↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Comfier suspension options?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
RobKeay

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Been upgrading a 90 with the alive kit. The rear anti roll bar was fitted first along with just the rear springs and shocks. Ran out of time. The difference in the way it turned into a corner was brilliant. We now have all the bits on less the steering damper and it drives really nice.

Think I will put the b6 shocks and Arb on the 110 next.
Post #500673 4th Feb 2016 11:44pm
JOE_130

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Java Black
Hello all,

Don't want to interrupt the flow of this thread as its good to see Alive are heeding the call for 110 USW!

Just another option, we fitted fox 2.0 OEM replacement shocks to our 90 with some upgraded bushes (can't remember the name but could find out) to replace the ten year old standard ones and its transformed it. Long story short I organised a tank experience for my brother's stag do last year and the quote from my godfather who ended up following the tank in the 90 out of the site was "I didn't realise I shouldn't be able to do that?" as he followed it over a really nasty broken concrete surface at 30-40mph.

Going to be putting the same shocks with an optional upgrade to remote reservoirs to aid cooling on my 130 this year before we do a trip to the Pyrenees.

Only problem with foxes is they do have a 30,000 mile service interval. Not had ours serviced yet but I've never seen that as a problem. I've had bike and quad air shocks serviced by fox in the UK before, outstanding customer service, really rapid service, and the shock comes back looking better than new.

Joe
Post #500755 5th Feb 2016 10:07am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345