↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Water on passenger side floor mats Defender Puma?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
DaveGL

2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Cairns Blue
Thanks Ole Dave for taking the time to reply again.

I am heading to the 4x4 show at donnington in Feb, will see if I can pick up a new seal there. Then just the small matter of fitting it!

Thanks and have a good weekend.
Post #386942 10th Jan 2015 10:38am
OleDave

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Indus Silver
No probs DaveGL, wish I could have offered the total solution for you.

Had a bitter disapointment today when I went out in lovely girl guess what!! there was a pool of water on the passenger side again! looks like the snow cowl was not the answer damb it!!! next step is to dismantle some of the dash on the passenger side and get the Boss, ( She who must be obeyed!! ) to play water over the screen and surrounding area while I sit in there with my torch to see if I can spot where its coming in, it could be like your problem the screen rubber, its looking like the culprit more and more. Watch this space!!

Regards

Ole Dave
Post #387031 10th Jan 2015 3:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DaveGL

2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Cairns Blue
Why don't you try what I did, get some kitchen towel and fold it into the gap between the back of the dash and the bottom corner of the windscreen. If the kitchen towel is wet after it rains, you know where your culprit is.

Good luck!
Post #387049 10th Jan 2015 4:08pm
Iktank

Wales 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Corris Grey
OleDave wrote:
Hi Iktank and all the guys, sorry to hear that your new defender is also leaking water, its annoying with a new vehicle and as usual while its in for repairs your without a vehicle! think I have found the problem with the water on the passenger side floor? last week I bought and fitted a snow cowl, since then it has rained quite a lot and believe this there is no water on the passenger floor!!!!! fingers crossed that the cowl is the resolve of the water problem, when the weather gets a bit better I am going to lift the centre cubby tray and remove the floor panel and have a look to see if the blower drain is blocked with rubbish which others on here have mentioned they can. If that does not cure the problem long term it looks like the next step will be the windscreen out, but at the moment all seems fine.

The door rubber on mine are by no means new and seem to fit where they touch but I do not have any leaks from that area, will possibly later in the spring or summer replace them all anyway as they tend to come off their location occasionally. Hope LR get your problem sorted soon.

Regards

Ole Dave

Hi
Had Defender back from dealership
- New door seal to passenger door
- New seal along base of windscreen surround
all appears good, happy with the dealership, they could not be more helpful so praise from me to Stratestone Newport as I have had issues with other Stratstone dealerships in the past.

RAI fitted as well Smile
Post #387061 10th Jan 2015 4:55pm
OleDave

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Indus Silver
Water on passenger side floor mats Defender Puma?
Hi Guys, pleased to advise have cured the leak eventually, more by luck than by design!

As mentioned I bought some Captain Tolley and went around the bulkhead seals and everywhere I could think of without any sucess, was sat here one day recently head in hands thinking about when to take the dash out and a thought crossed my mind, there was only one place I had not tried the Captain Tolley and that was around the threaded area of the wiper extension where they bolt through the bulkhead, I applied the Captian Tolley to the threads on the outside and it just vanished down between the nut and the threads in seconds!!! over a period of a few hours I applied more until it would not take anymore, Success!! no more water on the mat!!!

Thought this might help others as its worth checking before taking the dash out.

Hope all, you guys are well

Ole Dave
Post #421333 5th May 2015 4:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Nevillerover

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Sumatra Black
Cheers Dave, I to have been all round mine with the captain Tolley so will try where you say and report back in a week or two.
Post #421441 5th May 2015 9:49pm
jomara

Scotland 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Need to try some Captain Tolleys on my wiper spindles, the dealers had my 110 for 2 weeks to try and cure the water ingress, they fixed the water getting in the windscreen seal and fitted a new seal between the screen frame and bulkhead.
I still have puddles in the drivers footwell and the wiper box on the drivers side is getting really noisy, I'm thinking this could point to water weeping in the spindles as you have discovered.

Thanks for your efforts Dave Thumbs Up 2014 110 2.2TDCi XS Station wagon
1971 Bowler Tomcat 88 4.2 V8 Auto
2022 110 D250 XS Edition - Gone
2024 110 D250 X-Dynamic HSE
Post #421475 6th May 2015 6:35am
lohr500

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Following this thread with interest as I too have a passenger side leak.

My vehicle is going in to the dealer on Monday to have the leak investigated at the same time as they sort out the oil pump recall.

I've also mentioned to them that the drivetrain is far more clunky than my previous 2.4 which had three times the miles on it. Pretty sure it's just your standard Defender sloppy transmission, but I thought I would let them take a look whilst they are doing the other work.

Primarily though I am hoping they can sort out the leak. If they can't then I will try the spindle treatment. Thanks for the info Dave.
Post #422161 9th May 2015 9:32am
davidpalfreyman

2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Alpine White
Maybe you have sorted te leak by now but I have just found the root of the problem on mine.Water find it way intothe engine compartment under the windsreen area and leaks in through one ofthe bolt holes which secure the fan assembly

Dave
Post #422873 12th May 2015 1:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123