↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > GAP Diagnostic IIDTool Announcement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 56 of 103 <123 ... 555657 ... 101102103>
Print this entire topic · 
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
I don't know whether this video is of any help but he does go through the different headlamps and settings, it's a long time since I watched it and didn't take that much notice as I already had the Matrix lamps

?si=cMehsH4V2MeA16FH Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #1009543 30th Sep 2023 7:23pm
Defender_Virginia

United States 
Thanks both Marco and Ian. I pulled the ECU information on the headlights and it returned control module part number L8B2-13E005-AB. When I pull this up it appears to me to be for US markets. Also all the searches I do to headlights with part number ending in FF seem to be returning parts in the US. I have to believe they are parts for US vehicles. I must be doing something wrong.
Post #1009546 30th Sep 2023 7:46pm
Adamalli

United States 
double post please delete

Last edited by Adamalli on 1st Oct 2023 5:27am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #1009569 1st Oct 2023 5:21am
Adamalli

United States 
Hey everyone... I broke down and had someone with pathfinder enable adaptive cruise today. And as were talking waiting for pathfinder to update everything, we started discussing the IIDTool and why it doesn't seem to work for adaptive cruise.

Apparently, even with pathfinder, CCF edits for adaptive cruise don't work the first time. And because of that if we stopped right then you would see the brake fault error we all get. For some reason the ECU that holds that info doesn't load the edits. That ECU holds all the info for the cruise radar, camera and braking that is related to those inputs, hence why we all get those errors. So what we had to do is go to the module that doesn't load the edits correctly the first time and tell the module to reload the central configuration file (CCF)(I think it pulls it from other modules on the car, not pathfinder). As soon as we did that the error cleared. No need to even let the car go to sleep.

I need to confirm which module it was, I think it was either the GWM (gateway module A) or the IDMA (Interactive Display Module A). The IDMA ECU module in the IIDTool has a relearn/load the central configuration option. I am pretty sure that has been discussed earlier in this thread.

Below are the items he changed for me via pathfinder. I had all these already accept adaptive cruise. I have bolded those needed for adaptive cruise. This is on a USA defender 110 2021 model.

I am curious if someone could make the adaptive cruise CCF edits below and then try the relearn/reload process and see if that clears the error. I can't really try it on mine since it is already working. Maybe someone has already tried that. Just thought I would through this out there incase it helps someone figure this out.

EUCD-129 Terrain Response Fitment Auto Terrain Response/JDO, Dynamic
EUCD-245 Dynamic-I Dynamic-i Content with Configurable Dynamic Mode Screen
MultiCAN-562 DynamicProgMode Available for selection with timeout
MultiCAN-566 MHLastUserMode Last user memory mode enabled
MultiCAN-579 TowAssist Tow Assist 2
MultiCAN-580 PTCruiseFitment ACC with Queue Assist fitted
MultiCAN-605 ConfigDynamicMode Fitted
MultiCAN-712 ACC Lead Car Dist Disp Fitted
MultiCAN-723 SMRF Global Close Enabled
MultiCAN-753 Adaptive Prog Mode Fitted
MultiCAN-777 Ter Dyn Select In FCPB Rotary used for selection within touch screen
MultiCAN-793 TA2 Input Control HVAC rotary
MultiCAN-795 TA2 Select In FCPB Rotary used for selection within touch screen
MultiCAN-809 ACC Stop Gap Setting Fitted
Post #1009570 1st Oct 2023 5:21am
mmbanf

Italy 
Defender_Virginia wrote:
Thanks both Marco and Ian. I pulled the ECU information on the headlights and it returned control module part number L8B2-13E005-AB. When I pull this up it appears to me to be for US markets. Also all the searches I do to headlights with part number ending in FF seem to be returning parts in the US. I have to believe they are parts for US vehicles. I must be doing something wrong.

HI,
in the same ecu screen where you saw the assembly number, is the chassis yours, or another?
are you sure they didn't install your old control modules on the new headlights?
this photo relating to the ecu of my original base headlights.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #1009581 1st Oct 2023 9:06am
mmbanf

Italy 
Adamalli wrote:
Hey everyone... I broke down and had someone with pathfinder enable adaptive cruise today. And as were talking waiting for pathfinder to update everything, we started discussing the IIDTool and why it doesn't seem to work for adaptive cruise.

