↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Td5 > 3 point centre rear seat belt
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tazz

United Kingdom 
3 point centre rear seat belt
I have a 110 SW (TD5) and want to replace the current lap belt with a 3 point inertia reel belt. I have bought the 3 point belt (exmoor trim)and wondered if anyone else has done this conversion? I have tried a search without any luck. My question relates to where you mount the belt reel, assuming the other two fixing points use the existing mounts? The fiting instruction only show you how to mount the three fixings but not where.

tazz
Post #79732 10th Jul 2011 7:09pm
JSG

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
The 'top' mounting goes over the back of the rear seat and bolts down through the rear floor via a re-inforcing plate if needed. John

http://www.hampshire4x4response.co.uk

2011 Tdci 110 CSW XS
Post #79782 11th Jul 2011 10:28am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tazz

United Kingdom 
JSG wrote:
The 'top' mounting goes over the back of the rear seat and bolts down through the rear floor via a re-inforcing plate if needed.

Thanks, I will have to get my drill out to make 2 more holes in the floor.

Tazz
Post #80094 13th Jul 2011 4:14pm
CFB

United Kingdom 
Interesting, is it really that simple?

Will the angle be right on the passenger's shoulder? I would have thought it would pull down on the shoulder and thus not be too safe, normally the bracket above your shoulder takes the load in an impact. Guess it would be better than a lap belt of course. Andy
Post #83436 8th Aug 2011 4:22pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tazz

United Kingdom 
CFB wrote:
Interesting, is it really that simple?

Will the angle be right on the passenger's shoulder? I would have thought it would pull down on the shoulder and thus not be too safe, normally the bracket above your shoulder takes the load in an impact. Guess it would be better than a lap belt of course.

The instructions which come with the belt give guidance on the angles the anchors must be fitted i.e. max 45 degrees from the line of the seat back.

As for rhe belt coming up over the shoulder, then this a common fitment on cars with a convertible roof so one would assume is safe. Exmoor trim, who market the belt I have bought make great play upon their seats % belts being type approved.

Tazz
Post #83835 11th Aug 2011 12:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1