↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > What other cars,bikes toys have you got?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 8 <12345678>
Print this entire topic · 
Lookers Park Royal

United Kingdom 
Toys, but on a budget!! Embarassed

James Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #60759 23rd Feb 2011 3:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DefenderOfTheEarth

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Cornwall is great for driving (out of season) but PANTS for track driving - there aren't any!

Big house in Mylor Creek - nice!

Wife's grandparents have a big place with great views (and 4 acres) in Rock. Which is nice. Defender 110XS SW gone... now VW California 180 4 Motion.
Post #60765 23rd Feb 2011 4:00pm
szracer

England 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Only one other real 'toy' (if you don't include the vintage Sunbeam bicycle that I'm trying to fit a 1951 Cyclemaster engine to and the Chevrolet Astro DayVan!) - OK, so it's my avatar and screen name...so you're probably fed up with it!

This was my Alfa, last September at the Goodwood Revival.

As I keep telling my wife, to my credit I was definitely not looking straight ahead in the photo..... Whistle 
2010 110 XS USW (the slow one)
1960 Alfa Romeo Giulietta SZ (the fast one)
2005 Ducati ST3
1954 Sunbeam S8
Post #60803 23rd Feb 2011 9:06pm
BIGFOG

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Here are my favourite other toys,
an 18' Formula Catamaran, good for up to 25 knots and shed loads of adrenaline when running at full speed...

Click image to enlarge

And the other is a Replica of a 356 Speedster which I have owned for more years than I care to remember....

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #60808 23rd Feb 2011 9:36pm
BIGFOG

szracer wrote:
Only one other real 'toy' (if you don't include the vintage Sunbeam bicycle that I'm trying to fit a 1951 Cyclemaster engine to and the Chevrolet Astro DayVan!) - OK, so it's my avatar and screen name...so you're probably fed up with it!

This was my Alfa, last September at the Goodwood Revival.

As I keep telling my wife, to my credit I was definitely not looking straight ahead in the photo..... Whistle

Love the Alfa!! Bow down
Post #60817 23rd Feb 2011 10:25pm
BIGFOG

Zagato wrote:
Wow great place to live, what a view. I am in Reigate and parents had a holiday home in Trevone nr Padstow but last 20 years they have been in Mylor and Falmouth. We have thought about moving down a lot but will probably move to Chichester instead for the sailing but you never know Cornwall is the nicest place to be just less convenient for motor related hobbies. Sister has a bloody great big house right on the end of Mylor Creek as a holiday home. How the other half live - I'm not jealous Evil or Very Mad Laughing She is a barrister married to a barrister and are both loaded -millions, but they are not into cars. Wow what I could get with their money Very Happy

Chris

Down the road from me then! When you get the DB4GT Zagato be sure to give me a call!! Rolling with laughter
Post #60818 23rd Feb 2011 10:29pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Its never going to happen Big Cry A firm in Australia was advertising a replica at Goodwood a couple of years ago for £250,000 Shocked Ouch, but it was superb. Love the boat mate, I have been on my sisters small cats -WOW Yours must be something else Thumbs Up Love the Porsche, Chesil Beach boys I presume!

I would have seen you at Goodwood last year SZRacer Thumbs Up Very nice........I have been around Goodwood on track days but to do the real thing - superb. I went round in a SAAB 96 two stroke & then a Porcshe - one extreme to the other. The SAAB was more thrilling believe it of not, we had the radio playing, air con on etc in the Porsche, it was like being on the M25 - very detached.
Post #60865 24th Feb 2011 8:38am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AndrewS

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 SW Rimini Red

szracer wrote:

Is the steering somehow linked to your head Question Laughing 130's have feeling's as well you know Smile
Post #60882 24th Feb 2011 10:24am
szracer

England 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Thanks Zagato - Was my second 'invite' to race at Goodwood (first was in 2005) - Bloody fantastic experience!

Been historic racing for 15 years, and the two Goodwood Revival races are amongst my favourites (as well as a two hour stint, in the rain, and the dark, in a Friend's Austin Healey 100M at spa 6 hours last year!), purely from the atmosphere/crowds. So nice to not be racing to the usual empty stands at Silverstone in October! Quite agree about the 'detached' nature of modern cars, though - on-track or off! Hence why I love my Defender! Had a Freelander 2 as a courtesy car and couldn't believe how 'dead' the steering felt.

Keeping my fingers crossed for another entry at Goodwood some time soon - If so, must come and say hello!

By the way, my race there last year was a wee bit disappointing, in that I got stuck behind a (slower) Abarth with a very crafty driver!! Took me bloody ages to get past, and then cut 3 seconds off my lap time! Still, I got on TV, and finished (despite how it looks on the footage) about half way down the grid, which was nice...

some in-car footage (if anyone's interested) here:

http://contour.com/stories/goodwood-revival-2010-fordwater-1

Zagato wrote:

I would have seen you at Goodwood last year SZRacer Thumbs Up Very nice........I have been around Goodwood on track days but to do the real thing - superb. I went round in a SAAB 96 two stroke & then a Porcshe - one extreme to the other. The SAAB was more thrilling believe it of not, we had the radio playing, air con on etc in the Porsche, it was like being on the M25 - very detached.

2010 110 XS USW (the slow one)
1960 Alfa Romeo Giulietta SZ (the fast one)
2005 Ducati ST3
1954 Sunbeam S8
Post #60994 24th Feb 2011 11:16pm
BigMike

United Kingdom 
Fabulous boat, Fog. I had a dart 18 for a while which was excellent fun. I love fast cats, far better than monos, imo.
Post #61000 25th Feb 2011 12:49am
BIGFOG

BigMike wrote:
Fabulous boat, Fog. I had a dart 18 for a while which was excellent fun. I love fast cats, far better than monos, imo.

That's what I had before this one, there can't be many cat sailors in the UK who haven't sailed a Dart 18 at some stage and they're still quick as hell, but lack the downhill equipment and the twin trapeze which from the helms point of view makes life far more comfortable!!
Post #61007 25th Feb 2011 8:27am
Grockle

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
lovely girl er car James Thumbs Up 2.4 90 XS
1968 1/32 scale Britains 109 Pick up.
Post #61018 25th Feb 2011 9:12am
AJS4X4

United Kingdom 
Nice to see all your pics. Thumbs Up

Some of the racing one's bring back memories. Thumbs Up

It gets to the point when you have too many toys and not enough time to use them. Big Cry

Andy.
Post #61023 25th Feb 2011 9:31am
ken

United Kingdom 
AndrewS wrote:

szracer wrote:

Is the steering somehow linked to your head Question Laughing

Nah your looking in your mirror at Number eight Whistle
Post #61033 25th Feb 2011 10:43am
Sonic3d

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Stornoway Grey
No 7 doesn`t look too bad either Rolling with laughter
Post #61037 25th Feb 2011 11:20am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 8 <12345678>