Apparently, even with pathfinder, CCF edits for adaptive cruise don't work the first time. And because of that if we stopped right then you would see the brake fault error we all get. For some reason the ECU that holds that info doesn't load the edits. That ECU holds all the info for the cruise radar, camera and braking that is related to those inputs, hence why we all get those errors. So what we had to do is go to the module that doesn't load the edits correctly the first time and tell the module to reload the central configuration file (CCF)(I think it pulls it from other modules on the car, not pathfinder). As soon as we did that the error cleared. No need to even let the car go to sleep.

I need to confirm which module it was, I think it was either the GWM (gateway module A) or the IDMA (Interactive Display Module A). The IDMA ECU module in the IIDTool has a relearn/load the central configuration option. I am pretty sure that has been discussed earlier in this thread.

Below are the items he changed for me via pathfinder. I had all these already accept adaptive cruise. I have bolded those needed for adaptive cruise. This is on a USA defender 110 2021 model.

I am curious if someone could make the adaptive cruise CCF edits below and then try the relearn/reload process and see if that clears the error. I can't really try it on mine since it is already working. Maybe someone has already tried that. Just thought I would through this out there incase it helps someone figure this out.

EUCD-129 Terrain Response Fitment Auto Terrain Response/JDO, Dynamic
EUCD-245 Dynamic-I Dynamic-i Content with Configurable Dynamic Mode Screen
MultiCAN-562 DynamicProgMode Available for selection with timeout
MultiCAN-566 MHLastUserMode Last user memory mode enabled
MultiCAN-579 TowAssist Tow Assist 2
MultiCAN-580 PTCruiseFitment ACC with Queue Assist fitted
MultiCAN-605 ConfigDynamicMode Fitted
MultiCAN-712 ACC Lead Car Dist Disp Fitted
MultiCAN-723 SMRF Global Close Enabled
MultiCAN-753 Adaptive Prog Mode Fitted
MultiCAN-777 Ter Dyn Select In FCPB Rotary used for selection within touch screen
MultiCAN-793 TA2 Input Control HVAC rotary
MultiCAN-795 TA2 Select In FCPB Rotary used for selection within touch screen
MultiCAN-809 ACC Stop Gap Setting Fitted

hello and thanks for the clarification,
unfortunately we can't work with gap tools in hexadecimal on every module, but I'm sure the guys on the Gap team will solve it soon.
The latest firmware version includes learn, store, automatic configuration idma, sodr, sodl.

Marco
Post #1009582 1st Oct 2023 9:13am
Adamalli

United States 
Quote:
unfortunately we can't work with gap tools in hexadecimal on every module

I am not following what you mean by this comment. He didn't change anything via hexa decimal. He used a ccf editor that changed the bolded items. The thing that was different was that the gap tool didn't do the was the relearning/reloading of the ccf to the specific module that didn't take during the standard ccf download to the car.

So my thought is if we can get the gap tool to relearn/reload the ccf for that specific module than that might fix the issue of getting acc to work.
Post #1009624 1st Oct 2023 2:56pm
PeteSkeet

United States 
Paddle shifters?
Hey everyone, just checking in if there's any updates about enabling paddle shifters with the IIDtool. Shifters installed and ready to go, just need the software changes to get them to work.

I've also reached out to local repair shops that have Pathfinder but they don't seem to know how to do it. If somebody knows how to enable the paddle shifters on Pathfinder I would be eternally grateful for a quick walkthrough, as I have someone who is willing to help but just doesn't have the slightest clue how to enable them.

Thanks!
Post #1009627 1st Oct 2023 3:26pm
mmbanf

Italy 
Adamalli wrote:
Quote:
unfortunately we can't work with gap tools in hexadecimal on every module

I am not following what you mean by this comment. He didn't change anything via hexa decimal. He used a ccf editor that changed the bolded items. The thing that was different was that the gap tool didn't do the was the relearning/reloading of the ccf to the specific module that didn't take during the standard ccf download to the car.

