↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Oil Level Sensor
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Oil Level Sensor
When replacing my clutch etc last week I noticed a connection on the right hand side of the engine (near the dipstick tube entry point) with nothing plugged onto it. Having looked through Microcat, I now find that this is an oil level sensor screwed into the side of the block (or more likely the ladder frame thingy).

Can anyone tell me if on a 2007 Puma there should be anything connected to it? Is it perhaps a left-over from the Transit installation? There don't seem to be any dangling harnesses or connectors anywhere nearby, so I have to guess that there was never anything connected.

Any advice welcomed, thanks!
Post #336879 9th Jun 2014 1:27pm
Mongolia

France 
Nothing connected. oOnly on Transit
Post #348990 2nd Aug 2014 1:42pm
munch90

England 
Re: Oil Level Sensor
blackwolf wrote:
When replacing my clutch etc last week I noticed a connection on the right hand side of the engine (near the dipstick tube entry point) with nothing plugged onto it. Having looked through Microcat, I now find that this is an oil level sensor screwed into the side of the block (or more likely the ladder frame thingy).

Can anyone tell me if on a 2007 Puma there should be anything connected to it? Is it perhaps a left-over from the Transit installation? There don't seem to be any dangling harnesses or connectors anywhere nearby, so I have to guess that there was never anything connected.

Any advice welcomed, thanks!

on mine there is a plug on the loom up higher looks like its for this , but its always been doubled over and taped up from new

if its oil level you may find its not connected or used as the puma engine leans back more in defender compared to when fitted in the transit giving a wrong reading
Post #348993 2nd Aug 2014 1:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1