↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Technical > some questions about 2013 puma
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
elyassi

United Arab Emirates 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Santorini Black
some questions about 2013 puma
I've noticed some weird things in my Defender and i think that i should ask you guys before i report to the dealer.

when i start turning indicator the trailer light flash once, and when i Hazard flashers it continue flashing.

also while looking underneath the car, ive noticed that there is nothing between the cross member and the gear box, is this normal ?

Regards,
Post #249792 7th Jul 2013 8:14pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Both correct, nothing to worry about Thumbs Up
Post #249799 7th Jul 2013 8:27pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JWL

England 2002 Defender 110 Td5 SW Coniston Green
I don't wish to be pedantic or rude but as a recent member you will find that a quick search will answer most questions. The indicator is doing a self test checking for a trailer and as not attached will compensate. The gearbox anomoly is just a quirk of Land Rovers and yours is fine.
Spend a little time punching in questions into the search engine on the forum and you will be a wiser person without getting sarcastic comments from the less tolerant members, of which are few and far between on here which is like a breath of fresh air to some other forums which could be mentioned.
One thing for sure is that you ask a serious question on here then you will get a serious answer. Happy Defendering!
Post #249801 7th Jul 2013 8:30pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
JWL wrote:
I don't wish to be pedantic or rude but as a recent member you will find that a quick search will answer most questions. The indicator is doing a self test checking for a trailer and as not attached will compensate. The gearbox anomoly is just a quirk of Land Rovers and yours is fine.
Spend a little time punching in questions into the search engine on the forum and you will be a wiser person without getting sarcastic comments from the less tolerant members, of which are few and far between on here which is like a breath of fresh air to some other forums which could be mentioned.
One thing for sure is that you ask a serious question on here then you will get a serious answer. Happy Defendering!

Hello from Australia.
Sorry, but I have to disagree with you there.
We don't even have our "90" yet, so we probably know very little, even less than the O.P.
Of course, the search function is there, but if one's relatively new to the brand/subject, it is sometimes difficult to find precisely what one wants via this function (with any forum).....that is what I have found anyway, particularly when I am "new" to something!.
I do use the search function, but invariably get a better & more specific answer, as you have just given, by asking a simple question.
However, I can assure you, that giving a direct & specific answer to a query, especially to someone like me, who knows very little, is always appreciated.
I think this Forum is just the best, particularly living in Aus, where for sure there are Defenders, but local info is microscopic, compared to what is available on this Forum.
It's no big deal, but as a person who is a "Learner" & who has to ask a few questions, I can see where he's coming from. Just another way of looking at things.
Cheers, Pickles.

Last edited by Pickles on 7th Jul 2013 11:37pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #249873 7th Jul 2013 11:32pm
BigWheels

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
If still under warranty, LR dealer workshop staff (even some sales staff) can answer why/how questions! Whistle

Forum searches generally can increase exasperation/frustration/blood pressure if you are stressed already, people on this forum should not be as described above though. Land Rover Defenders. 67 years heritage, minimal appearance changes, still going strong all over the world. Not a fashion vehicle, but fashionable to own. Made for the needy, not the greedy. Ta ta Defender
Post #249874 7th Jul 2013 11:36pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
A brief and simple search for 'missing gearbox mount' or 'missing mount' brings up the following which ought to be enough to allay any fears...

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic2524.h...rbox+mount
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic6501.h...rbox+mount
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic14134....rbox+mount
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic19039....rbox+mount
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic18422....sing+mount Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #249906 8th Jul 2013 9:43am
mikeh501

United Kingdom 
ask all the questions you want. its the purpose of the forum. if anyone doesnt like it, dont post in reply!

last thing this forum needs is people afraid to ask questions, even simple ones! Now im off to create a new tyre thread! lol Laughing
Post #249910 8th Jul 2013 9:53am
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
^^^^^^^ Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

BFG's, no Coopers, maybe BFG's ..... Rolling with laughter
Post #249913 8th Jul 2013 9:59am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JWL

I know that what I have posted may seema little harsh but usually those that buy a vehicle such as a Defender are usually resigned to being in a position of sorting out any problems themselves. You only really buy one because you want one and all the little foibles that come with them. You can learn quite a bit by just having a trawl through some old posts when you have five minutes, there's been things I've picked up pointing out things that were new to me.
This is coming from a man who spent 3 weeks fretting on a light on the dashboard of my 1988 Classic Range Rover, this was my second Classic, the first being an early 3 door and now this one had a different instrument binnacle with an orange light towards the bottom of the display with a tank symbol in it. This light had come on and I couldn't figure out what it was, the radiator was fine, brake/clutch/power steering everything was fine. I finally plucked up courage and asked the garage I bought it from as I had no owners manual and t'internet wasn't around. It was the windscreen washer level warning light! Never had one before or since.
Seriously though if you have concerns don't hesitate to ask anything, with the wealth of experience on here you can bet your bottom dollar somebody has allready had it happen to them and got it sorted.
Post #249915 8th Jul 2013 10:05am
CR

Ireland 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Santorini Black
JWL you are being pedantic and rude if you don't like a question just ignore it or are you the forum police
Post #249920 8th Jul 2013 10:46am
JWL

I am sorry if I have offended, I don't wish to be a forum policeman. All that I was trying to say was that a simple search can bring up many answers and in my original reply I did save the OP the hassle by answering his question anyway.
I think enough of the character assassination on all sides.
Post #249921 8th Jul 2013 10:52am
zahy

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Barolo Black
JWL wrote:
I am sorry if I have offended, I don't wish to be a forum policeman. All that I was trying to say was that a simple search can bring up many answers and in my original reply I did save the OP the hassle by answering his question anyway.
I think enough of the character assassination on all sides.

there is no harm in asking even if the same question have been asked before, myself am not defender expert or had one before, and in all hoesty i had the same question in mind and was planning to post same question Mr. Green and am glad the someone did before me.

JWL comments can discourage novice people (like myself) from posting questions or problems they have with their defenders and the last thing i want is to give some other members an oprtunity to rant or mock me for any reason and followed by a disclaimer of rudeness Thumbs Up this forum should stay as a communication tool between members and potential business for sponsors
Post #249925 8th Jul 2013 11:11am
tookaphotoof

Netherlands 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
Wouldn't this be a dead boring forum if everyone used the search option? Mr. Green Wink
Post #249926 8th Jul 2013 11:14am
zahy

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Barolo Black
tookaphotoof wrote:
Wouldn't this be a dead boring forum if everyone used the search option? Mr. Green Wink
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
Post #249927 8th Jul 2013 11:15am
TJ101

Isle Of Man 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
tookaphotoof wrote:

What he said !!! Thumbs Up California F1, 75th 110 "Kermit", 50th Ann V8, 90 V8 Hybrid, 55 Series 1

Main Brian James Trailer Dealer for South West UK
Post #249928 8th Jul 2013 11:17am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>