↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Heresy
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
DSC-off

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
I love the new JL Rubicon. Built to be better off road than any previous factory Jeep.
They know who they sell them to and how to keep those people happy!
The only problem for me could be the selling price by the time it gets here, upwards of £40k.

Similarly, Suzuki want to continue selling Jimnys.

Off Topic again, sorry.
Landrover, why were/are Discovery, Evoque and Discovery Sport (Freelander) so popular?
It's because the Defender was too basic for most people's idea of a daily car, and the big Range Rover too expensive.
Had the Defender been developed and updated during it's life, more people would have bought the vehicle they really wanted and Landrover would have sold more than 20,000 a year.
Post #717795 15th Jul 2018 11:01am
zsd-puma

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
Quote:
Had the Defender been developed and updated during it's life, more people would have bought the vehicle they really wanted and Landrover would have sold more than 20,000 a year.

This is of course true, but then again it would have probably been developed into something most of us wouldn't be driving now. I mean most of us on here bought them 'because' they're different. Had it been developed over the years we'd probably just see something along the lines of a modular Japanese pickup.
They've sold more Freelanders (and it's derivatives) because most people don't need or want the Defenders extreme off road ability, they prefer a car with on road manners.

I mean Ford Still make a 'Fiesta' but the only thing it shares with the 1976 original is the pedal rubbers.
Post #717831 15th Jul 2018 3:03pm
zsd-puma

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
discomog wrote:
Will Autocar's write up of the new Defender be so positive?

What ever JLR do it will divide opinion, as many people will hate it as will love it. Same thing happened with the Mini in 2001, most classic mini enthusiasts hated it, but BMW have sold millions of them.
Post #717833 15th Jul 2018 3:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12