Home > Puma (Tdci) > Insurance!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
K9F wrote:
No discouragement intended! A little guidance never hurt anyone especially if threads are being repeated on a regular basis. I personally can relate to the excitement he feels as I still experience it each and every time I drive my Defender! As stated in a previous thread his purchase is intended at end of the year! How much of the "up to date' information Zagato seeks will be classed as dated by then as many of the threads including the insurance ones have recent posts anyway! It makes perfect sense to tag on to these, the same people will read them!

Well I would never be so arrogant as to presume to give others advice that you don't know, but maybe riding a bike and posting is a bloody stupid thing to do. I assume you own or manage this site which perhaps gives you the self felt assurance that you are in a position to try and assert the way you would like people to operate on the forum. You are not in such a position are you! You do not have any rights over this forum do you, so back off mush, we are all getting bored with it.

When I buy my Defender and the relevance of those questions is my business. You are being unnecessarily presumptuous. Who are you to judge what questions I ask are appropriate in relation to me acquiring a vehicle. I am looking at anytime time from about a month onwards and definitely hope within the next six months! Nothing is set in stone when buying.

As insinuated in my last post you must have a lot of time to waste on hear. The issue was done and dusted in the last thread and this threads Insurance question was explained from the outset as to why I am asking, (Search results did not bring anything up that was up to date and little that was relevant to the Puma) - your comment on this thread was just another self righteous dig, as said people do not want to hear it all again, move on. I could have equally spent time pulling quotes from the text and from people who have pm'd saying that I have a right to ask questions and that the thread was useful to others. You seem to have got on a few people tits yourself with this and dog shagging comments!!

I agree that searches on some info is relevant but adding some current discussion/questions on to old threads is mad. Just imagine how many pages people would have to wade though on Vehicle Tax, Insurance, Buying etc etc, with most not being relevant or up to date. If it's a problem to you don't read it!

The very nature of a forum is that the same topics come up frequently, but each time they come up it gives a chance for new members to interact and get to know other members new and old. There are some technical threads which are best linked to but even with these, invariably someone will come in with a new angle or tip.

You cannot stop people asking questions that have been done to death and you cannot stop people wanting to respond, it is a forum, that is what goes on, people talk and whats more are happy to other wise there would be no replies on this thread for instance. It's the bread and butter of forums. It may be boring to you as you have been on here for a while but not to us newbies and other existing members, talking is what keeps the forums active for all. I'll say it again you are not required to read any posts, why click on this one for instance. You could see it was me and what I was asking. You just wanted to have another go zzzzzz your bigger than that surely! It's not your front lounge you don't need to know what's going on it, it's every one's front lounge.

I suggest if you really want to continue with this that we pm each other Twisted Evil Very Happy > people want to come on here to enjoy themselves, they don't want to read grief, they get that all day long and I would prefer it if you didn't hijack this thread as the information is useful. It didn't need to come up again did it - let folk carry on with the topic in hand, don't bore them with more stuff. I shall only pm you from now on if you want to carry it on....

Thanks to the posters prior to this one that have responded, we are all getting something from it Thumbs Up

Last edited by Zagato on 7th Feb 2011 9:16pm. Edited 20 times in total
Post #57490 7th Feb 2011 8:13pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
WelshGas

Wales 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Check out Aviva - On-Line. Covered for ALL designated Public Roads ie Non-Surfaced. Business & Private. + European cover. 2010 90 XS. Don't mind mods as long as they are NOT performance related ie: Engine/gearbox/suspension in which case ^ premium maybe. £268 as of December 2010. 6+ years NCD. Do have a 2nd car insured with them - MX5

Checked all this with follow-up phone discussion before purchasing
Post #57497 7th Feb 2011 8:23pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Re: Insurance!
Zagato wrote:
Zagato wrote:
(done a search,wanted Puma specific experiences Thumbs Up)

Christ your not still tetchy K9F zzzzzzz, as said before, don't read the threads if it bothers or tires you. You don't have to read it, complaining bores everyone...

