↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Urban Truck finally arrives!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Print this entire topic · 
JustStarting

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Barolo Black
Urban Truck finally arrives!
Yesterday actually but i have been out having fun

So having been snowed under at work i had to wait for the weekend for the trek up to Milton Keynes to meet Simon and collect the Truck from the Showroom / Workshop

Ironically having been fortunate enough to have purchased some lovely cars in my time the Defender is probably one of the cheapest yet the one that has excited me the most.

I finally got to meet Simon who had until now been a name on text and email and a cheery voice on the phone

So into the offices we went and immediately i spotted the Truck sat there in the workshop ready to go.

First impressions were WOW amazing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Grinning like a cheshire cat!!

Surrounded by the other trucks in the workshop it looked amazing! nice back drop!

The colour is amazing, i have top say once its out in the sun the Red jumps out of the paint

Click image to enlarge

Simon gave me the grand tour around it and showed me all the little details that until now had been images and choices from the internet

The options i had chosen in addition to the Urban Expedition Spec included Overfinch Alloys, Stainless Steel Bolt Set, Sound Deadening, Full Underbody Protection, Alpine Stage 3 Audio Upgrade, Recaro Heated Seats, Raised padded Cubby with Re-trimmed top Section to match the Recaro’s, Tow Bar, Reverse Camera, front and rear work lights.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Paperwork sorted, Handover completed, Phone connected and mirrors adjusted that was it, i was ready for the off

Having not driven a new Defender it was a learning experience, the brakes worked, the gears were tight and crisp, there was no wobble in the steering wheel! i could hear my self think Laughing

Compared to my 98 110 this was heaven!

The drive home was great, the upgraded audio was definitely very worthwhile. An hour or so into the journey i finally managed to find the optimum setting for the SubWoofer and Crossover point for the Frequencies

Click image to enlarge

So am i happy?

Hell yes, but then its not even been with me 24 hrs yet !

I know that there are many who feel that there is no place for Blinged up / Modified Defenders and that unless you are going to go off road and under water then why have a snorkel etc

Well its what i wanted and i have chosen the colour / spec and parts that i feel makes the Truck look great

Was it worth it??

In my opinion and of course this is only my opinion i have to say i really struggle to see how companies like Khan and Twisted can justify anywhere near what they charge for their modified Defenders.

The reality was for me that ultimately all of the parts come from the same suppliers and that the only truly Bespoke elements are the Interior Trimming.

Having decided i wanted to buy a New 110 to keep as a long term car, i started planning a project.

I spent a good 6 or 7 months deciding exactly what spec and options i wanted, and where i would source them from

Initially i had it all planned that i would buy a new 110 from a dealer and would then do the work and add the spec i wanted. In the end i started talking to Simon at Urban who made the whole process painless and even though he may not like to say it, he gave me what i consider to be a great deal. This added to the fact that he had availability of a new MY15 spec Truck that he could call off from the dealer ready to go.

All of the work on the Truck has been done professionally, no corners cut and the fitting of the items has been done carefully and the build quality is top spec.

Considering the whole interior of the truck has been stripped back to be sound deadened and half the dash removed there was not one ill fitted panel, no clips or trims misaligned, and no rattles or squeaks!

I am now looking forward to getting a top notch valet and some paint protection applied i will then get some nice exterior shots uploaded.

Hope you like it Very Happy

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

For now a very happy chappy Very Happy MY2015 110 Urban Truck Expedition Spec
2005 Td5 TwinCab
1998 110 CSW 300tdi
Post #362453 5th Oct 2014 9:45pm
grizz

2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Corris Grey
very nice Thumbs Up
Post #362458 5th Oct 2014 9:49pm
CLCraig

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Stornoway Grey
Congratulations that is a beautiful truck indeed.
Post #362459 5th Oct 2014 9:51pm
captain slow

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 CSW Corris Grey
truly stunning Thumbs Up enjoy! 2.2 Tdci 110 XS CSW Corris Grey
Prince Harry's D3 (gone but not forgotten)
300 Tdi 110 CSW (gone but not forgotten)
Post #362462 5th Oct 2014 9:53pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
acuss01

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Thanks for sharing, enjoyed following this story. Looks great!

Can I ask whats the reason for the Stainless Steel Bolt Set? Also are these standard sized wheels or has it is been lowered?

Are you happy with the roof rack? Cheers!
Post #362465 5th Oct 2014 10:11pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
Re: Urban Truck finally arrives!
First off, Happy New Truck.....
It looks nice, glad you're happy with it. I'm chuffed for anyone who loves what they drive.

