↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Technical > Removing transfer lever on Puma
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Thanks,

The SVX one is definately different. The lower portion (below the knob) can indeed be pulled down the shaft. It does not have the plastic sheathing and you can see a partial threaded portion at the base of the knob itself.
I suspect the SVX knob is threaded and secured in place with some form of thread lock.
Understandably I have no desire to use any tooling to try to undo it as I do not wish to risk damage to the gear knob, or the transfer lever mechanism itself.
I have no other option but a 'swap out.'

Thankfully Dgardel has come to the rescue. (Again.... Bow down ) He has e-mailed me a comprehensive step by step guide on how to remove/replace the transfer lever.

Thanks for getting back Matt..... Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #168360 14th Sep 2012 1:09pm
dgardel

Italy 
K9F wrote:
Thanks,

Thankfully Dgardel has come to the rescue. (Again.... Bow down ) He has e-mailed me a comprehensive step by step guide on how to remove/replace the transfer lever.

Thumbs Up Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #168369 14th Sep 2012 2:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jefferi_k

Malaysia 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Aintree Green
Hi there,

I just bought BRIT PART DA5051 Aluminium gear knob and transfer knob for my 2010 puma. The gear lever installation is fine, My problem is when i pull out the standard transfer knob i notice it has a groove plastic lining. The new aluminium transfer lever doesnt. In the packaging they included GRIP GLUE. But the gap between the inner aluminium wall and lever stick is big. I would need a lot of GRIP GLUE. HELP on installing the Aluminium transfer lever properly.
Post #558470 24th Aug 2016 2:04am
agentmulder

Kuwait 
That's Britpart for you...

Put in some DIY shim material? Solved the bowel problem, working on the consonants...
Post #558471 24th Aug 2016 2:26am
DEF_Jam

Italy 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
K9F wrote:
Thanks,

The SVX one is definately different. The lower portion (below the knob) can indeed be pulled down the shaft. It does not have the plastic sheathing and you can see a partial threaded portion at the base of the knob itself.
I suspect the SVX knob is threaded and secured in place with some form of thread lock.
Understandably I have no desire to use any tooling to try to undo it as I do not wish to risk damage to the gear knob, or the transfer lever mechanism itself.
I have no other option but a 'swap out.'

Thanks for getting back Matt..... Thumbs Up

I need to remove the transfer lever knob from my SVX. Could you please share the instructions?
Post #1042422 10th Aug 2024 5:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12