↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > GAP Diagnostic IIDTool Announcement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 41 of 103 <123 ... 404142 ... 101102103>
Print this entire topic · 
wlaughto

Australia 
Hairy Dan wrote:
I have tried to collate all the known working settings into this post, if anybody spots a mistake or has an addition to make just shout Thumbs Up

Perfect, thank you.
Post #1003605 10th Aug 2023 1:28pm
Ratledge

United States 2016 Defender 90 300 Tdi SW Auto Stornoway Grey
Thanks, guys! Those two posts summarize everything I have seen.

Once I get mine activated I will start playing with the changes.
Post #1003614 10th Aug 2023 2:25pm
ODPA

United States 
Ian and Marco

Thanks for all the great info. Looks like I don’t have the Matrix LED based on the sticker comparison. Interesting that the CCF I listed says matrix. Also something of note is in comparison with the CCF list Ian sent me our vehicles are set the same as far as light type.

Ian you have the motor I want but can’t get. Wish LR would import the diesel.

Scott

Last edited by ODPA on 10th Aug 2023 5:20pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #1003623 10th Aug 2023 3:19pm
ODPA

United States 
MickD wrote:
That's great. I wished I had that when I first started. It really should be stickied and not buried on page 40 of a thread.

One thing I don't see in your list is fogs with high beams. I read that this would do it but it didn't work for me.

EUCD-018 Foglight Function
Foglight without restrictions

I found that when I only set the CCF you listed as suggested I still did not have fog lights with high beams. I am in the North America/United States market per my profile flag so technically not allowed. In order to make it work I also had to make this change.

MultiCAN-734 Front Fog Lights Oft High Beam.
Set to Disable.

Once I did both I had unrestricted fog lights.

Scott
Post #1003635 10th Aug 2023 5:19pm
OVRLANDR

United States 
This is exactly what I have in my CCF’s and I have fogs with high beam.
Post #1003766 11th Aug 2023 1:32pm
DefenderMidlands

United Kingdom 
Cabin lighting?
Has anyone managed to enable the cabin lighting function with this tool?

Last edited by DefenderMidlands on 13th Aug 2023 1:58pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #1003921 13th Aug 2023 5:49am
Ratledge

United States 2016 Defender 90 300 Tdi SW Auto Stornoway Grey
I got my iid tool activated and working.

My problem was that even though I was within range of my Wifi, I had no connection.
Post #1003946 13th Aug 2023 12:01pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
Re: Cabin lighting?
aquascape wrote:
Has anyone managed to enact o the cabin lighting function with this tool?

Do you mean the ambient lighting?

EUCD-240 Ambient Lighting

is the setting for turning the ambient lighting on but you need the hardware, as standard all the lights are white. If you have a look here https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic85281-465.html

Marc and Marco discuss the ambient lights and what is required to fit them, I believe Marc had Hunters Prestige fit some extra lights for him as an upgrade and get the others working, I know this as I bumped into Marc at their place. I would ask Marc what he did to get them all working Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #1003961 13th Aug 2023 1:25pm
NoWayMe

Canada 
Just ordered! Hoping to confirm that activation of dynamic mode won’t affect warranty in any way?!
Post #1004042 14th Aug 2023 7:16am
marcd3301

United Kingdom 
Re: Cabin lighting?
Hairy Dan wrote:
aquascape wrote:
Has anyone managed to enact o the cabin lighting function with this tool?

Do you mean the ambient lighting?

EUCD-240 Ambient Lighting

is the setting for turning the ambient lighting on but you need the hardware, as standard all the lights are white. If you have a look here https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic85281-465.html

Marc and Marco discuss the ambient lights and what is required to fit them, I believe Marc had Hunters Prestige fit some extra lights for him as an upgrade and get the others working, I know this as I bumped into Marc at their place. I would ask Marc what he did to get them all working Thumbs Up

Hi Aquascape,

I and others have tried to pin (there's a pun there) this down, but with limited results. Enabling Ambient lighting is exactly as Ian explains, that's the simple bit.

Fitting coloured ambient lights to the doors, is also a reasonably simple DIY job and is covered in the previous conversation between Marco and me (Powerful UK also have a video explaining how to remove the door cards to allow access to lighting loom). As for the dashboard and centre console, nobody has yet been able to get to the bottom of how to connect the existing cable to the Body Control Module (BCM). I ended up using Hunters Prestige (where I met Ian) and I'm glad I did.

Watching them trying to work within the limited space of the passenger footwell, I know I would have broken something that would have cost a great deal.

So in short, if you are content with coloured ambient lighting in your doors, go ahead and make the CCF change and fit yourself. If you want to retrofit the entire ambient lighting capability, my advice is take it to a professional. Cheers Marc
--------------------
20MY Defender 110 D240 First Edition, Gondwana Stone (enhanced with as much black as possible). Devon 4x4 winch mount, Bravo Snorkel fitted.

24MY Defender 110 D300 XS, Santorini Black.
Post #1004058 14th Aug 2023 11:10am
Hairy Dan

I've also been to Hunters and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them, when I was there David gave me a full tour of the warehouse, they hold a massive stock of parts there, aftermarket and genuine. I was also free to walk around and talk to the guys who work there and they are meticulous in their preparation and care they take Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #1004152 15th Aug 2023 12:30am
holtenc

United States 
Hello all. First post

Should have my GAP tool in a couple days. Excited to try some things out. I do have a question though:

The main reason I purchased it was in anticipation of the possibility of enabling ACC in the future. I had read somewhere that many vehicles that do not have that factory option actually have the requisite hardware already and would not require retrofitting. I had a look at the camera area, though I'm not sure what it should look like if I did have the correct hardware.

I see I've got a single camera, however there is a space to the left where it looks like there could be another, but the space is empty. I've attached an image for reference(sorry about the glar/reflection).

Can anyone chime in about whether or not I've got hardware in place in the event ACC is able to be activated via GAP IIDTool?

2023 130 X-Dynamic SE

Click image to enlarge
Post #1004158 15th Aug 2023 3:41am
Hairy Dan

holtenc wrote:
Hello all. First post
Can anyone chime in about whether or not I've got hardware in place in the event ACC is able to be activated via GAP IIDTool?

Hi, welcome to the forum, the radar sensor for ACC is actually behind the Land Rover oval badge on the front grill, it is my understanding that all Defenders have the ability to have ACC enabled as they all have automated emergency braking, which uses the same sensors. There isn't any extra equipment that needs retrofitting for it to work, it's all done in software. I haven't heard of anybody who hasn't been able to have it activated yet. Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #1004264 15th Aug 2023 5:30pm
holtenc

United States 
Hairy Dan wrote:

Hi, welcome to the forum, the radar sensor for ACC is actually behind the Land Rover oval badge on the front grill, it is my understanding that all Defenders have the ability to have ACC enabled as they all have automated emergency braking, which uses the same sensors. There isn't any extra equipment that needs retrofitting for it to work, it's all done in software. I haven't heard of anybody who hasn't been able to have it activated yet. Thumbs Up

Thank you for clarifying. Cheers!
Post #1004291 15th Aug 2023 8:58pm
ODPA

United States 
Anyone know of a good resource to decode the CCF abbreviations? I have many of them sorted out but some I don’t. Specially does anyone know what ATCIPC is? Would love to find a good way to decipher them.
Post #1004306 16th Aug 2023 12:36am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 41 of 103 <123 ... 404142 ... 101102103>