↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Orkney Grey
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
colmcd

Orkney Grey
Hi all, been looking at the forum for a good while now, but finally registered. Ordered my new 90 county station wagon at end of march.

Was ordered in stornoway grey, but will now be orkney grey.

Was in dealer today and was told that orkney grey is used by jaguar!! Jaguar use a different name though. Has anybody seen orkney grey in the flesh yet, I do love stornoway grey, so hope orkney is quite close!!

Thanks and Hello!!

Colin
Post #73633 31st May 2011 8:22pm
kingofthesparks

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Fuji White
would not worry, if you dont like it refuse it as it is not the colour you ordered
Post #73640 31st May 2011 8:46pm
110SEB

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Hello Colin, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the (perhaps) imminent new arrival.

If you quite like Orkney or don't mind it, keep it to yourself and have a hissy fit to your dealer and LR Customer Care over the phone. Request some 'goodwill compensation'. We had a few problems with our 2007 (only the usual in fact) plus a few dealer specific issues and got about £3,500 in total to spend on LR stuff.

They don't give you the cash but you can spend it on anything - servicing, extended warranty, LR Gear or accessories. You wouldn't believe the sh*t we got. I exhausted the LR Gear catalogue, got 5 x BFG ATs, servicing, extended warranty, mats, dog guard, snorkel + fitting, LR bike, picnic hamper, 2 mugs, key rings, roof box, roof bars. In fact so much i've forgotten.

I do wish i'd got a winch though. My 3 year old son keeps telling me we need a winch for the Land Rover.
Post #73645 31st May 2011 8:59pm
scotty38

England 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Aintree Green
When I ordered mine I was told it was slightly darker than Stornoway but I haven't seen it so take that as you will...
Post #73646 31st May 2011 9:02pm
MartinK

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
Yes - seen one in the Orkney...I thought "that Stornaway looks really good in this light"...then the dealer told me it wasn't stornaway... I preferred it.
Post #73650 31st May 2011 9:10pm
sc70

Wales 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Santorini Black
saw a sample in dealers at the weekend and was told it's a bit darker more like the old botani (spelt wrong)grey but it looked the same to me Whistle still the best colour Thumbs Up
Post #73661 31st May 2011 9:49pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Orkney Grey is Jaguar Lunar Grey Smile  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #73677 31st May 2011 10:27pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
colmcd

Thanks, good advice then, like the use of the word 'perhaps', hopefully be here soon though, will be worth the wait anyway!!

110SEB wrote:
Hello Colin, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the (perhaps) imminent new arrival.

If you quite like Orkney or don't mind it, keep it to yourself and have a hissy fit to your dealer and LR Customer Care over the phone. Request some 'goodwill compensation'. We had a few problems with our 2007 (only the usual in fact) plus a few dealer specific issues and got about £3,500 in total to spend on LR stuff.

They don't give you the cash but you can spend it on anything - servicing, extended warranty, LR Gear or accessories. You wouldn't believe the sh*t we got. I exhausted the LR Gear catalogue, got 5 x BFG ATs, servicing, extended warranty, mats, dog guard, snorkel + fitting, LR bike, picnic hamper, 2 mugs, key rings, roof box, roof bars. In fact so much i've forgotten.

I do wish i'd got a winch though. My 3 year old son keeps telling me we need a winch for the Land Rover.
Post #73680 31st May 2011 10:38pm
colmcd

Thanks for all the comments folks, just can't wait to get it now. Yes Lunar Grey, thats the colour.
Post #73682 31st May 2011 10:41pm
NinetyTD4

Wales 2012 Defender 90 Other SW Keswick Green
I do like the slight darker fit, but be aware that you have to point your repair shop to Jaguar paint whenever you have repairs. Due to Fukushima there are quite some colors out of stock, ie red also, and no saying yet when they are producing the pigments again.
Post #73692 1st Jun 2011 6:06am
JASPERTHEHORSE

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Orkney Grey
As correctly pointed out by ninety, Land Rover have lost several colours as a result of the tragedy in Japan.
Namely Stornoway, Firenza, Baltic blue and santorini. These have been replaced by orkney, buckingham blue and sumatra black. Only problem is with the red, no replacement as yet.
As for Orkney, weve got the colour splash in the dealership now and its actually one shade lighter than stornoway. My F2 is in Stornoway and having put it up against the car I can confirm its one shade lighter as well.
Its a nice colour so Im sure you wont be disappointed.
Our new Defender is actually coming in Orkney.

Laughing
Post #73702 1st Jun 2011 8:43am
vogue se

Belgium 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 Exclusive HT Nara Bronze
Nara bronze is also not on the list anymore, for the same Jap reason.
Post #74392 6th Jun 2011 12:56am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1