer and run the firmware updater tool, then refresh your phone/tablet app if a firmware update was installed.
Post #1004701 19th Aug 2023 5:22am
starbai

United States 
Hey there, yeap I updated the firmware first and foremost when I first received the tool.

Its currently running V4.00.00 B3034

As for updating the app I'm not sure how to 'refresh' that? I had already performed the firmware update before using the app on the mobile device for the first time. I also just downloaded the app for the first time today so I 'assume' its the most current version available on the app store.
Post #1004703 19th Aug 2023 6:00am
marcd3301

United Kingdom 
holtenc wrote:
I believe ATPC and TR2 still haven’t been figured out yet as well. No doubt they will come along with ACC. The GAP tool is definitely worth it. Heck it’s currently a $1850 option package that includes ATPC, TR2, ATA and configurable terrain response.

Hi, my Defender only came with hill descent control. Changing the following gave me ATPC (discussed on page 30)

MultiCAN-476 ATPC
Original: HDC
Changed to : HDC and LSPC

Hope this helps. Cheers Marc
--------------------
20MY Defender 110 D240 First Edition, Gondwana Stone (enhanced with as much black as possible). Devon 4x4 winch mount, Bravo Snorkel fitted.

24MY Defender 110 D300 XS, Santorini Black.
Post #1004709 19th Aug 2023 8:36am
pjeski

United States 
starbai wrote:
Hey guys I just got my tool today and I was excited to try it out.

I read all the documentation and feel comfortable using this thing after coding BMWs in the past and following multiple threads on this tool.

I updated the firmware straight out of the box and downloaded the latest version of the app from the app store. Used it for the first time after the firmware was updated.

I activated my tool, tied it to my car and read the ccf file. I made a number of edits (known working things) and went to write the ccf to the car. It uploads I think ok (to 100%) and then it says ccf upload failed.

I tried again this time only enabling one thing (in car wifi) and same issue. Upload failed.

Anyone know what I could be doing incorrectly?

I emailed GAP using the contact us link on their page but I got an auto response saying they're on vacation till Aug 28. I'll obviously wait if I have to but kinda bummed as I had a short road trip planned tomorrow and I was keen to try out dynamic mode.
​​​​​​​

I have the same thing going on. Patrick is aware and working on it.
Post #1004714 19th Aug 2023 9:01am
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
aquascape wrote:
That’s interesting that some aren’t locked. Sounds like your own of the lucky ones there. Enjoy your activity key

Mine is locked Big Cry I wonder if it has something to do with location, I see MickD is from the USA I'm wondering that it could be only UK/European cars that are permanently locked Confused

Click image to enlarge
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #1004720 19th Aug 2023 9:32am
Nicofender

Germany 
Just tried TA2 as ODPA figured out. Works flawlessly!
Post #1004731 19th Aug 2023 11:18am
mmbanf

Italy 
ODPA wrote:
I was pretty sure those were included or most of them at least in the list on page 40 that Ian recently put together. I looked back and I don’t see ATPC but the rest? If someone who does not have ATPC wants to compare CCF’s with mine I am more than happy to share my files. My 110 already has ATPC included so I have not been working on that one.

I stand corrected. Lol.

Scott

Hello Scott,
thanks to a post by Ian, I managed to enable the terrain response configurable,
however, as Ian had pointed out, the "auto TR and ATPC" feature creates a bug on the system and I haven't been able to fix it yet.
comparing different ccf files of cars I selected these parameters:
MultiCAN-476 From Hdc only and Hdc e Lpsc.
MultiCAN-754 Auto TR Prog Mode From Not fitted and Fitted
MultiCAN-778 ATPC Select In FCPB
" Available as shared purpose butten
HAultiCAN 778 Ter Auto Select lA FEPB
"; Rotary used fer setection within touch sereen
MultiCAN-789 Drive Mode Order
ALl Terrain vehicle Including Auto
AAultiCAN 853 ATP€ Button Type
Hard Button Fittedt
with this configuration the system works, but after a certain time on the road (15'), a yellow warning appears, "only 2wd traction" Big Cry Big Cry

Click image to enlarge
Post #1004741 19th Aug 2023 1:40pm
ODPA

United States 
I took a look at my CCF’s and compared to what you had listed and I also compared to Ian’s CCF as a cross reference. I also looked at most everything that seemed to deal with Terrain Response and here is what I cam up with that you can try different from what you currently may have set have set.

MultiCAN-696 ATCM Rotary Switch
Set to Fitted

MultiCAN-696 ATCM Auto TR Mode Switch
Set to Auto Terrain Response Mode selection switch not fitted

MultiCAN-778 Ter Auto Select in FCPB
Set to Available as Shared Purpose Button

Those are taken directly from my CCF list and I have advanced off road as a package on my 110. If that still does not work then I would suggest comparing my CCF list to yours as the differences should stand out if compared.

Good Luck

Scott
Post #1004762 19th Aug 2023 5:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 44 of 103 <123 ... 434445 ... 101102103>