↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > What Did You Do In Your Defender Today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 854 of 1376 <123 ... 853854855 ... 137413751376>
Print this entire topic · 
RoddyK05

Scotland 2004 Defender 90 Td5 SW Yellow
Fitted a new rear work lamp. It's the S17 from Labcraft supplied by MUD. Wired it through an old Carling rocker switch that I never used which was supplied with a genuine parts rear work lamp that I bought many moons ago for my ser111. I've not got round to fitting an 'on' warning lamp but the switch has a very bright red part that is visible when the switch is in the on position. A nice bright light with 2 years guarantee so hopefully it will do a turn.

Click image to enlarge
Post #462339 11th Oct 2015 7:10pm
excossack

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 110 Td5 SW Caledonian Blue
Did a tip run.
Re-did the winch wire on the 110, it had gone on untidy and bunched to one side. With the help of a L200 as a handy weight I winched that in and got the cable nice and tidy on the drum.
Replaced the drawer runners with the same mounting kit used for rack mounted UPS's which look like this > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332578-001-HP-Co...5b03c9f7e4 The ball bearing rails gave up, too much weight. 1999 Defender TD5 110

Regards
John M0VAZ
Econet Station 48 no clock
Post #462363 11th Oct 2015 8:23pm
YOLO110

Australia 
Stiff1 wrote:
I often get very poor reception from the stock radio antenna but really think that a little extreme!

I think that's ok as it is retractable. YOLO... You Only Live Once...
Post #462388 11th Oct 2015 9:26pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
RoddyK05 wrote:
Fitted a new rear work lamp. It's the S17 from Labcraft supplied by MUD. Wired it through an old Carling rocker switch that I never used which was supplied with a genuine parts rear work lamp that I bought many moons ago for my ser111. I've not got round to fitting an 'on' warning lamp but the switch has a very bright red part that is visible when the switch is in the on position. A nice bright light with 2 years guarantee so hopefully it will do a turn.

Click image to enlarge

Very neat switch instal,......looks like it's always been there.
Top job, Pickles.
Post #462394 11th Oct 2015 9:50pm
shaggydog

United Kingdom 1991 Defender 110 200 Tdi USW Arles Blue
Not today, but on Saturday my day consisted of Land Rover work from sun up to well past sun down.

Got up early and tootled over to a friends house who has a wonderful series 1 80" with a very distinct lean as the springs and shocks were original and well past best. So brand new genuine parts shocks and springs on the front and it was much happier! Then a trundle over to the local fish and chip shop for, well, fish and chips.

Back home and met by another friend and we made some more progress with the 200Tdi. The Webasto coolant plumbing wise is now more or less finished and the intake manifold and exhaust manifold and turbo arrangement all fitted. Then it came to fitting the exhaust. I don't know why it is such a struggle on my engine but even changing the bracket bolt from a standard bolt to a cap headed bolt it was still and absolute nightmare and refused to work or fit or just generally do as it was supposed to. The whole front exhaust potion is sort of hanging on but it is in no way road worthy. Its such a rubbish design it really is.

Anyway, that held me up for a while but eventual we managed to get to the stage where we can start putting intercooler and coolant pipes back where they are meant to be. We were making great progress until a jubilee clip broke and we realized it was 11:30pm and probably time to pack up.

Photos will be added to my threads once i get them off my phone Rolling Eyes Running Restoration Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/post323197.html#323197

Self confessed mileage hunter Very Happy
Post #462543 12th Oct 2015 12:54pm
alby

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Santorini Black
I drove it to Fort William from Lincolnshire so I could fulfill a long held ambition and travel along one of the worlds most scenic stretches of railway hauled by a steam loco- the Jacobite.

