↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Technical > Black Box Solutions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
bell-auto-services

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
nakatanenga wrote:
@pete BAS: why so agressive? We are trying our best to give support to our customers. We were hit in the middle of the face by the management changes so we could not reorder stock and fullfill all orders. Is that my fault?

Or is it my fault that existing customers have problems to register units?

I don't think so.

I believe we on't know each other from face to face but that could help to clear some issues you seem to have with me.

Im not agressive, im trying to settle the minds of the forum users and their purchases made of a good tool. I know you will support them as the supplier just as Nanocom/BBS will but they still dont beleive lol. But may be a post from you as the supplier earler in this thread would of helped them settle also.

I know about the management changes just as you do and when things like this happen it sometimes makes thnigs complicated for all, and its no ones fault it just needs to be delt with.

Regarding issues you think i have with you. I dont have any lol, its you who are jumping the gun thinking so hehe.

Pete

Last edited by bell-auto-services on 26th Jan 2011 9:59pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #55218 26th Jan 2011 9:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pom

BBS SPY wrote:
I really cannot believe all the woeful crap being bandied about here. Shame on you all.
TBH i am pretty tired of hearing nothing but worry and complaint and self centered concern.

I will not go into detail other than to so support Pete in his instinct, knowledge and trust in us and would advise everyone to follow suit and trust in us to always do the right thing, as he instinctively does. And all credit to him.

We really could have just just totally canned the Nanocom product altogether and perhaps those bitching about support option possibilities to existing owners might yet persuade me to do so yet !!!

Perhaps existing owners should consider your guaranteed support rights then !!!

Otherwise you can shut the Feck up and allow me to get on with trying to make the support level you used to have, ie sending an e-mail and hoping you got a reply, and hoping the guy behind Nanocom, Mattia might some day get enough time to work on bug fixes and post up new software for all, workable
last month, you would have been lucky to get any response at all to an E-mail to support@nanocom.it but today any one of half a dozen BBS staff will respond almost instantly.

Is that not an improvement for every owner ???

the histrionics aside, if it was such a bad product why did you buy it / set the legals on Mattia ? I don't get that, other to take out the competition and kill the product.

You also still haven't answered the question as to will you be supporting current owners now that you have bought out Mattia ?

I'm not Richard Branson but telling your customer to feck off probably isn't the best way to get them to part with their hard earned. I may be wrong.

Chill out and just let people know where they stand, not too much to ask ?

Pom
Post #55219 26th Jan 2011 9:59pm
bell-auto-services

Pom, he said existing customers will get what they would have got direct from nanocom, suppost on the nanocom.it site via email which will be answered by Mattia or BBS staff, simples.
Post #55220 26th Jan 2011 10:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
nakatanenga

Germany 
Ok! I just wrote "you seem to have" For my poor english understanding this is a kind of "might have"

I was quite long very quiet here about this thread but there need to be some clear words by the new owners. I will send a mail to Colin as well and i hope on an early reply WANTED:

SII or SIII in max 1.5k
Post #55221 26th Jan 2011 10:03pm
bell-auto-services

Thumbs Up
Post #55224 26th Jan 2011 10:21pm
alantd

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Wow! what a mess we've all gotten ourselves into.

@BAS: I trust your instinct - they're obviously trying to figure it all out and it takes time.

@BBS SPY: calm down dear.
Mike is right - the fastest way to kill your reputation (regardless of the quality of your product) is to mismanage your profile online. If you're going to contribute at all, it needs to be constructive - remember this one of the most significant parts of your marketing activity. There's a lot of group buy activity here and a lot of word of mouth influencing - just ask Nakatanenga how many glove boxes he's sold to us Wink
If we trust you, we'll buy your product. If we don't we'll find alternatives. We all appreciate the significant job you've got to do and the realities of business but we are the customers - if your sales people told customers to shut the feck up you'd sack them.
We're all pretty forgiving and want you to succeed. Your friends vouch for you so lets put the past behind us and move on.

@"people who have already bought the evolution": You already have a great product. You didn't have much support before. You would have had no support going forward since they'd gone bust. Be happy that you'll get some in the future Very Happy

@"people who haven't bought one yet": If you need it right away and are worried, buy something else. If you don't need it urgently (which includes Glyn and myself), wait a bit until stock arrives and things settle down. A month should do it I reckon.

