↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Technical > Black Box Solutions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
pom

Quote:
POM: shame on you for jumping to such conclusions.

Quote:
As it happens, Prices have gone up slightly,

Rolling with laughter

Sorry Colin couldnt resist Thumbs Up

Pom
Post #54707 23rd Jan 2011 8:17pm
alantd

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Ok. - I've obviously missed something.
BBS and Nanocom are the same company now - that's why everything went quiet for a while - right?

In which case, can I buy Nanocom through BBS?

Basically I'm interested in the evolution - and obviously for the best price - and Pete at Nakatenga said the supply had dried up. Can someone (Colin) suggest the best course of action?

Ta. Thumbs Up One that started out as a 2.4 TDCi 110 XS
+ New Defender 110 First Edition
Post #54715 23rd Jan 2011 9:33pm
bell-auto-services

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
alantd wrote:
Ok. - I've obviously missed something.
BBS and Nanocom are the same company now - that's why everything went quiet for a while - right?

Yes this is why sales at Nanocom went quite for some time.

alantd wrote:

In which case, can I buy Nanocom through BBS?

The only place to buy a Nanocom will by via BBS or its distributors, all should be back to normal very soon so it wont be long before supply and support will be back on track, and better than it ever was.

alantd wrote:

Basically I'm interested in the evolution - and obviously for the best price - and Pete at Nakatenga said the supply had dried up.

Yes, his supply at the time was limited to a very few units which was taken up in the forum offer.

alantd wrote:
Can someone (Colin) suggest the best course of action?

Yes, sit tight it wont be long before you will have one Thumbs Up

Pete
Post #54717 23rd Jan 2011 9:53pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bell-auto-services

mse wrote:
Nanocom is the best one on the market in my opinion

Same deal different case, different screen options etc etc Whistle

walfy wrote:
Care to share your opinion? That way others who might be in the market could make an educated guess as to what they buy from a real time owner

The owner of Nanocom tools and BBS tools is BBS, buy from BBS or a BBS dealer. Mr. Green

Pete

Last edited by bell-auto-services on 23rd Jan 2011 10:04pm. Edited 2 times in total
Post #54718 23rd Jan 2011 9:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
alantd

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Legend. Thanks Pete.

Warranty up now so I'll be coming your way soon for some fine tuning Wink One that started out as a 2.4 TDCi 110 XS
+ New Defender 110 First Edition
Post #54720 23rd Jan 2011 9:59pm
bell-auto-services

Re: Black Box Solutions
BigMike wrote:
There's been a lot of talk recently about Nanocom, but what about the BBS product? Does it give the code and the actual fault?

It will give the code found and the fault text for that code just as landrover would.

If you forget the text output but you remember the "P" code number you can enter it on my web page for a refresh using the search box found top left.

www.bellautoservices.co.uk

pete
Post #54721 23rd Jan 2011 10:07pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
bell-auto-services wrote:
mse wrote:
Nanocom is the best one on the market in my opinion

Same deal different case, different screen options etc etc Whistle

Pete

I'll reserve judgement...nanocom was better than bbs offering - but I'll wait and see how they honour current owners into their 12months and beyond. Mike
Post #54723 23rd Jan 2011 10:15pm
bell-auto-services

I agree the Nano Evo is a trick looking bit of kit for sure and a lot better than the first Nanocom LCD version. As for its software internally as above really, same deal in both tools with the exception of the MSV2 which is far advanced with more functionality than any other non dealer tool ive seen.

Regarding the warranty on the lastest offer that has just taken place, Pete at Nakatenga was the point of sale so i assume he will have to stand the warranty. Though im sure BBS will naturaly still support it for information and firmware upgrades without question.

Pete

Last edited by bell-auto-services on 23rd Jan 2011 10:24pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #54724 23rd Jan 2011 10:21pm
mse

I agree the Nano Evo is a trick looking bit of kit for sure and a lot better than the first Nanocom LCD version. As for its functionality as above really, same deal in both tools with the exception of the MSV2 which is far advanced than any other non dealer tool ive seen.

Regarding the warranty on the lastest offer that has just taken place, Pete at Nakatenga was the point of sale so i assume he will have to stand the warranty. Though im sure BBS will still support it for information and firmware upgrades without question.

Pete

Let's hope so on warranty/ updates/ support/ comptability etc

I wont be drawn on the rest. Mike
Post #54725 23rd Jan 2011 10:24pm
T1G UP

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Orkney Grey
ahh, so the BAS box is a BBS product?

i never got my evo Thumbs Up even though a was the first on the list Rolling with laughter

so what changes are ahead for the bbs evo? will it be better, more functionality etc or just brought in line with bbs's kit / prices
Post #54726 23rd Jan 2011 10:37pm
bell-auto-services

No the BAS interface is not a BBS product, they are both different types of products made by different companys.

