↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > MY15 110 SW Indus Silver - The adventures of R2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
g-mack

United Kingdom 
what make are those led headlights then?
edit:
re read it they are ethers yea? My 109 thread

my youtube channel
Post #438914 19th Jul 2015 3:28pm
g-mack

United Kingdom 
Is there a UK supplier of these ether lights? can't seem to find one My 109 thread

my youtube channel
Post #438918 19th Jul 2015 3:40pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-7-LED-...339d4e7436
These look similar but I don't think they're e marked so technically illegal to use over here. Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #438922 19th Jul 2015 4:31pm
BuckBlu110

United Kingdom 1994 Defender 110 BMW M57 3.0 Diesel CSW Buckingham Blue
These, but ours are black: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAIR-Full-LED-CH...27fcf41a9d
Seem to be a bit more expensive than what I payed but they are fully E marked, And have gone through the MOT fine. Not sure what the IP rating is but apparently they've been sat in a bucket of water for two days and still worked fine! The ones we have have never even misted up in the 10 months we've had them which is more than what I can say for the speakers I have. Also come with a 2 year warrenty Thumbs Up
Post #438928 19th Jul 2015 4:57pm
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
GypsySamuraiAnt i LOVE your 110, its fantastic.

Made me absolutely sure that Indus silver will be a great colour for my utility too.

Was even thinking of HD steel wheels in gloss black too, and now I'm sure that they'll look great (if its possible!)

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Cheers, David
Land Rovers of all shapes S3 onwards… Daily is a 110 V8.
Post #438941 19th Jul 2015 6:19pm
GypsySamuraiAnt

Australia 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Indus Silver
@ Pete, cheers mate Thumbs Up yes the rust is very disappointing but not the end of world luckily.

Can't wait to see your DRL's in the bumper, will look the dogs for sure Bow down got a bit of expedition gear on order then that might be my done until the "warranty" is over then its hybrid turbo time Twisted Evil

@ Buck, thank you sir! I'm really loving the new lights and glad to hear they stack up there with the competition also. Would like to see those pictures too. BTW how many Defenders do you have Bow down

@ g-mack, I got them from these guys http://www.flatdoguk.com/led-%2B-angel-eye...--rhd~1527 fair price and good service.

@ David, thanks very much mate! You won't be disappointed with the silver I promise. When do you take delivery?

Cheers,
Ant.
Post #439279 21st Jul 2015 10:25am
BuckBlu110

United Kingdom 1994 Defender 110 BMW M57 3.0 Diesel CSW Buckingham Blue
I'll post them up as soon as my photobucket stops beggering about! 3 defenders that I have access to, my 110, the mrs 90, and my old mans 110 double cab that I use for work, lots to keep me busy in my spare time!!
Post #440687 27th Jul 2015 2:32pm
GypsySamuraiAnt

So its been a while but happy to report that our second camping trip was much more successful and relaxing that the last Mr. Green

The destination this time was the beautiful Byron Bay in northern NSW's. It was a last minute decision and a public holiday weekend which we hadn't booked a spot for, but took the chance anyway, packed up the truck early and hot the road. Luck was on our side and we snagged a site due to cancellation and it was a cracker!

We weren't quite as lucky as to get a spot right on the beach front, however at only 30 meters walk away from this so who could complain.

I even got out of bed especially to watch the sun rise which I haven't done in years.

So this trip not being the disaster like the last I'm happy to say I'm learning more and more about the setup and truck as time goes on. Being completely new to his lifestyle it's given me lots to think about, tweak and improve before we embark on a major up the east coast. And most of all its really bloody fun Thumbs Up

One thing that really bugged me last trip was having the 12V power cord plugged into the outlet on the dash which was going to the portable battery pack in the back, and the phones charging from the USB outlet from the headunit. Both cords kept getting in the way and made changing gears a pain so had these installed in the Ex-box.

Double USB port for the phones.

And a 12v outlet to charge the battery pack and 60L fridge freezer in the back.

Very happy boy now Wink Also had a chance to get the solar panels a go which I popped on the roof so not to clutter up the site, which was made easy by a brilliant Safety Device ladder which is a top quality and sturdy bit of kit.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Last edited by GypsySamuraiAnt on 25th Oct 2015 11:47am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #466299 25th Oct 2015 5:13am
GypsySamuraiAnt

So one more small issue I didn't foresee was if we were camping anywhere for more than one night we would have to take down the awning tent and pop it back up every day which gets a little old. So decided to have a second 2.5m x 2.5m ARB awning mounted on the opposite side of the rack. This way we get to choose which side to relax under the shade of the awning and which to leave the tent permanently up for the duration of the trip. Over the top some might say but I'm very happy with my decision, and they make camp oh so easy to set up Whistle Mr. Green

Also finished off all the underbody protection for when we get over to islands for a play. All top quality gear from APT. Front and rear diff guards, front steering guard with recover points where already done so new additions are fuel cooler guard and finally a fuel tank guard.

I would have to be pretty unlucky to have a hidden tree stump of large rock ruin a trip with this stuff onboard. 8)

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #466301 25th Oct 2015 5:38am
GypsySamuraiAnt

Also started phase 2 of the sound deadening project but unfortunately ran out of light.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #466315 25th Oct 2015 9:37am
YOLO110

Australia 
Great stuff Ant!

What 'deadening' material is that mate? I am about to start mine with Dynamat Extreme. Smile YOLO... You Only Live Once...
Post #466317 25th Oct 2015 9:42am
GypsySamuraiAnt

Cheers Pete Mr. Green

It's called Resomat mate, meant to be on par with Dynamat but a fair bit more cost effective although I do have some of the Dynamat lite for the roof Thumbs Up

I got the Resomat from these guys

http://trufitcarpets.com.au/resomat/
Post #466319 25th Oct 2015 9:51am
GypsySamuraiAnt

So a little slow going on phase 2 of the sound proofing project. Today was cut short by a mid afternoon thunderstorm but I'm happy to say what I've covered so far has made a notable improvement combined with the Lizard Skin which is more than encouraging Mr. Green

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

The battery is a heavy Censored to get out!

The Resomat has done wonders for general road noise and vibration in the front. To the point that all we really hear now is engine noise when going up in gears. I hope even that will be minimized further after I Resomat the higher in the front foot wells to cover more of the bulkhead.

Started a custom rear storage shelf project too and have an order of more fun stuff on the way from the UK. Stay tuned :thumbsup:

Post #470329 7th Nov 2015 10:49am
YOLO110

Australia 
Great stuff Ant!

I have just finished Dynamatting the rear of my 90! Pics of course to follow!

I believe the real noise reduction will be from the 'front end'... so that project is next!

Yours is looking just great... How did the under bonnet sound proofing work out?

Cheers,

Pete. Thumbs Up

P.S NO idea what has happened to my 110, YOLO! Rolling Eyes YOLO... You Only Live Once...
Post #470339 7th Nov 2015 11:18am
GypsySamuraiAnt

Nice one Pete, you'll be a happy man when the front is done!

Under bonnet done in the Lizard skin is great for general engine noise. It just seems to come in through the upper fire wall a bit now. But as mentioned I'm really hoping the Resomat will sort that soon Mr. Green

Pics Pete stat!

Cheers,
Ant.
Post #470352 7th Nov 2015 12:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 9 <123456789>