↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > APPLE Expert required
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
sako243

Wales 1994 Defender 110 300 Tdi CSW Alpine White
When you log in to the remote desktop the screen is not on your local machine. You are simply being presented a picture of the server's desktop. When you move the mouse etc., it's just saying move the mouse and the server sends a new picture with the mouse moved (conceptually).

On windows when I used it you had to have the RDP client (what you log in as) not full screen and then you could stretch the window to cover both screens treating it as one large desktop. Not quite as swish and I'm not sure whether they've updated it to support multiple monitors yet but conceptually it wasn't possible, you just pretended to have a very wide desktop as its all "virtual". Ed
82 Hotspur Sandringham 6x6
95 Defender 110 300Tdi
Post #1045540 11th Sep 2024 1:04pm
macfrank

Germany 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
This. In other terms, Walfy, the software that you use to remote login to the client‘s system is just an application like any of your other Mac applications. Any software can have one or many multiple floating windows which you can place anywhere. Or you can make a window „fullscreen“ - on a mac this has some properties that Windows don‘t - read about „Mission Control“ on macOS.

Anway, as said, to achieve what you want you‘ll need to check what‘s possible with the macOS application you use to login to the remote system. The remote system has nothing to do with it.

For example I use VMWare Horizon to login to a client‘s Window‘s PC (ugly.. Wink)
I can make VMware use a window (a macOS one) and move that to any screen I want.
I can select „fullscreen“ in VMWare‘s mac (!) menu bar to make that window fill one screen. Now, in that mode VMWare has another setting where you can choose how many and which of the Mac‘s screens it should use. So I could have eg the remote Windows on two screens and my Mac desktop on one.

THEN I may have to tell the remote Windows PC which screen is physically placed where. See above. Although I noticed with VMWare it seems to forward my Mac settings to the remote Windows.

it’s much simpler than it sounds Laughing
Post #1045585 11th Sep 2024 7:45pm
jonny

Open up Microsoft Remote Desktop.
Go to the saved session that you connect to.
Right click, edit (or click the pen icon).
Select Display.
Check the 'Use all monitors' option.

When you connect in full screen mode, it will use all the displays connected to the Mac.
Post #1045626 12th Sep 2024 12:24pm
AMBxx

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Take a look at Royal TS for your RDP connections. I use the Windows version but available for Apple too.
Free version is only limited by the number of connections you can save.
Much easier than fighting with a standalone RDP client and has all the multi-monitor stuff in the connection.
Post #1045696 13th Sep 2024 6:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12