Im not in a position to speak much about the future upgrades for Nanocom EVO, though i beleive its going to be fruitfull Very Happy

Pete
Post #54728 23rd Jan 2011 10:51pm
walpoleer

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 SW Auto Epsom Green

Regarding the warranty on the latest offer that has just taken place, Pete at Nakatenga was the point of sale so i assume he will have to stand the warranty. Though I'm sure BBS will naturally still support it for information and firmware upgrades without question.

Pete
Big Cry This is a bit different to the picture painted about how this was good for nanocom customers when BBS first did the deal. As for support for the older nancoms I would draw your attention to the post on the Landyzone forum, BBS will not register you for support unless the unit was bought from them, as for the warranty issue, was nanocom sold as insolvent and with out liability, as if they were bought as a functioning company then the warranties would transfer to the new owner. All be the point of sale as the first point of call, they should have support from the new owners. or are we seeing some underhand tactics at work. seems I may have been a bit premature to have looked forward to seeing BBS and the increased support they offered, especially if its not offer to nanocom existing customers. Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused just starting out and getting it all wrong..so I'am told, and have a disco 2 but thats not an option as it was the wife choice. and she has never known herself to be wrong.
Post #55045 25th Jan 2011 11:36pm
bell-auto-services

I can only asume they will support the nanocom tool as they will be still developing updates and producing them, what that support consists of i dont know. Im also a nanocom and bbs tool owner with my investements in mind but im not worried as i beleive all will work out fine in the end.

I cant comment on the forum support thing as up untill now the new Nanocom section was not part of the BBS support forum and it was only BBS tool owners that had access, ive not read on Landyzone recently so am unsure whats been said over their.

Pete
Post #55052 26th Jan 2011 12:09am
BigMike

United Kingdom 
walpoleer wrote:

Regarding the warranty on the latest offer that has just taken place, Pete at Nakatenga was the point of sale so i assume he will have to stand the warranty. Though I'm sure BBS will naturally still support it for information and firmware upgrades without question.

Pete
Big Cry This is a bit different to the picture painted about how this was good for nanocom customers when BBS first did the deal. As for support for the older nancoms I would draw your attention to the post on the Landyzone forum, BBS will not register you for support unless the unit was bought from them, as for the warranty issue, was nanocom sold as insolvent and with out liability, as if they were bought as a functioning company then the warranties would transfer to the new owner. All be the point of sale as the first point of call, they should have support from the new owners. or are we seeing some underhand tactics at work. seems I may have been a bit premature to have looked forward to seeing BBS and the increased support they offered, especially if its not offer to nanocom existing customers. Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

Thats not necessarily true. it depends under which countrys law the contract of sale/purchase was drawn upon. Since it seems like its italy and cyprus, with a german retailer involved with some sales, in terms of UK law re warranty and consumer protection, the short answer is there is none no matter what happened. But still, if you look at it positively, BBS would be a bit daft to leave its end users of the nano product out in the cold, it could kill future business
Post #55053 26th Jan 2011 12:14am
mse

BigMike wrote:
walpoleer wrote:

Pete
Big Cry This is a bit different to the picture painted about how this was good for nanocom customers when BBS first did the deal. As for support for the older nancoms I would draw your attention to the post on the Landyzone forum, BBS will not register you for support unless the unit was bought from them, as for the warranty issue, was nanocom sold as insolvent and with out liability, as if they were bought as a functioning company then the warranties would transfer to the new owner. All be the point of sale as the first point of call, they should have support from the new owners. or are we seeing some underhand tactics at work. seems I may have been a bit premature to have looked forward to seeing BBS and the increased support they offered, especially if its not offer to nanocom existing customers. Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

Thats not necessarily true. it depends under which countrys law the contract of sale/purchase was drawn upon. Since it seems like its italy and cyprus, with a german retailer involved with some sales, in terms of UK law re warranty and consumer protection, the short answer is there is none no matter what happened. But still, if you look at it positively, BBS would be a bit daft to leave its end users of the nano product out in the cold, it could kill future business

There are some protections however, but im sure Peter will be supportive.

As for the landy forum - just went to check it out (as im not a member) http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/f8/warning-n...815-2.html

At the moment the Puma kit works fine. Mike
Post #55054 26th Jan 2011 12:21am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>