↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > GAP Diagnostic IIDTool Announcement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 101 of 103 <123 ... 100 101102103>
Print this entire topic · 
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
BadgerWaz wrote:
Is music also played through that speaker?

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure it is only used in conjunction with the sos/call centre Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #1043598 22nd Aug 2024 11:11pm
BadgerWaz

United Kingdom 
That would explain why mine produces no sound ta.
Not sure what magic the other bloke has cast to get his linked to the stereo.
Post #1043610 23rd Aug 2024 7:17am
Flo1610

Germany 
[quote="Hairy Dan"]
BadgerWaz wrote:
Spielt Musik auch über diesen Lautsprecher?[ /Zitat] Ich glaube nicht, ich bin mir ziemlich sicher, dass es nur in Verbindung mit dem Sos/Callcenter verwendet wird

The center speaker is active on the Meridian Sourrond! So it seems to be a matter of preference
Post #1043625 23rd Aug 2024 10:40am
BadgerWaz

United Kingdom 
Any idea how to turn this on for listening to music then Flo?
Post #1043953 26th Aug 2024 11:09pm
Flo1610

Germany 
That's exactly where the problem lies! So far I haven't been able to figure out what needs to be activated if Meridian Sourround wants to upgrade. It might be possible to deduce what needs to be activated without actually upgrading the surround system. But it could also be that the other amplifier is absolutely necessary?
Post #1044062 27th Aug 2024 10:45pm
graemesmith1960

Scotland 
Just got a G4 and successfully activated ATPC, TR2 and Advanced Tow Assist. All working as expected. I'm still having a bit of an issue with Auto Terrain though. I can select it through the Touchscreen and the Rotary knob but it won't activate with the long push of the button, that just brings up the Terrain options when I release the button. Also it always defaults to Comfort when I re-start the car after more than a few minutes. I thought it should default to Auto?

I've got:TR Auto

• MultiCAN-754 Auto TR Prog Mode
Not fitted - Changed to Fitted

• EUCD-129 Terrain Response Fitment
With Terrain Response - Changed to Auto Terrain Response/JDO, Dynamic

Is there anything else I'm missing? Defender D300 HSE 110 MY22 Pangea Green
Post #1044142 28th Aug 2024 5:12pm
DefenderMidlands

United Kingdom 
Configurable Terrain Response
MultiCAN-736 Config TR Fitment - Not Configured > change to Off Road Configuration
MultiCAN-755 Config TR Mode - Not available for selection > Change to Available for selection with timeout

I was able to successfully select with the rotary after I changed the following:
MultiCAN-797 Ter CT Select In FCPB
- Changed to > "Rotary used for selection within touch MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar
Post #1044169 28th Aug 2024 8:04pm
graemesmith1960

Scotland 
Yes, TR2 works fine but I just can't get the AUTO to work as advertised. It defaults to Comfort every time and I can't select it with a long push of the button beside the Rotary Control. I know AUTO is working as the suspension automatically goes to Off Road Height if I select Low Range in AUTO. Defender D300 HSE 110 MY22 Pangea Green
Post #1044180 28th Aug 2024 9:43pm
pjeski

United States 
It took a couple days for the auto selection to work right on mine. Let it be and see if it straightens out.
Post #1044183 28th Aug 2024 10:01pm
graemesmith1960

Scotland 
Thanks for reminding me. I do now remember reading that a while ago but with 101 pages on this thread it's not easy finding information! Defender D300 HSE 110 MY22 Pangea Green
Post #1044201 29th Aug 2024 8:47am
Kaz

United States 
Don't have my GAP tool with me and I know it has re-calibration functions, but can it re-calibrate driving aids after a windshield replacement?

Also, to those of you who have turned off your seat belt reminder, did your ACC stop working? The support guy at GAP said it's a "safety function" that LR has, where the ACC won't work after disabling the seat belt minder. I know there are guys from IID here, and I don't want to call BS on that claim, but to me, that just sounded like an easy way out for the gentleman from IID.
More-so, since he only "realized" that after I figured out the ACC would work with the seat belt minder disabled, as long as the seat belt or (in my case, one of those seat belt buckle tongues), was plugged into the seat belt buckle.
Post #1044230 29th Aug 2024 1:29pm
pjeski

United States 
I disabled my belt minders. ACC works fine.
Post #1044233 29th Aug 2024 1:53pm
inith5

Germany 
Kaz wrote:
Don't have my GAP tool with me and I know it has re-calibration functions, but can it re-calibrate driving aids after a windshield replacement?

Also, to those of you who have turned off your seat belt reminder, did your ACC stop working? The support guy at GAP said it's a "safety function" that LR has, where the ACC won't work after disabling the seat belt minder. I know there are guys from IID here, and I don't want to call BS on that claim, but to me, that just sounded like an easy way out for the gentleman from IID.
More-so, since he only "realized" that after I figured out the ACC would work with the seat belt minder disabled, as long as the seat belt or (in my case, one of those seat belt buckle tongues), was plugged into the seat belt buckle.

I have not set my front belt reminder to off but to minimum warning. If I turn on the ignition without my seat belt fastened, a warning tone sounds for a short time and that's it. Maybe that will work for you. 23.5MY Defender 110 D250 HSE
Post #1044237 29th Aug 2024 2:32pm
Kaz

United States 
Unless I'm missing something, looks like the GAP tool cannot recalibrate driver assist functions after a windshield change.

pjeski wrote:
I disabled my belt minders. ACC works fine.

Thank you for confirming. Figured that shouldn't disable the ACC but didn't want to jump the gun and call the guy out on his BS.
Even restoring back to OEM, ACC still didn't work, even after several resets and the car sitting for almost 48 hours. The last time I did a CCF restore, tech support said they didn't see the restoration on their end and to do it again... even though everything else I changed had defaulted to factory.

@inith5, I can appreciate the way you have it set, but that just wouldn't work for me. Interestingly enough, the seatbelt minder can be very easily disabled by just disconnecting (or in some cases, grounding) the wire that goes into the seatbelt buckle. I didn't want to do that though, and ironically the seatbelt minder is the primary reason I purchased the GAP tool... Only to be the function that caused headaches.

Either way, thanks for the replies and experiences.
Post #1044244 29th Aug 2024 3:41pm
BadgerWaz

United Kingdom 
Something strange happened to my ACC
I changed the coding options a while back to activate the ACC and it worked perfectly, for I'd guess a month or so. It recently just stopped activating for some reason.
I have the seatbelt reminder turned off and had set this the same time I activated the acc (I loaded all of my changes in the first sitting).

Has it been confirmed that the seatbelt reminder deactivates the acc? If so it must be on an overall timer/number of activations??

I have reloaded the ccf same as before to see if that activates it and previously reset the pivi, but it's still not working.

Do the auto-updates from LR affect any settings in the car? It has done one this week and last, and that seems to coincide with the lack of acc?

And...does anyone know how to turn the auto updates off?
Post #1044524 1st Sep 2024 10:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 101 of 103 <123 ... 100 101102103>