↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > 2007 Puma Central Locking and remote fob battery change
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ASBGuernsey

Guernsey 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
2007 Puma Central Locking and remote fob battery change
I had to change the CR1220 battery in my remote fob, and it seems like the central locking has been acting strangely ever since. Car is a Puma 2007 TdCi 2.4

Is there something I need to do to reset the Alarm / Central Locking Module post changing the remote fob battery ? There are hints of a process to resync these in various posts, but I cannot find how to do so.

THank you
Andrew
Post #1041045 26th Jul 2024 4:44pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
I am unfamiliar with a CR1220.battery but do know that my 2007 fobs use a CR2032. Could the wrong battery be the problem?
Post #1041054 26th Jul 2024 5:27pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
As Blackwolf mentioned, be sure to have the correct battery.

Also to sync, press lock or u lock multiple times rapidly with doors shut until indicators flash and red dash light flashes at a rapid rate, once the red dash light flash rate slows to the normal slow rate when locked you can use the fob like normal. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #1041061 26th Jul 2024 6:20pm
Ianh

United Kingdom 
The cr1220 is too small and will be rattling around in fob. As highlighted above fit the correct cr2032. Ideally a genuine Panasonic or Varta from a reputable source.
Post #1041078 26th Jul 2024 9:08pm
ASBGuernsey

Guernsey 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Mystery solved - I have 2 remote fobs. One uses the CR2032 and one uses the CR1220 - it appears to be an "Xpart" replacement board, and can only fit a CR1220. The CR1220 requirement in this second remote is the only battery that will fit in the holder, and the writing on the PC Board also advises to only use a CR1220. The one using a CR2032 appears to be original to the vehicle.

My main question was how to register the fob with the alarm and locking module, and Custom 90's answer helped me to do so. After some button clicking, it seems to work again. After changing the fob battery, the car was all over the place. Sometimes it would not start, other times it would.

Now I just need to sort out the aftermarket electric window lifts ! I have the replacement 5 pole switches from Paul Mc, and hopefully this will sort it out. I will also check all the fuses under the RH seat, to ensure those are all in good shape. The window issues started after I saw smoke coming out of the dashboard when the driver window switch was activating to open or close the windows.
Post #1041093 27th Jul 2024 8:26am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1