↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > 2020 Defender main discussion thread
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 331 of 351 <123 ... 330331332 ... 349350351>
Print this entire topic · 
ruben

Spain 
SN wrote:
^^^ Your english is fine! Thumbs Up Better than my spanish which will get me around a restaurant and bar but not much further! Rolling with laughter

Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up thanks!!!

SN wrote:
I'm happy to discuss it - in my business its called "Off Shoring" - any one who buys ANYTHING made in China is implicitly signing up to being happy with the concept - but its not all bad - wage levels only need to be sufficient to match the cost of living in these places to be acceptable.

the problem is not so much the one who charges, but the one who pays ... I do not think that LR will settle in Nitra because he likes Slovaks ... I imagine that the salary costs, the price for industrial settlement or electric power ... etc ... have nothing to do with manufacturing in the Birmingham area ... in that sense I imagine that making the new defender is much cheaper than in its day it was to make the D3 ... I do not quite understand the justification for the rise, I think that evident, of the prices ...although in the end, I imagine that things cost what you are willing to pay for it.....

Last edited by ruben on 10th Mar 2021 12:07am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #890333 10th Mar 2021 12:00am
SN

Nitroneil wrote:
Is there any way this post can be renamed? Incredibly depressing discussions going on here no matter where you stand. Surely there is more to dicuss in the l663 defender main discussion thread than whether folk think its Censored or not.

I would suggest peeling off the latest string of posts on "its not an old defender replacement" and shoving them in a Battleground thread (or better just deleting them) so this thread can revert back to what it was, just a general New Defender thread Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #890336 10th Mar 2021 12:05am
zilch

Australia 
Thumbs Up hope the mud slinging has finished.. jeez Yawn yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #890338 10th Mar 2021 12:14am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
SN wrote:
I would suggest peeling off the latest string of posts on "its not an old defender replacement" and shoving them in a Battleground thread (or better just deleting them) so this thread can revert back to what it was, just a general New Defender thread

Why do people always want to delete the opinions of others they disagree with ~ especially as they have engaged fully and posted multiple times in the section they now want deleting?

Can anyone remember what was discussed on page 27, 127 or 227 of this thread?

If you want the conversion to move, then try posting stuff others want to read and reply to and steer the conversation where you want it to go. Others will follow if it interests them to do so, or not if it doesn't.

It's a Forum not the new Defender branch of the National Congress of the Chinese Communist Party.

Let's not get into a cancel culture.
Post #890353 10th Mar 2021 8:19am
Digger2000

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Other HT Tonga Green
https://fb.watch/4b4AnP4u3s/

90 looking quite capable off road
Post #890916 12th Mar 2021 1:07pm
SN

Supacat wrote:
SN wrote:
I would suggest peeling off the latest string of posts on "its not an old defender replacement" and shoving them in a Battleground thread (or better just deleting them) so this thread can revert back to what it was, just a general New Defender thread

Why do people always want to delete the opinions of others they disagree with ~ especially as they have engaged fully and posted multiple times in the section they now want deleting?

Can anyone remember what was discussed on page 27, 127 or 227 of this thread?

If you want the conversion to move, then try posting stuff others want to read and reply to and steer the conversation where you want it to go. Others will follow if it interests them to do so, or not if it doesn't.

It's a Forum not the new Defender branch of the National Congress of the Chinese Communist Party.

Let's not get into a cancel culture.

Quote the right bit - the main suggestion was lifting the poisoness section away from this otherwise useful thread. I'm not going to be goaded into reopening this. It is NOT relevant to the subject, go into Off Topic if you want to discuss Wokeness/Cancel Culture/Offending ... Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #890955 12th Mar 2021 2:57pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
You post was quoted in FULL...

