↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Bubbling paint? Rust?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Oh so they had the same problem then, I wondered if it was a new thing as all the 60 plate ones I have looked at have the brown staining from the beginnings of rot. I think it is one of the more serious problems and quite difficult to rectify. The 6 year anti-corrosion warranty might have to come into force on this one Wink
Post #67855 18th Apr 2011 7:23pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
inthedesert

I'll be a lot less depressed if they will cover these thing upto 6 years. I thought the 6 years was for paint work only; I'm not sure why I got that from.

The other car is an 02 mini cooper and it looks newer than the 08 defender...................
Post #67860 18th Apr 2011 7:43pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Post #67876 18th Apr 2011 8:35pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RED-DOT

Scotland 
Rubbish.. i got my rear crossmember painted and my side steps renewed and my whole tub painted and cappings renewed due to paint bubbling and i aint finished yet. 2008 RS4 gone, 123d M Sport, and a Puma 90 XS..
Post #67879 18th Apr 2011 8:43pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
RED-DOT wrote:
Rubbish.. i got my rear crossmember painted and my side steps renewed and my whole tub painted and cappings renewed due to paint bubbling and i aint finished yet.

Read the link Rolling Eyes Yours will have been done under the "paint surface and anti corrosion warranty"
Post #67897 18th Apr 2011 10:21pm
Grockle

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
itd, you'll get all those changed under the warranty 2.4 90 XS
1968 1/32 scale Britains 109 Pick up.
Post #67929 19th Apr 2011 8:22am
eutek

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Just back from the dealer, fair play to them - they're going to replace everything that I pointed out... and then some!

First rate customer service, I am very impressed. It is the third time I've been to them, they're not exactly local but it is worth it for me to truck all the way up there.

They repaired the mudflap on the spot by bridging the gap with a piece of metal, simple and seems to do the trick. Better than having it banging around.

They also carried out some of the latest LR recalls that weren't done by the garage which did my 24K service.

On a whim I also mentioned that it appeared the vacuum pump had gone in the past, I'd asked if they could look at it.

The leak was there when I first bought the 110. (I did point this out to the garage from where I'd purchased the 110, they ignored my request and didn't notice it during either the 12K or 24K service. To be honest it is pretty hard to ignore, there was a load of slimy black oil that looked totally out of place on an otherwise spotless engine and bay..)

There was some residual oil that I'd cleaned off the bonnet and hoses, I assumed that the vacuum pump went in the past and was swapped.

Turns out there is an intake manifold leak, it wasn't the vacuum pump, will be sorted out shortly under warranty as well.
Post #67982 19th Apr 2011 6:18pm
JSG

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Good news - which dealer is it? John

http://www.hampshire4x4response.co.uk

2011 Tdci 110 CSW XS
Post #68011 19th Apr 2011 10:37pm
bob neville

Spain 2001 Defender 90 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Just ordered a pair of black anodized window blocks from Croytec, should look smart on the Galway Green Thumbs Up

Bob
Post #68047 20th Apr 2011 10:31am
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
While the black bits (side / rear steps, mudflap brackets, headlamp bezels, bumpers, x member etc) and cheap cast bits such as the windscreen brackets etc have all rusted given time in the past the newer vehicles do seem to be suffering more. That said in the UK we've had a couple of nasty winters recently resulting in tons of salt being spread over the roads. Salt spray is bound to find any weakness if it's left on an unprotected vehicle (such as newer Puma Defenders) which goes through a prolonged period of wet / dry cycles. Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #68050 20th Apr 2011 10:51am
Grockle

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
bob neville wrote:
Just ordered a pair of black anodized window blocks from Croytec, should look smart on the Galway Green Thumbs Up

Bob

show us a pic Bob when you've fittted them Thumbs Up 2.4 90 XS
1968 1/32 scale Britains 109 Pick up.
Post #68054 20th Apr 2011 11:21am
eutek

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
JSG wrote:
Good news - which dealer is it?

Hartwell in Northampton.
Post #68057 20th Apr 2011 11:47am
Lorryman100

bob neville wrote:

Bob

Me too, black anodized on a Stornoway Grey 110. Will match the snorkel and snow cover etc..........Hopefully..... Whistle
Post #68062 20th Apr 2011 12:09pm
bob neville

Spain 2001 Defender 90 Td5 SW Epsom Green
I know, just been talking to them, mine should be here Thursday, pictures to follow Thumbs Up

Bob
Post #68064 20th Apr 2011 12:12pm
The Boy

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Rimini Red
eutek wrote:
JSG wrote:
Good news - which dealer is it?

Hartwell in Northampton.

Glad you have got some good service from them. Mine is booked in next month so they can repair the damaged they did when fixing the leaks. It has taken me over a month to get them to acknowledge the problem and admit liability.
When they had it they phoned me to say that both my track rod ends needed replacement (not covered by warranty as not standard tyres) and wanted £305 puss the vodka and tonic. I told them not to do it and instead drove it straight to my local independent who inspected them and said he could find nothing wrong with either. Yesterday I dropped off the 110 at Marshalls of Bedford for its (not so cheap) 2nd service and I am trying to get away from the office to pick it up today. However interestingly they too could not find anything wrong with the track rod ends (but in fairness there may be a note on the service sheet that says there might be some small wear and I shall not know until I pick it up).

Still glad you have got on with them without any problems.

Boy
Post #68067 20th Apr 2011 12:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>