↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Insurance!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
JSG

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
K9F wrote:
No discouragement intended! A little guidance never hurt anyone especially if threads are being repeated on a regular basis. I personally can relate to the excitement he feels as I still experience it each and every time I drive my Defender! As stated in a previous thread his purchase is intended at end of the year! How much of the "up to date' information Zagato seeks will be classed as dated by then as many of the threads including the insurance ones have recent posts anyway! It makes perfect sense to tag on to these, the same people will read them!

Good point there Thumbs Up John

http://www.hampshire4x4response.co.uk

2011 Tdci 110 CSW XS
Post #57602 8th Feb 2011 12:36am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Re: Insurance!
mse wrote:
Zagato wrote:
mse wrote:

For any hardcore land rover owner not to know about Adrian Flux is appauling Rolling with laughter

Ive been with them for at least 7 years it seems maybe 10!

I've used them in the past but found them pricey when renewal comes. They also won't haggle when you threaten to leave unlike F&J, I do it each year Laughing I will certainly give them a call though if they are good on Landies :thumbs,up:

Clearly you havent used them as they advertise (every year) their promise to price match...either that or they dont treat you as a loyal customer.

They have always pricematched - always therefor been the cheapest with Business Use, Off Road Cover, Driving any car, towing etc etc Thumbs Up

I wouldn't be so bold with such statements and wouldn't put too much stock in what companies advertise, or maybe how effective the staff are as they "clearly" didn't price match the Footaman & James price Rolling Eyes I do remember setting one off against the other and F & J came out tops. Thumbs Up but then you say either that or they don't treat you as a loyal customer - what are you on about, dear oh dear

I'm glad my sailing and series forums are not such hard work as this one, this one could certainly do with more people to lighten the mix a bit Rolling Eyes Not sure if it will happen though, there seems to be quite a few members but few people post especially new ones once they have joined - shame!!

Next question without a search Rolling Eyes Anyone know of a Defender/Land Rover forum with less aggro Thumbs Up

EDIT Laughing I'm not the only one then, thanks for the suggestion folks see you on the other side Thumbs Up
Post #57615 8th Feb 2011 8:14am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Ive probably got their "advert" stating they will do that for me as a "loyal customer" - i insure a few cars with them.

Every year (as i keep my insurance records for the past few...i may even have those!)

By far either before or after price matching Flux have come out cheaper - and offer a comprehensive cover (that most of the others dont...despite some actually advertising they do). This year they were cheaper off their initial quote.

Still one car to renew, so ill see what that renewal brings. I would be surprise at Footman James, who in experience has been in the "expensive" grouping.

I would say, when you get over the banter (removing some sensitivities) this is one of the best forums around.

Being a member of many over the year, most are full of politics, rules and up themselves *cough*

Stick around and join in the light hearted banter...one things for sure - this is the definitive forum for the PUMA, the others just dont come close. Mike
Post #57638 8th Feb 2011 9:38am
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Cheers Mike, not going anywhere Thumbs Up There are some very helpful members on here, especially re-Pumas as you say.

It's going to be a looong wait until I get mine Sad All the pictures are keeping me going though Very Happy

Chris
Post #57667 8th Feb 2011 12:45pm
fekete

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Bonatti Grey
It will be worth the wait Zagato....Keep the questions coming mate gives us all something to talk about Thumbs Up NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #57669 8th Feb 2011 12:55pm
BigMike

United Kingdom 
mse wrote:
this is the definitive forum for the PUMA, the others just dont come close.

And without the God-awful text speak and ridiculous machismo of many of the other so called "landrover" forums. Have you seen some of the "signatures" on some of the other forums? Incredible.
Post #57683 8th Feb 2011 1:38pm
JSG

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
BigMike wrote:
mse wrote:

And without the God-awful text speak and ridiculous machismo of many of the other so called "landrover" forums. Have you seen some of the "signatures" on some of the other forums? Incredible.