So my thought is if we can get the gap tool to relearn/reload the ccf for that specific module than that might fix the issue of getting acc to work.

hi Adamalli, sorry, I certainly explained myself badly... the translator doesn't help, when you insert the changes you highlighted in bold on the ccf editor, it modifies 1 or more bits for you on the entire list of ecu, starting from ecu BCM . Your information is very useful but we should understand which ecu did not understand the new value, precisely this bit variation.

Marco

Click image to enlarge
Post #1009636 1st Oct 2023 4:20pm
Adamalli

United States 
I get what you are saying now. I did list two modules in my original post, I just can't remember which one was the problem child. I think it was the IDMA one.

I did just update the gap tool to the latest beta and noticed the IDMA ECU now has an option to relearn the CCF.

If someone wants to try I would suggest making the CCF changes I highlighted above. Load the CCF. Then when you get the emergency brake error, go into the service/test menu of the gap tool and select the IDMA module. Then select relearn the CCF. Maybe that will get it working for everyone.

Doesn't hurt to try.
Post #1009650 1st Oct 2023 6:32pm
Defender_Virginia

United States 
Hi Marco - thanks for the reply. The Headlight control modules pull two different VINs from the parts cars they must have come from. Neither one shows my car's VIN. One was a 2020 110SE and the other was a 2021 Defender X 90. My car is a 2023 recent purchase. One thing of interest in reviewing the HCMB screens is that it shows that they need some sort of update. Is there a way to update them? Could it have something to do with the fact that my car is a new 2023 and these headlights come from 2020 and 2021?

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Last edited by Defender_Virginia on 1st Oct 2023 8:47pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #1009655 1st Oct 2023 7:35pm
Defender_Virginia

United States 
L663 Headlight upgrade
I'm also wondering if I did something out of sequence when installing the donor lights. I removed my base lights, installed the donor Premium LED lights, then went into the GAP tool for the first time after install of the lights. Should I have maybe plugged in the GAP tool first, then installed the new lights then update the MultiCAN 679 HeadlightsVariant? Or maybe none of that matters...
Post #1009657 1st Oct 2023 7:51pm
mmbanf

Italy 
Hi Virginia, coding before or after makes no difference.
the problem is that the situation is too confusing....two premium headlights, two different control units coming from different cars, I wouldn't be surprised if those control units were not original to those headlights, but had been added later.
to make everything work you need premium headlights and premium headlight control units.
The only advice I can give you is to find two used premium US headlight control units, I'm sorry but I'm not able to help further.

Marco
Post #1009663 1st Oct 2023 8:42pm
atldef110

United States 
I found a new feature today

- Activate Park Assist

EUCD-059 Parking Assistance
Standard: Without Parking Assistance
Change to: PDC (Front, Rear) - Parking (Parallel, Exit)

EUCD-099 Park Assist Camera
Standard: Without Park Assist Camera
Change to: With Park Assist Camera

EUCD-140 Pdcautoactivationmenu
Standard: Not supported
Change to: With PDC Auto Activation menu

MultiCAN-469 PDCAutoActivation
Standard: Not Supported
Change to: Default OFF configurable

MultiCAN-500 PDCBtnFCIM
Standard: Not supported
Change to: Fitted

MultiCAN-602 PDC
Standard: PDC not fitted
Change to: 10 Channel fitted ( Park Assist)

MultiCAN-786 Park Assist
Standard: Not Fitted
Change to: Full Auto VarD (Fully automated park assist with automated steering breaking accelaration and gears)

Have anybody able to activate Adaptive Cruise Control yet? Can anyone with ACC send me their CCF?

Last edited by atldef110 on 1st Oct 2023 9:35pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #1009670 1st Oct 2023 9:27pm
Defender_Virginia

United States 
L663 Headlight upgrade
Marco - all good - really appreciate your advice and assistance.
Post #1009671 1st Oct 2023 9:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 56 of 103 <123 ... 555657 ... 101102103>