↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Alive Tuning's ATRIC Remap.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 8 <12345678>
Print this entire topic · 
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
fekete wrote:
Mal, that would be nice but i'm more than happy with what i've paid and got what i always wanted Thumbs Up
Not up anybody's Crimper just giving good feedback for a good product Mr. Green

Shame the feedback didn't involve not slating other people's products in the process! Crying or Very sad If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #61466 28th Feb 2011 6:22pm
fekete

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Bonatti Grey
I was asked Lad and told the truth....you haven't even got the B.. box and your blowing sunshine up his crimper are you after a discount by any chance Whistle give your head a shake Lad and get a life

Also me and Pete have agreed to keep our thoughts to our selfs but its pedantic dicks like you that keep bringing it up Question NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #61512 28th Feb 2011 9:23pm
big steve

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Montalcino Red
now now

im still interested in some figure ? 2015 2.2 tdci hardtop xs
3.2 conversion DONE 238bhp and 707nm torque and thats just the start ;-P
hybrid turbo in build -done ready to fit
ashcroft atb in transfer box
6 speed auto in build
Post #61521 28th Feb 2011 9:39pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fekete

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Bonatti Grey
Steve thats good and well but when you get knobends on here K9F throwing insults that gets us all nowhere Thumbs Up

Mal if you have anything else to say bell me lad NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #61522 28th Feb 2011 9:42pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Karlos let me point out 2 things:

1. You started the mud throwing!

2. No insults were sent from my direction!

Try not to wet the bed 'lad!' Laughing I apologise for anything I have said that may be deemed as an insult or untrue but just was interested to see a few figures that's all! Not being forthcoming I shall not press the issue further as I've obviously touched a nerve! Sorry! Wink

You obviously have a far superior remap than us lesser mortals and I shall not post on this thread again! Promise! If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #61557 1st Mar 2011 12:06am
rusty66

Germany 
fault codes after remap
Sorry to point this in another direction ....

I have installed my tune yesterday. I now get some error codes that I didn't get before. U0300 is one, which suggests to me that the ECU is not happy with the new software. There are two other U codes and some Ps but I can find the paper I noted them on at the moment. Never had them before.

There were also a couple of other codes like P0400 and P0100 before, as also mentioned in this thread by The Boy, I think, but no fault could (was wanted to) be found by the dealer.

In short, has anyone else experienced new fault codes after remapping?

Cheers

Boris
Post #78258 28th Jun 2011 8:16pm
dgardel

Italy 
Re: fault codes after remap
rusty66 wrote:

I have installed my tune yesterday. I now get some error codes that I didn't get before. U0300 is one, which suggests to me that the ECU is not happy with the new software. There are two other U codes and some Ps but I can find the paper I noted them on at the moment. Never had them before.

There were also a couple of other codes like P0400 and P0100 before, as also mentioned in this thread by The Boy, I think, but no fault could (was wanted to) be found by the dealer.

Cheers

who is the remapper?

Boris
 Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #78270 28th Jun 2011 9:13pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
big steve

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Montalcino Red
dont understand the lastpost dgardel 2015 2.2 tdci hardtop xs
3.2 conversion DONE 238bhp and 707nm torque and thats just the start ;-P
hybrid turbo in build -done ready to fit
ashcroft atb in transfer box
6 speed auto in build
Post #78280 28th Jun 2011 9:59pm
dgardel

Italy 
rusty66 wrote:

Cheers

Boris

@Boris Rusty66...
Who made the remap?

@BigSteve...
sorry wrong quotation.... Embarassed Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #78289 28th Jun 2011 10:27pm
Lorryman100

rusty66 wrote:

Cheers

Boris

Boris,

the codes you are referring to are untested dtc's which show up on the dealer IDS system which they ignore as they are not tested dtc's. Have a read of this post as it explains it better:

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic5443.html

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic6900.h...ault+codes

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic5026.html

Did you have a means of reading DTC's before you received the alien tech remap interface? If not there are common untested dtc's which appear/disappear all the time and the above posts list them. If you have a look at the codes members have listed you will see a pattern of recurring codes which cause no problems except to the owners mindset Whistle

Brian.
Post #78306 29th Jun 2011 1:09am
rusty66

Germany 
Hello,

And thanks all for your answers. Brian, thanks a lot for the very informative reading list! Thumbs Up

I read the codes before flashing the ECU. They were exactly as the ones often mentioned elsewhere here, i.e. P0400, P0269 or P0100... Now after the tuning some new ones appeared. Haven't them with me, but a P one with an 'a' at the end, another P or two, three Us (U0300 ...).

I have by now been pointed to a possible mistake be me by not going through the ignition switch on/off procedure properly. Can't remember exactly what I did so will reflash and check again...

The car runs fine so far, tune is quite noticeable and I have no immediate issues. I had very rarely some strong diesel rattle before while driving off at around 2000 rpm which could have been the EGR?? But maybe its also the high temperatures at the moment that the rattle doesn't occur right now? Never happend with a warm engine. EGR is off by software now. There's also a bit of a consumption issue with about 13l/100km that I have had for a long time (thought that was a normal figure) so I might have a MAF issue??

Anyway, the tune is good and I was mostly worried because German TUV reads fault codes and I didn't want them to find any, of course. Esp. as U0300 if I get it right refers to a wrong software.

Didn't want to advertise names too openly. But the tuning is an Alive one via their ATRIC device and I am 100% satisfied with the behaviour of the car AND more than 150% with the excellent customer care and feedback! Thanks a lot, Gary!

Cheers
Boris
Post #78320 29th Jun 2011 9:14am
rusty66

Germany 
Just to update this:

I had the car at the dealers for the tappet noise and they updated the ECU software. Couldn't find anything else. After that the car was considerably quieter. There are none of the above error codes so far, with or without the tuned map.

A bit odd since I had the car at the dealer last October for an update and I had thought there hasn't been a new software release by LR after that ...
Post #80017 13th Jul 2011 8:41am
Lorryman100

Boris,

did you happen to get the new software update number?
Post #80093 13th Jul 2011 4:11pm
rusty66

Germany 
Sorry, no. When I picked it up there wasn't anyone knowing around. I don't think I can read the software version with the update device?
Post #80564 16th Jul 2011 4:21pm
Lorryman100

Thanks for that Boris, I will be getting the new updated IDS DVD soon anyway so I will see then what's new Thumbs Up

Just checked the online update server and the current version is 2011.5 - R73
Post #80685 17th Jul 2011 6:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 8 <12345678>