↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > My 2015 Defender 90 XS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456
Print this entire topic · 
timshortland

United Kingdom 
I have my 90xs in corris grey due to turn up in about 3 weeks. I did a deal with the dealer to add oem sawtooth alloys for a great price (leaving me some new boosts to sell), but in addition to the wheels included in the deal I am able to have the front grill and light surrounds painted black. I know twisted often go for corris grey on the grill and light surrounds and I could go for that, but wondered if anybody had seen that look or have an opinion? Cheers Tim
Post #457710 24th Sep 2015 11:49am
m33ufo

Wales 
I would say go with the black grille and headlight surrounds. Mine will be painted Santorini when I get it unless I go with the Zunsport option.
Post #457726 24th Sep 2015 12:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
timshortland

United Kingdom 
Interesting I was only looking at the zunsport option this morning as I think that is what twisted use, and I really like that look. What colour would you go for ? I think they (zunsport) charge around £350 for the 5 piece kit?
Post #457744 24th Sep 2015 1:48pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
I love the Zunsport grilles and have them on both my 90's (we also sell them ! http://www.fcx.co.uk/#!bentley-style-grilles/c1pwa )

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

But be aware that you will have the three holes either side of the grille to fill - on the red 90 we put the black plastic firtree fixings back in, on the grey car we filled and painted the holes

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #457746 24th Sep 2015 2:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
timshortland

United Kingdom 
Just spoken to zunsport - they supply twisted - albeit a slightly different version of the mesh to enable the twisted one to remain exclusive. Trying to understand where to source the nose cone part from. The chap I spoke to was open to offering a deal if a few people wanted them.
Post #457748 24th Sep 2015 2:16pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
We organised a Group Buy for Zunsport but had little interest http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic39221.html

Sorry to hijack your thread AM94 Bow down
Post #457749 24th Sep 2015 2:19pm
timshortland

United Kingdom 
Ah just missed this. Thanks - does the nose cone surround need to be sourced seperately or it is on the left over once you remove the oem grill?
Post #457750 24th Sep 2015 2:20pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
It's what is left once you remove the grille - assuming you have factory aircon of course
Post #457751 24th Sep 2015 2:21pm
Mr Fox

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
Go Beyond wrote:

Sorry to hijack your thread AM94 Bow down

As long as it is for the greater good of all Defender-kind, I'm happy to accommodate! Wink

For reference, my grills were supplied with the car, via the parts department, and are LR Black Pack items. As I've said earlier in this thread, when a similar question was posed, the LR dealer quoted a similar price to paint the existing headlight surrounds and grill, so (using man logic), I bought a black set via parts and had them fitted by the dealer prior to delivery. I now have the new OEM grey grills in boxes and can fit them if I sell the car or decide I want to change the look.
Post #457755 24th Sep 2015 2:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456