↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Puma 2.4TDCi - Black Smoke - Diagnostics?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 7 <1234567
Print this entire topic · 
SupraAyf

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Orkney Grey
I've been away, chaps, so not much to report. That being said I have fitted my new CB radio (Xmas pressie), fire extinguishers and lights today so it's just a matter of changing over the FMIC and I can take it off to be tuned. The filter is fitted and makes a nice swish noise under light acceleration.

All the best,

Andrew - Andrew -
Post #383139 29th Dec 2014 8:22pm
fatman

Greece 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Keswick Green
bga86 wrote:
munch90 wrote:
you cant see the injector base as its inside the cam cover , also tdci injector are in oil so any cr@p would get washed away , never seen a injector washer gone on a tdci transit or defender (also Mondeo ,jag, fiat never seen one go ) and seen them fitted back with secondhand washers and still seem ok !

Strange that as I have done 3 sets in the last 2 months on defenders, easiest way to tell if they're leaking is pull the oil cap off or the breather pipe out of the intake tube when engine is running. The last one was chuffing away like a steam train when the cap was removed. The job itself is pretty easy but the cleaning of the injector tubes/seats in the head is a pain to do properly. Was chatting to a technical guy at autologic earlier on in the year and he said they've had numerous reports of injector washer failures on the 2.4 defender

bga86 RULES Bow down Bow down

I finally got to do the injector washers,i had much blow by gases(visible) and a quite oily intake - thats how they came out ..

Click image to enlarge

I let it warm up and no more smoke when removing oil filler cup,will see when i drive it a little after work.
Thanks again bga86!
Post #414189 6th Apr 2015 3:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 7 <1234567