↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Engine oil leak concluded.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
puma2010

England 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Zermatt Silver
Engine oil leak concluded.
Hello everyone happy Easter to you all. a few weeks ago I left a message titled engine oil leak sos. Oil coming mainly from the inlet manifold, it got into the belts and all over the engine. Once I got the Landy back home as the garage I took it to couldnt find the cause of the problem, I did some tests of my own, I found after removing the oil filler cap whilst the engine was on tick over and it nearly blowing the cap out of my hand and oil in my face, that the engine was pressurizing the top end, also lots of oil coming from the crank breather. I removed the injectors and also the rocker cover, 2 of the injectors were very carboned up with tell tale signs of compression blow past, the other 2 were ok ish. The rocker cover had a lot of congealed oil in it so I was sure it would be blocked, I managed to pull to top of to reveal the diaphragm and spring, all of which had a good clean, also the injectors I scraped and cleaned,except the nozzles of the injectors, I took them to Cheltenham Diesel, they did a clean and a test, and I returned with them ready to go back in. A lot of time was also spent cleaning the injector seats in the cylinder head. So with everything cleaned, and new copper washers, and rocker cover rubber seal, I started to put it all back together again . She started almost straight away, and low and behold, what a total change to the engine, I have run it now for nearly a week and not one bit of oil anywhere. Yesterday I pulled the air hoses off the turbo to check if there was any oil on the impeller, and also checked for play on the spindle, all seems ok. So next job is to put detergent oil through, new oil and filter in. A big thank you to Ian series 1 , and to Tardis for your replies to the s.o.s I sent out on my original message, you were very helpful.Thanks guys.http://www.defender2.net/forum/images/smiles/icon_thumbs.gif
Post #698092 2nd Apr 2018 8:32pm
ian series 1

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Bonatti Grey
Glad you got it sorted Thumbs Up 80" 80" 86" 88" 90"

Wanted, Forward Control Anything considered.
Post #698099 2nd Apr 2018 8:46pm
arran jones

United Kingdom 
Awsome news matey Thumbs Up
Good to see you back on the road again Thumbs Up
Post #698109 2nd Apr 2018 9:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1