Anyway, back on topic I saw your quote K9F but there were very few others and less so relating to Puma's and premiums can change quite a lot since last year. Heard on the radio all premiums were going up by £200 Shocked

Thanks for your replies folks I'll give Adrian Flux/NFU a call nearer the time. Good to know I'm not in for a lot Thumbs Up

Got to say they are a lovely bit of kit, never been so excited to get anything Thumbs Up

When you agreed the the T&C's of the site in there is says K9F is the search police Thumbs Up

For any hardcore land rover owner not to know about Adrian Flux is appauling Rolling with laughter

Ive been with them for at least 7 years it seems maybe 10! Mike
Post #57527 7th Feb 2011 9:13pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Totally Off Topic Sorry!!!!

Zagato wrote:
but maybe riding a bike and posting is a bloody stupid thing to do.

Are you really that naive?

Zagato wrote:
so back off mush,

Rolling with laughter Playground fighting talk....Grow up!!!! Laughing

Zagato wrote:
As insinuated in my last post you must have a lot of time to waste on hear.

Not as much as you it appears! Should that read 'here?' Pardon? Sorry! Laughing

Zagato wrote:
You seem to have got on a few people tits yourself with this and dog shagging comments!! Thumbs Up

But I like fornicating with fury bundles of joy! Honest!!! Shocked

Zagato,

No need for 'pm's... Please let me apologise publically if it will placate you and feel at ease! If 'I have touched a nerve' which I obviously have from your previous totally absorbing and interesting rant. You are of course 100% correct in your assumption that I have no affiliation to this site other than being a contributor, you clever thing you!. You state that you have accrued several sympathisers and I have no desire to be the perpertrator of you and/or any of your followers 'slipping into a coma' due to boredom from my posts and sense of humour. I feel 'ill at ease' that I have upset you Zagato! Honestly I do!!!
Just to put your mind at rest I wasn't in fact riding a motorcycle, it was a unicycle with no lights on at dusk on the very busy A35, I did feel up to the pot hole incident in full control of my unicycle and confident my journey would be uneventful. The pot holing made my colon twitch and my heart quicken it's pace, an experience I would not wish to repeat. I shall not post whilst riding it again I promise.
Again please accept my unreserved apologies and I wish you well in your quest to purchase a Land Rover Defender and wish the transition for you to be a smooth, reliable, trustworthy, non-repetitive journey that reaches it's conclusion sooner rather than later.

Adrian Flux is a good insurer though! Thumbs Up

Best wishes and please keep the posts coming!!! Thumbs Up Dog Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #57529 7th Feb 2011 9:13pm
22900013A

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Keswick Green
K9F wrote:

Just to put your mind at rest I wasn't in fact riding a motorcycle, it was a unicycle with no lights on at dusk on the very busy A35, I did feel up to the pot hole incident in full control of my unicycle and confident my journey would be uneventful. The pot holing made my colon twitch and my heart quicken it's pace, an experience I would not wish to repeat. I shall not post whilst riding it again I promise.

K9F - that post is fantastic, really made me laugh after a stressful day at work! 2011 110 USW
1973 Series III 1-Ton
1972 Series III 1-Ton Cherrypicker
1969 IIA 1-Ton
1966 IIA 88"
Post #57533 7th Feb 2011 9:19pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Well done Thumbs Up
Post #57536 7th Feb 2011 9:20pm
K9F

22900013A wrote:
K9F - that post is fantastic, really made me laugh after a stressful day at work!

It's good to laugh! Glad to be of service! Thumbs Up I had a stressful one too....Hell of a journey home!!! Rolling with laughter If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #57538 7th Feb 2011 9:22pm
K9F

Zagato wrote:
Well done Thumbs Up

Friends???? Hope so!!!! Thumbs Up I sincerely wish you no ill/bad feelings! That is no bull5h1t!!!!! If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #57540 7th Feb 2011 9:24pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
mse wrote:

For any hardcore land rover owner not to know about Adrian Flux is appauling Rolling with laughter

Ive been with them for at least 7 years it seems maybe 10!

