↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Technical > Black Box Solutions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 7 <1234567
Print this entire topic · 
Lorryman100

Pete, the nanocom is showing faults that don't show up on IDS. Not sure what the fault code trigger amount is on IDS or on the nanocom. Have a feeling that nanocom shows all faults even if they only occur once. Also getting a few ghost codes that appear as Fault codes but when you leave them in the ecu (save them on the memory card as a fault file) and recheck after a while they have gone, but the fault was logged as you have it saved in the nanocom fault file. I'm on the laptop just now and all the fault files are stored on the desktop so when I get a chance I'll drop you and Colin a more detailed pm.
Post #57787 8th Feb 2011 8:51pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bell-auto-services

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
I can explaine this, its pritty simple really.

The LR diagnostic tool reads fults in 2 ways, Tested or current DTC's and Non testedornot current or relevent DTC's. It shows them in 2 menus to seperate them both against confusion.

The Nanocom is reading non tested DTC's allong with the tested DTC's and are all shown inone big menu hence why you are seeing more than the LR tool.

Having a good experience and knowlage in developement of diagnostic tools working allong with the BBS team on a few projects i can actually relate to this very very well, and i think i know and could probabally show how Nanocom got to the fault code reading stage its at now from its previous owner and how its diagnostic commands are used to get what you see on the screen and could probabally even pinpoint the source to a specific tool these commands were learnt/reverse engineered from. Whistle

Ill make a few tests and investigations at my end and give an answer to my personal thoughts Very Happy

In a nut shell this is normal for some tools, the only tools at the moment that splits these faults as you would like them to be seen for ease are the LR tool and the BBS MSV2

For reference, the MSV2 gives the user 2 options as you would expect from a real LR level diagnostic tool, Non Tested and Tested DTC's. You can select from either menu option and the tool will display the requested.

Pete
Post #57800 8th Feb 2011 9:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lorryman100

bell-auto-services wrote:

The Nanocom is reading non tested DTC's allong with the tested DTC's and are all shown inone big menu hence why you are seeing more than the LR tool.

I thought that the nanocom was reading to many faults, I didn't know the coding read both tested and non tested DTC's so this goes a long way to explaining some of them. To be honest I disregard a lot of the superfluous codes anyway as the main fault codes show up repeatedly when you have a problem. http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic5443.html

Quote:

Ill make a few tests and investigations at my end and give an answer to my personal thought

As there are a few of us on here with nanocoms, I'm sure that any other info they have learned from their units would be made available to both you and Colin if you need to ask specific questions, or feedback on problems that they have experienced which will help make this tool better. Thumbs Up
Post #57805 8th Feb 2011 9:47pm
bell-auto-services

Do you have your engine ecu software number to hand, im not sure if the Nano shows this as ive not tested personally. Or any info related to the ecu.

Pete
Post #57806 8th Feb 2011 9:54pm
Lorryman100

Ehmmm........not handy, no..........see I'm actually supposed to be working just now, hence why I'm on the laptop Whistle
Post #57810 8th Feb 2011 9:57pm
bell-auto-services

Ahh ok, get to work lol.

If you find it give me a shout or pm.

Pete
Post #57815 8th Feb 2011 10:07pm
Lorryman100

Will do, once I get home from this hard shift Whistle
Post #57859 8th Feb 2011 11:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 7 <1234567