Ur so rit m8 Mr. Green John

http://www.hampshire4x4response.co.uk

2011 Tdci 110 CSW XS
Post #57687 8th Feb 2011 1:50pm
BigMike

United Kingdom 
ARGH! Laughing
Post #57689 8th Feb 2011 1:51pm
SJM

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Out of interest - I just called "Land Rover Insurance" who have covered my 90XS for last 2 yrs. Always been happy with them, and it allows off-roading - so good cover. Just spoke with them to get a price for changing to the 110 XS Utility SW. They don't cover them Shocked The girl I spoke with didn't really know what the car was - sounded confused and asked lots of questions about how many seats etc. I explained it's a normal 110XS Station Wagon but with no windows in the very back section - "we don't insure them sir". Ok says I, but you are Land Rover Insurance, so that means Land Rover don't offer cover to all their own vehicles?!? Confused

"That's right sir".

Very odd. So now off to call NFU and Adrian Flux base on what I've read on here... Thumbs Up Simon
'11 Defender 110XS Utility SW
'07 Discovery 3 HSE
'58 Porsche 356A (not good off road)
'59 Lambretta (not good on or off road!)
Post #57714 8th Feb 2011 4:24pm
marklockett2103

swifrcover.com... £220 fully comp
Post #57725 8th Feb 2011 5:08pm
bob neville

Spain 2001 Defender 90 Td5 SW Epsom Green
SJM wrote:
Out of interest - I just called "Land Rover Insurance" who have covered my 90XS for last 2 yrs. Always been happy with them, and it allows off-roading - so good cover. Just spoke with them to get a price for changing to the 110 XS Utility SW. They don't cover them Shocked The girl I spoke with didn't really know what the car was - sounded confused and asked lots of questions about how many seats etc. I explained it's a normal 110XS Station Wagon but with no windows in the very back section - "we don't insure them sir". Ok says I, but you are Land Rover Insurance, so that means Land Rover don't offer cover to all their own vehicles?!? Confused

"That's right sir".

Very odd. So now off to call NFU and Adrian Flux base on what I've read on here... Thumbs Up

Simon

I had the same reply from LR Insurance - they don't cover Double Cabs either.

When I asked why, 18 months ago mind, the answer I got was 'we don't cover commercial vehicles sir ' Question

Bob
Post #57728 8th Feb 2011 5:18pm
SJM

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Yep - that's what the girl told me. Really odd! I worked in car insurance for 8 yrs, so totally understand that not all insurers will cover all vehicles etc - I just don't 'get' the fact that official Land Rover Insurance (their own bleeding service!!) does not cover their own vehicles! I realise they outsource the service, but you would think that part of the requirement would be that the insurer can cover the Land Rover product range Rolling with laughter

Makes them look a bit silly in my humble opinion.... Simon
'11 Defender 110XS Utility SW
'07 Discovery 3 HSE
'58 Porsche 356A (not good off road)
'59 Lambretta (not good on or off road!)
Post #57729 8th Feb 2011 5:23pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
JSG wrote:
BigMike wrote:
mse wrote:

Ur so rit m8 Mr. Green

2 for that Thumbs Up

Quote:
Yep - that's what the girl told me. Really odd! I worked in car insurance for 8 yrs, so totally understand that not all insurers will cover all vehicles etc - I just don't 'get' the fact that official Land Rover Insurance (their own bleeding service!!) does not cover their own vehicles! I realise they outsource the service, but you would think that part of the requirement would be that the insurer can cover the Land Rover product range

Makes them look a bit silly in my humble opinion....

One to flag to customer care for a laugh Mike
Post #57736 8th Feb 2011 5:50pm
22900013A

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Keswick Green
That Landrover will not cover commercials (which I presume now means *any* Defender) is absolutely shocking and they should be ashamed.

Q on this point - does this mean they do NOT offer free 7 day insurance then on a USW after collection??? 2011 110 USW
1973 Series III 1-Ton
1972 Series III 1-Ton Cherrypicker
1969 IIA 1-Ton
1966 IIA 88"
Post #57737 8th Feb 2011 5:55pm
willy eckerslike

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HCPU Keswick Green
Just insured the DCPU with NFU Light goods £525,protected NC's, £250 excess, no problem with winch etc, really helpful local branch, my other 90 is with them and because they charge pro rata any days left on the policy I will get back when I cancel it. Plus they agreed to put the new vehicle on full no claims whilst I wait to sell the other/ cancel the policy. Thumbs Up I could get cheaper but not necessarily better. Original Member Pie n Pea Club.
110 HCPU Tipper
Post #57796 8th Feb 2011 9:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>