I've used them in the past but found them pricey when renewal comes. They also won't haggle when you threaten to leave unlike F&J, I do it each year Laughing I will certainly give them a call though if they are good on Landies :thumbs,up:

Last edited by Zagato on 7th Feb 2011 9:43pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #57543 7th Feb 2011 9:33pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
K9F wrote:
Zagato wrote:
Well done Thumbs Up

Friends???? Hope so!!!! Thumbs Up I sincerely wish you no ill/bad feelings! That is no bull5h1t!!!!!

Yeah of course mate, all part of the fun, nothing wrong with a bit of argy bargy and seeing where we all settle! Wink I'll have a beer with you anytime Thumbs Up
Post #57544 7th Feb 2011 9:38pm
K9F

Zagato wrote:
Wink I'll have a beer with you anytime Thumbs Up

I don't drink beer....Shall we discuss at length??? Cider - central heating for tramps for me. Thumbs Up Would imbibe in a few willingly too. C'mere let me give you a kiss! Will brush my teeth first though, dog hairs get everywhere! Laughing I'll even teach you to ride unicycle!

Thanks Zagato - no more b4ll busting from me! Sorry mate! Thumbs Up Bet the 'read count' goes skyward! If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #57547 7th Feb 2011 9:46pm
22900013A

K9F wrote:
22900013A wrote:
K9F - that post is fantastic, really made me laugh after a stressful day at work!

It's good to laugh! Glad to be of service! Thumbs Up I had a stressful one too....Hell of a journey home!!! Rolling with laughter

I'm doing my LGV2 driving test tomorrow, so you can imagine what today was like, course started last weds...been, erm, interesting! Sorry for the Off Topic though guys n gals. 2011 110 USW
1973 Series III 1-Ton
1969 IIA 1-Ton
1966 IIA 88"
Post #57548 7th Feb 2011 9:46pm
22900013A

K9F wrote:
Zagato wrote:
Wink I'll have a beer with you anytime Thumbs Up

I don't drink beer....Shall we discuss at length??? Cider - central heating for tramps for me. Thumbs Up Would imbibe in a few willingly too. C'mere let me give you a kiss! Will brush my teeth first though, dog hairs get everywhere! Laughing I'll even teach you to ride unicycle!

Thanks Zagato - no more b4ll busting from me! Sorry mate! Thumbs Up Bet the 'read count' goes skyward!

Good on you both, hate to see these forums where feuds just go on and on and on...as an aside, I can't drink alcohol at all, does my head in sometimes. (medical things). 2011 110 USW
1973 Series III 1-Ton
1969 IIA 1-Ton
1966 IIA 88"
Post #57549 7th Feb 2011 9:48pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Dan don't be sap and get a beer down your neck - medical things Rolling Eyes Medical reason to get Censored yeah Laughing

K9F, ever dropped a couple of aspirin into your Cider and drunk it through a straw - you'll be running around all night matey - like speed Shocked Ah those were the days Laughing Time for a we dram I think, catch you later.
Post #57551 7th Feb 2011 9:59pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Zagato wrote:
mse wrote:

Ive been with them for at least 7 years it seems maybe 10!

I've used them in the past but found them pricey when renewal comes. They also won't haggle when you threaten to leave unlike F&J, I do it each year Laughing I will certainly give them a call though if they are good on Landies :thumbs,up:

Clearly you havent used them as they advertise (every year) their promise to price match...either that or they dont treat you as a loyal customer.

They have always pricematched - always therefor been the cheapest with Business Use, Off Road Cover, Driving any car, towing etc etc Thumbs Up Mike
Post #57587 7th Feb 2011 11:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 6 <123456>