JustStarting wrote:

In my opinion and of course this is only my opinion i have to say i really struggle to see how companies like Khan and Twisted can justify anywhere near what they charge for their modified.....

That above statement is what will make UT a huge success, good for them. The more I see of them, the more I warm to them.
Post #362466 5th Oct 2014 10:15pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
Very nice indeed. Apparently a very professional company, who know what they're doing.
You have some great improvements there which will make not only a most unique vehicle, but a more enjoyable one.
I'm really good at spending other people's money, so all I would say is that if those are 18" wheels, then there is room underneath them for a nice set of 6 spot APs?
Very nice, Pickles.
Post #362471 5th Oct 2014 10:22pm
JustStarting

acuss01 wrote:
Thanks for sharing, enjoyed following this story. Looks great!

Can I ask whats the reason for the Stainless Steel Bolt Set? Also are these standard sized wheels or has it is been lowered?

Are you happy with the roof rack? Cheers!

All the Defenders i have seen my old 98 included suffer front rusty bolts on the door hinges, each time you wash the Truck the rust streaks run down from the hinges!

Some people treat them and lacquer them but i thought the stainless steel seemed the safer option and i am planning on keep this for a long time so trying to get it as protected from day one as possible

The wheels are 265/65/18's which are an upgrade from the standard 16" wheels

Haven't done anything to the suspension...... yet Laughing Laughing

No to be honest i don't hunk it needs it, i am going to try and have a drive in a lowered one to see how much difference it really makes MY2015 110 Urban Truck Expedition Spec
2005 Td5 TwinCab
1998 110 CSW 300tdi
Post #362476 5th Oct 2014 10:26pm
JustStarting

Re: Urban Truck finally arrives!
GREENI wrote:
First off, Happy New Truck.....
It looks nice, glad you're happy with it. I'm chuffed for anyone who loves what they drive.

JustStarting wrote:

In my opinion and of course this is only my opinion i have to say i really struggle to see how companies like Khan and Twisted can justify anywhere near what they charge for their modified.....

That above statement is what will make UT a huge success, good for them. The more I see of them, the more I warm to them.

Thanks Greeni appreciate the comments

I think its very true, i am not surprised that Simon and Lee at Urban Truck sold 34 Trucks in September, i think they have got the right mix, they know what people want, they understand subtle and they are doing it for a very fair price rather that trying to charge premium prices for goods that the public can buy themselves

On top of all that their Customer Service puts main dealers to shame MY2015 110 Urban Truck Expedition Spec
2005 Td5 TwinCab
1998 110 CSW 300tdi
Post #362479 5th Oct 2014 10:30pm
JustStarting

Pickles wrote:
Very nice indeed. Apparently a very professional company, who know what they're doing.
You have some great improvements there which will make not only a most unique vehicle, but a more enjoyable one.
I'm really good at spending other people's money, so all I would say is that if those are 18" wheels, then there is room underneath them for a nice set of 6 spot APs?
Very nice, Pickles.

Smile Smile Pickles i am trying to be strong and resist Smile Smile

6 Pots you say no i am not even considering those Whistle Whistle Whistle MY2015 110 Urban Truck Expedition Spec
2005 Td5 TwinCab
1998 110 CSW 300tdi
Post #362480 5th Oct 2014 10:32pm
CLCraig

Could I trouble you for a picture of the chequer plate on the wing tops please? As its a upgrade I've been considering with the black on black
Post #362482 5th Oct 2014 10:42pm
jomara

Scotland 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Lovely motor, wish you very happiness with it Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 2014 110 2.2TDCi XS Station wagon
1971 Bowler Tomcat 88 4.2 V8 Auto
2022 110 D250 XS Edition - Gone
2024 110 D250 X-Dynamic HSE
Post #362483 5th Oct 2014 10:45pm
JustStarting

No problem at all

Will sort out tomorrow and post them up MY2015 110 Urban Truck Expedition Spec
2005 Td5 TwinCab
1998 110 CSW 300tdi
Post #362486 5th Oct 2014 10:50pm
CLCraig

Thank you very much again a wonderful example
Post #362488 5th Oct 2014 11:07pm
Venomator

United Kingdom 
A cracking looking truck indeed... Thumbs Up

Is that Santorini? Works really well with the black alloys... Mr. Green

But, isn't it about time you updated your profile and siggy... Whistle
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

MY2016 Urban Truck Build Thread - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40548....al[/color]
Post #362493 5th Oct 2014 11:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>