The defender performed brilliantly, she never skipped a beat and she got to binge drink diesel like an alcoholic Glaswegian

It was a long journey buts fun one with some beautiful scenery and quiet roads once I was in the highlands.
Post #462673 12th Oct 2015 7:59pm
SailingTom

United Kingdom 
New ECU arrived for mine, be rude not to get it tuned while its being reprogrammed so booked in Friday Thumbs Up
also can then fit the cruise control
Post #463013 13th Oct 2015 8:49pm
RoddyK05

Fitted my newly delivered Trucklites. Once I sussed out how to assemble the Econoseal plug for the sidelights it was plain sailing. Noted that my old bezel rings were actually in great condition, but as I had ordered new ones with the lights then I obviously fitted these. The old lamps were quite cloudy inside and the difference between the old yellow hue and the new brilliant white light is amazing. Had a drive round some of the back roads with a Phillips screw driver handy and stopped every now and then to adjust them, trying to get them right without blinding other road users. I went with the idea that if no one was flashing me, then they must be ok. Then someone flashed me, so half a turn back down and Bob is indeed your mothers brother. Will take a bit of getting used to the new beam pattern, there is very little beam scatter meaning the 'round corner' illumination is poor, but again the lights might need set up side to side. I'll pop by the local garage at some point and see if they will check them for me. They also stick out a lot further than the old ones, almost flush with the headlight surround as opposed to being almost recessed. Pic is of new sidelight arrangement, will leave it as is just now, but might end up disconnecting the LED ones as I'm still not sure if I like it or not.

Click image to enlarge
Post #463085 13th Oct 2015 11:28pm
YOLO110

Australia 
Interesting comments mate.

I had fitted JW Speaker Evo 2 to my 110. I loved the very 'white' light but was also quite disappointed in the lack of 'fill in' light on both normal and high beam. The light seemed very focused... rather like a torch. I guess this is not surprising as the individual LED reflectors and lens areas are quite small.

I am going down the Wipac Crystal with Osram and new loom route soon... Whistle YOLO... You Only Live Once...
Post #463090 13th Oct 2015 11:43pm
Enid_Puceflange

Scotland 2002 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Baltic Blue
Fitted a rhino rack and a work light (still to get wired up Embarassed )

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

G

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  My confidence has been writing cheques that my abilities can't cash for years.
Post #463091 13th Oct 2015 11:44pm
RoddyK05

YOLO110 wrote:
Interesting comments mate.

I had fitted JW Speaker Evo 2 to my 110. I loved the very 'white' light but was also quite disappointed in the lack of 'fill in' light on both normal and high beam. The light seemed very focused... rather like a torch. I guess this is not surprising as the individual LED reflectors and lens areas are quite small.

I am going down the Wipac Crystal with Osram and new loom route soon... Whistle

YOLO, it will be very interesting to hear how this turns out. Please post your findings once it's done as I doubt many have done the reverse change from LED back to filament lamps. Having experience of both set ups will be good to hear.
My decision to go this route was based on a couple of factors. Firstly, obviously more and whiter light, simple 'plug n play' of the LED conversion without having to add a new loom and the fact it uses less power so is kinder to my battery and hopefully the light switches will last longer. Having said that, I wouldn't be averse to the idea if you think it throws a bit more light round the sides etc. Waiting with baited breath........
Post #463096 14th Oct 2015 12:24am
YOLO110

Australia 
Will do... Thumbs Up

Thought this will be done in January now as I will bring back the required bits from the UK to OZ in my suitcase following my Christmas visit back home... and to take delivery of my Heritage! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy YOLO... You Only Live Once...
Post #463098 14th Oct 2015 12:48am
Swac3

Was a bit shocked !

Replaced the Fuel filter housing and filter then took her for a blast. I don't think its ever run this well in the 5 years I've had it. Always felt a little choked at the upper revs.

Bought it from the stealers for 130 quid, housing all the pipe fittings nrv + air valve and a genuine filter with sensor, so happy with that. 3 Landrovers
Post #464100 17th Oct 2015 6:00pm
v8steve

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Rimini Red
hitched the trailer on and brought my new series 3 galv chassis home, ( 250 miles Very Happy ). series 3 re build starting very soon Cool 110 xs s/wagon
s3 swb soft top
Post #464120 17th Oct 2015 7:32pm
Qanfud

Malta 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Indus Silver
Today I updated my Alpine satnav splash screen
Post #464121 17th Oct 2015 7:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 854 of 1376 <123 ... 853854855 ... 137413751376>