↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > RedBooster servo clutch
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
BigWheels

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
RedBooster servo clutch
I notice FCX now sells RedBooster servo clutches.

Has anyone got their Puma fitted with one? If so what's it like in use? Will it accelerate clutch/gear wear. Perhaps the ideal fitment to go with Slick Shift? Land Rover Defenders. 67 years heritage, minimal appearance changes, still going strong all over the world. Not a fashion vehicle, but fashionable to own. Made for the needy, not the greedy. Ta ta Defender
Post #582428 3rd Dec 2016 5:30pm
alastaid

United Kingdom 
Hi,

I have just had one fitted to mine, to be honest it was out of necessity as I am on my third left knee op of the year, and the redbooster means I can keep my Defender. I also have a slickshift, all being well I will be able to drive again next week so I can report back on how it drives.

Cheers

Alastair
Post #582727 4th Dec 2016 9:41pm
RoddyK05

Scotland 2004 Defender 90 Td5 SW Yellow
For info, try emailing Rod Barry the UK importer. I'm sure he had one fitted to his own Puma, he can tell you all about it. Just got one fitted to my Td5 by him, it's super light. No accelerarated wear on the clutch as it only works when you press the clutch pedal. If you drive with your foot resting on the clutch, then yes it will cause premature wear problems, but that's a problem with driving style and not the unit. Rod will be happy to answer any questions you might have. Get him on: roderick@johnbarry.co.uk Hope this helps.
Post #582765 4th Dec 2016 11:09pm
Dynaglide

Hi had one fitted on mine for well over a year, best thing I've done, a much more relaxed drive.
I had to move the coolant reservoir to the passenger side, mounted on the plastic inner wing.
I always park in gear and the vacuum tank will hold some pressure for a few days after that it is a little harder to press the clutch peddle before starting.
Post #583137 6th Dec 2016 9:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1