Why can't we all just get along? Big Cry One that started out as a 2.4 TDCi 110 XS
+ New Defender 110 First Edition
Post #55280 27th Jan 2011 12:32pm
bell-auto-services

alantd wrote:

@BAS: I trust your instinct - they're obviously trying to figure it all out and it takes time.

Thank you for the kind comment i appreciate it , as i think you do understand i know BBS and trust what they will do is in the best interests of ALL and not just them selfs.

alantd wrote:

@"people who have already bought the evolution": You already have a great product. You didn't have much support before. You would have had no support going forward since they'd gone bust. Be happy that you'll get some in the future Very Happy

Another great point made and understood, i wish all could understand the same lol.

Id like to just clarify, BBS are not a ten a penny company that will just give up when faced a problem caused with a product. They will support that product the best they can and will always try to be fare towards all customers.
Ive been a BBS customer since 2005 beleive it or not and the support ive needed for my hardware has always been given to me when needed.

Ive visited the BBS offices personally my self and i can guarentee that BBS arnt going to disappear into the mist like some tool producers would have if not rescued, YES rescued from the fait of bankcrupcy.

So infact BBS have saved your bacon as you would have nothing left in respect of Nanocom support if it were not for them taking it over.

Pete

Last edited by bell-auto-services on 27th Jan 2011 2:39pm. Edited 3 times in total
Post #55289 27th Jan 2011 1:30pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor

Cyprus 
Much calmer this morning thanks, and i have decided to simply ignore the obvious stirrers altogether. Wink

Had a long think and I have decided to simply close the BBS technical support forum section we created for the NANOCOM altogether.

All support will now be provided soley via the origional method (Support@nanocom.it) and the reserved area for downloading upgrades etc as per origional expectation.

Technical Support will be provided as best we are able to all NANOCOM owners, old and new.

Re the massive price hike, its no secret, as it is for sale on our shop for anyone who wants to look, it went up by a staggering 23 Euro, which interestingly is almost the same as the 10% discount we offer to established forum members of this board. Buy a a few and they actually come much cheaper than before. I have also added expansion options in the form of additional model unlock codes.

further assumption that i will somehow change the system to be vin locked is also completely unfounded as is the assumption that i would not provide future developments for the product.
Post #55302 27th Jan 2011 2:29pm
JSG

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
BBS SPY wrote:
Much calmer this morning thanks, and i have decided to simply ignore the obvious stirrers altogether. Wink

Had a long think and I have decided to simply close the BBS technical support forum section we created for the NANOCOM altogether.

All support will now be provided soley via the origional method (Support@nanocom.it) and the reserved area for downloading upgrades etc as per origional expectation.

Technical Support will be provided as best we are able to all NANOCOM owners, old and new.

Re the massive price hike, its no secret, as it is for sale on our shop for anyone who wants to look, it went up by a staggering 23 Euro, which interestingly is almost the same as the 10% discount we offer to established forum members of this board. Buy a a few and they actually come much cheaper than before. I have also added expansion options in the form of additional model unlock codes.

further assumption that i will somehow change the system to be vin locked is also completely unfounded as is the assumption that i would not provide future developments for the product.

Your choice, but I think your attidude may lose you future customers as people expect a decent level of support for any product they buy.

I was intending to buy a Nanocom this year - if I were to purchase it form you I would expect you to provide a level of support form your own expertise - not refer me on to someone else.

If you decide to proceed as above then I guess many of us will look elsewhere. John

http://www.hampshire4x4response.co.uk

2011 Tdci 110 CSW XS
Post #55310 27th Jan 2011 3:05pm
Lorryman100

BBS SPY wrote:

Thanks for this post Colin as it answers every ones questions. Thumbs Up Although posted earlier it would have ended all the scare mongering and stirring Whistle
Unfortunately human nature always seeks out the worst in any given situation when there is a lack of solid information. Although BAS has tried, it is always better to hear it direct from the horses mouth, so to speak!

I will stick to the nanocom as it is a good bit of kit, and does everything I want it to straight out of the box. I have found some typos but can live with that and everything else works as I spent an afternoon testing and trying all the functions on my Puma. I agree with your decision Colin to have all the support and upgrades through the Nanocom website, it makes sense in my view to keep the Nanocom site for all old and new customers.
As to the shut the feck up post? I'm an adult and I'll take it in the context it was given, exasperation! There was a geniune need for official information and as there was none minds start a wondering! I can see both sides to this thread and hopefully now with Colin's answer we can look forward to a great tool being around for a while longer. Because for me it is the tool I need and want and I don't really care who supplies it or the support, just as long as the tool is available, and that's what BBS has ensured. Thumbs Up
Post #55316 27th Jan 2011 3:42pm
bell-auto-services

JSG wrote:

Your choice, but I think your attidude may lose you future customers as people expect a decent level of support for any product they buy.