I'm not looking to goad you to do anything, but as you are entitled to express your opinion, or not as the case may be, then so are others... that was actually my point.
Post #890958 12th Mar 2021 3:11pm
Naks

South Africa 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
Digger2000 wrote:
https://fb.watch/4b4AnP4u3s/
90 looking quite capable off road

Indeed, like a mountain goat, up it went Thumbs Up --
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ
Post #890960 12th Mar 2021 3:15pm
Digger2000

Post #891376 14th Mar 2021 5:25pm
Fat Cog

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
This forum used to be such a happy 'kindred soul' sort of place, however, since the new Defender was launched it (the forum) has an angry tenor which is all rather distasteful.

So please, lets leave the anger & arrogance to the Audi brigade... Since 1973...S1, Air Portable's, Defender's, but only my Wolf TUL HS GS remains

Last edited by Fat Cog on 14th Mar 2021 11:52pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #891397 14th Mar 2021 7:14pm
spudfan

Ireland 
I have gone from a turbo diesel 90 in 1990 to my current Puma and I am very happy with the Puma. The latest Defender is not on my wish list then neither is a Range Rover. Each to their own. I check in on the section for the new Defender just to see what is going on and how the new vehicle is settling in. Everyone has different tastes and the forum has enough sections for everybody.
There have been comments made that the Defender could not continue in the traditional mode as it was up to the Puma and JLR took a different route. To make the point about how the older version had reached the end of the road when it reached the Puma stage some posters refer to it as uncomfortable, noisey leaks etc. I do not agree. I find the Puma comfortable, quiet and relaxing to drive, especially on long journeys. I don't have any leaks either. So I don't agree with those arguments but I don't moan about those making them. It is all subjective. I don't find the driving condition cramped or uncomfortable either as some have said they find it. Each to their own.
The arguments about crash safety and impact absorbtion technology that the new Defender possesses cannot be denied and I accept that my vehicle does not meet the same standard in this regard as the current Defender but I accept that.
I still have a 110 200 tdi which I still drive and a series 111 2.25 diesel. I accept these for what they are and am happy with them. Indeed the tdi was the family car from 1996 until 2008 when the Puma was bought. I thought the Puma made ggreat strides in refinement and comfort over the 200 tdi but I suppose it is all relative.
I wish any one who has a new Defender the same enjoyment as I get out of mine. I thought that with investment Land Rover could have continued on with the Puma but it was not to be. I do not loose sleep over it and if I meet a new Defender on the road I will wave. Live and let live. 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #891419 14th Mar 2021 8:50pm
Digger2000

I joined this forum for advice on the new Defender and also to contribute to the group in any way I could. I did not join to argue. Most people have been great so far and some have been very helpful. I don’t know a lot about mechanics, off roading or anything really about the history of Land Rovers even though I had two puma engine 90 hard tops I just like the defender and my dad was a Range Rover driver all his life. I have seen a few members constantly calling the new Defender on the new Defender section of the group, In my opinion that’s going to cause arguments.
Post #891435 14th Mar 2021 10:03pm
dontwakemeup

Australia 
I agree with Digger.

I'm not sure what emotion all these people who don't actually own the new defender nor are interested in buying what are trying to convey. This is a forum for those who are interested in the vehicle.

This isn't a debate about the merits of the vehicle. Imagine if we went onto the Puma forum ranting about how that vehicle is unsafe and built like a farm tractor ad nauseum. You'd be sick of it. Can't we just agree to disagree and just discuss the vehicle at hand.
Post #891508 15th Mar 2021 11:16am
SN

^^^^ both good posts. Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #891527 15th Mar 2021 12:16pm
Muddybigdog

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
We all see the same image, but some will see a young girl some will see an old witch, neither side is right or wrong, both sides have valid options.

Whatever image you see, as long as opinions are amicable, healthy debates are interesting and engaging, closing down amicable difference of opinions, soon becomes a nanny state. Jumped ship to reliability - Mitsubishi L200
Puma 90 XS - Sold
D3 - 2.7 S x2 (both Sold)
Freelander 2 HSE - Sold
Freelander 1 - Sold
Disco 2 - Sold
Post #891542 15th Mar 2021 1:03pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 331 of 351 <123 ... 330331332 ... 349350351>