↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Puma Dash cluster problem/question.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Froglaise

Puma Dash cluster problem/question.
Have searched but can't find anything on this so perhaps someone can throw some light?

Following the fall in the £ a friend has imported a 2007 90 over here from the UK (one I viewed but declined - by coincidence) and has been working on changing bits to make it French spec.
Yesterday he got his dash cluster, from eBay UK seller. It's a "new" KMPH one.

Today went to his local LR dealer to get the immobiliser coded in. The dealer refused to do it saying that there is more than one dash cluster for puma engines depending on DPF and they are not allowed to code in DPF clusters onto non-DPF defenders (and vice versa I assume), because regulations make it illegal here to mess with any part of the emission system.
Problem is the dash throws up an error when fitted to an non-DPF motor with a warning light and the temp/fuel gauge hitting the roof. We just plugged it into mine to reconfirm and sure enough same thing, light on and gauges move up to the maximum and stay there.

Anyone know if this can be overcome with a scan tool at all, or a patch of some sort via OBD port? I guess the dash is looking for a DPF sensor input from the car and defaults to error mode if doesn't see it.

The dealer is ok transferring the immobiliser and mileage/KMS on the sly, but won't even consider touching the DPF error and apparently very sensitive on even talking about it.

Cost of a new KM cluster here will make you faint, it's over 1000€ plus fitting so my mate is keen to get this £100 one working, understandably. Personally I'm ok running on the original MPH one over here and have show him the KMPH convert inserts available all over, but he wants KM odometer as car impossible to sell here in future without.
Post #585088 14th Dec 2016 7:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1