I was intending to buy a Nanocom this year - if I were to purchase it form you I would expect you to provide a level of support form your own expertise - not refer me on to someone else.

If you decide to proceed as above then I guess many of us will look elsewhere.

He is offering HIS support, it just so happens ALL nanocom owners will now get it from the same place ???
By the looks of it he cant win with nanocom owners,

if he gives special treatemnt to new nanocom owners is is doing wrong.
if he makes all nanocom owners get the same level of support he is wrong

how can he win ?
Does he please the old, the new , or as it is ALL owners with support from the same place ?

pete
Post #55321 27th Jan 2011 4:15pm
JSG

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
I may have have misunderstood then Pete - I didn't read it as that, my mistake. John

http://www.hampshire4x4response.co.uk

2011 Tdci 110 CSW XS
Post #55324 27th Jan 2011 4:32pm
bell-auto-services

Lorryman100 wrote:

Thanks for this post Colin as it answers every ones questions. Thumbs Up Although posted earlier it would have ended all the scare mongering and stirring Whistle
Unfortunately human nature always seeks out the worst in any given situation when there is a lack of solid information. Although BAS has tried, it is always better to hear it direct from the horses mouth, so to speak!

Your right i tried untill my head was blue lol, though its a little off putting for me that my info was "not solid eniough ! " for the forum even though they know me and most of them personally.

Most of the forum know me by now and i will say it how it is, ive no need to chat rubbish on here and in PM to members telling them lies about Nanocom or BBS, what ive posted in my posts is fact, not heresay.

As you are all aware Colin and my self have a good working relation ship and if i say BBS are going to do something because i was told by BBS it will be done, i then have no fear in stating on a forum it will be done !!

The trust i have for and from him is far more than any 300 quid tool, so in reality ive far far more to loose than you guys believe me.

Lorryman100 wrote:

I will stick to the nanocom as it is a good bit of kit, and does everything I want it to straight out of the box. I have found some typos but can live with that and everything else works as I spent an afternoon testing and trying all the functions on my Puma. I agree with your decision Colin to have all the support and upgrades through the Nanocom website, it makes sense in my view to keep the Nanocom site for all old and new customers.

I also agree that this option is best all round.

Regarding the Typos, dont just live with it !!, put it in YOUR support section via email and when the staff have time for the next update im sure you will find they are corrected.

This is what this thread is about, YOUR support you want as a customer,, use it thats what its their for !!

Pete

Last edited by bell-auto-services on 27th Jan 2011 6:49pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #55325 27th Jan 2011 4:33pm
pom

Pete

Thanks for the update it does help. Personally as a previous customer of yours I have no doubt over your service at all, its just that your a middleman as far as BBS goes and he could pull the plug on you at any time. Not saying he will of course just that he can.

The legal T&C on BBS website (click support button then read item 1 of support policy)specifically exclude nanocom as it isn't listed. Now this may be a case of just not getting round to updating his website but in the meantime I can't see any official reference to nanocom support.

Until I see in black and white that nanocom will get exactly the same support as a faultmate then I wont be purchasing one.

thanks

Pom
Post #55345 27th Jan 2011 5:30pm
bell-auto-services

pom wrote:

The legal T&C on BBS website (click support button then read item 1 of support policy)specifically exclude nanocom as it isn't listed. Now this may be a case of just not getting round to updating his website but in the meantime I can't see any official reference to nanocom support.

Until I see in black and white that nanocom will get exactly the same support as a faultmate then I wont be purchasing one.

thanks

Pom

humm, the support is not from the BBS site though really, its from, nanocom.it. though that said as you have pointed out i recon this is more of an overlooked site rule which was writen before the nanocom take over and im sure it will get ammended if needed.

But the answer is still from Colins mouth here, your support is on the nano.it site not bbs site.

Again going back to a post i made arround the 26th December when i offered units for sale before any bulk buys were completed, i stated i will have units soon and of course i will support them in respect of updates available, i will give your warranty on them, i will give replacement units out when needed if failure happens and i will be on the end of the phone and email just as with everything i sell to help for free where needed.

Pete
Post #55349 27th Jan 2011 5:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>