Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Re: Insurance!
Zagato wrote:
(done a search,wanted Puma specific experiences Thumbs Up)

Christ your not still tetchy K9F zzzzzzz, as said before, don't read the threads if it bothers or tires you. You don't have to read it, complaining bores everyone...

Anyway, back on topic I saw your quote K9F but there were very few others and less so relating to Puma's and premiums can change quite a lot since last year. Heard on the radio all premiums were going up by £200 Shocked

Thanks for your replies folks I'll give Adrian Flux/NFU a call nearer the time. Good to know I'm not in for a lot Thumbs Up

Got to say they are a lovely bit of kit, never been so excited to get anything Thumbs Up
Post #57373 7th Feb 2011 2:16pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BigMike

United Kingdom 
RED-DOT wrote:
Dont tell Zigzag but NFU do my 90 for £230 all risks covered even carrying livestock!

£230 quid? I thought you were over 65 actually, so I guess this is the reason why its so cheap.
Post #57387 7th Feb 2011 2:56pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
BigMike wrote:
RED-DOT wrote:
Dont tell Zigzag but NFU do my 90 for £230 all risks covered even carrying livestock!

£230 quid? I thought you were over 65 actually, so I guess this is the reason why its so cheap.

Ahh that would explain this mess - piles!!

Only joshing Red Bot Whistle I see you can take it!

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Last edited by Zagato on 7th Feb 2011 3:18pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #57390 7th Feb 2011 3:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Zagato wrote:
Christ your not still tetchy K9F zzzzzzz, Thumbs Up

Not tetchy but rapidly getting bored of you cluttering up the site with repetetive threads...Just complicates the issue more when searching for information and there are numerous threads on the same subject! Why not give your question a little thought as to where it should be posted and stick your question onto an existing thread with the same/similar title???? This will prevent your 'irksome' habit of producing another thread with exactly the same title or subject as an existing one!

Zagato wrote:
Yes your going to get fed up to the teeth with me by then if you haven't already Twisted Evil

Your own words I believe!!!

party monkey wrote:
Maybe Zag's not hit the search button as often as some would like but that's no crime. K9's made a fair point to mention it and I'm sure Zag will do so in the future, if not already.

Somebody elses words...My comment "Obviously still finding trouble using/finding the search facility!"

Red Dot too had a point or two to air but not as diplomatically as anyone else! Laughing

Please, please Zagato at least give my proposal a little consideration. Regards Mal. Bow down If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #57391 7th Feb 2011 3:17pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Mal if I find the up to date information I am looking for in an old thread, there will certainly be no need to do a search. I do hope your ok with that, I wouldn't want to waste any more of your time.........

Cheers Chris
Post #57395 7th Feb 2011 3:27pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
NFU for me, business and pleasure use. Can't remember the amount but they've given me consistently good service for years. I only deal with my local office though. Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #57404 7th Feb 2011 4:19pm
WarPig

England 1996 Defender 110 300 Tdi USW Bonatti Grey
NFU have increased my renewal premium by £250 without any change in circumstances Big Cry

Im now looking elsewhere.
Post #57424 7th Feb 2011 4:53pm
RED-DOT

Scotland 
[quote="Zagato"]
BigMike wrote:
RED-DOT wrote:

Ahh that would explain this mess - piles!!
I am 53 and know how not to get ripped... as Disco says i am a tight Scottish Censored .... 2008 RS4 gone, 123d M Sport, and a Puma 90 XS..
Post #57425 7th Feb 2011 4:53pm
JSG

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
K9F wrote:
Not tetchy but rapidly getting bored of you cluttering up the site with repetetive threads...Just complicates the issue more when searching for information and there are numerous threads on the same subject! Why not give your question a little thought as to where it should be posted and stick your question onto an existing thread with the same/similar title???? This will prevent your 'irksome' habit of producing another thread with exactly the same title or subject as an existing one!

Jeez, let's lighten up a bit. He's keen, excited will be a great contributor to Defender2 I'm sure. To be fair it is never easy searching for threads - sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, and is therefore easier to just ask.

I'm sure he'll get more used to searching - we don't want to discourage any new members do we? Thumbs Up John

http://www.hampshire4x4response.co.uk

2011 Tdci 110 CSW XS
Post #57427 7th Feb 2011 4:56pm
K9F

No discouragement intended! A little guidance never hurt anyone especially if threads are being repeated on a regular basis. I personally can relate to the excitement he feels as I still experience it each and every time I drive my Defender! As stated in a previous thread his purchase is intended end of the year! How much of the "up to date' information Zagato seeks will be classed as dated by then as many of the threads including the insurance ones have recent posts??? If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #57446 7th Feb 2011 6:33pm
K9F

No discouragement intended! A little guidance never hurt anyone especially if threads are being repeated on a regular basis. I personally can relate to the excitement he feels as I still experience it each and every time I drive my Defender! As stated in a previous thread his purchase is intended at end of the year! How much of the "up to date' information Zagato seeks will be classed as dated by then as many of the threads including the insurance ones have recent posts anyway! It makes perfect sense to tag on to these, the same people will read them! If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #57447 7th Feb 2011 6:38pm
K9F

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Bit of finger trouble travelling back from work. Hit a pot hole and posted it three times! Was going to delete but thought I'd follow the lead and instead of duplicating threads will start with posts instead!!! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Posting whilst riding a motorcycle not recommended!! Laughing If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #57448 7th Feb 2011 6:40pm
22900013A

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Keswick Green
I actually had a call from NFU today asking for info as I asked for a quote for business use, they were also really heplful regarding the 5% discount which they can sort for me, just got see what the quotes come back as but I have heard from many sources they are (one of) the best for Defenders. 2011 110 USW
1973 Series III 1-Ton
1972 Series III 1-Ton Cherrypicker
1969 IIA 1-Ton
1966 IIA 88"
Post #57465 7th Feb 2011 7:22pm
BigMike

United Kingdom 
I talked to NFU recently about switching to them because they do a green card for morocco which none of the others will do (to my knowledge). the NFU girl said that insurance across the board had risen by upto 70% and to stay where I was for now. I asked for quote anyway and it was £760. I have max no claims, no points, and have the Rospa Advanced cert (gold - get me Laughing ) oh and I don't live in a dodgy area. I currently pay £350 with Flux (they are aware of modifications and there is no premium for them)
Post #57477 7th Feb 2011 7:34pm
Defenderno9

I had my 2008 Puma 110 hard top insured with NFU last year. Premium £356. Renewal was £630 so I looked elsewhere and am now with LV. Just paid £307 with £20 cash back. £200 excess, protected & legal. I am 54 with no claims for 31 years.

I understand NFU increased their premiums from 1st January and many of us are a little surprised at the increases.

Defender no 9
Post #57478 7th Feb 2011 7:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 6 <123456>