↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > What Did You Do In Your Defender Today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 837 of 1375 <123 ... 836837838 ... 137313741375>
Print this entire topic · 
excossack

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 110 Td5 SW Caledonian Blue
I thought so. It was when the top thread popped out through the shock turret
A quick check of the Haynes manual....and yep I had it wrong Sad 1999 Defender TD5 110

Regards
John M0VAZ
Econet Station 48 no clock
Post #444650 9th Aug 2015 9:04pm
Vitesse

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Hedlamp wiring upgrade
continued with the bespoke headlamp wiring upgrade... connected up the off side lamp and positioned the conduit across the front. Just need to make final connections under the drivers seat for the relays into the Blue sea box. Thumbs Up

2015 90 XS Santorini Black

Last edited by Vitesse on 10th Aug 2015 12:34pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #444837 10th Aug 2015 12:30pm
bluebottle

United Kingdom 
Washed it and polished it with Autoglym yesterday - seems to have made the greenlaning bramble scars a little better... 2005 110 XS - Cairns Blue "Bertha" - Gone, and sorely missed
Post #444839 10th Aug 2015 12:33pm
PDH

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Ordered myself a new BAS2 RRC tool, new intercooler and silicon hose set Very Happy

All I need now is the 90 to arrive so I can actually fit them...nothing like a bit of predelivery shopping though Rolling with laughter Puma 2.2 90 Stationwagon
Post #445221 11th Aug 2015 7:13pm
mrd1990

Wales 2000 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Epsom Green
Out until 3am enjoying the perseid meteor shower.. foldup seats and a flask of tea highly recommended for this type of activity. I regret not bringing gloves and a hat as well...

Click image to enlarge

Post #445264 11th Aug 2015 9:35pm
grumpy old git

United Kingdom 
Oil and filter change, gearbox and transfer oil change..... then I was called in for dinner Thumbs Up
Post #445278 11th Aug 2015 10:16pm
Swac3

Finally got around to fitting the new rear anti roll bar links that have been sat in the barn since last years MOT, oh yeah and booked this years MOT Rolling Eyes 3 Landrovers
Post #445285 11th Aug 2015 10:28pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
mrd1990 wrote:
Out until 3am enjoying the perseid meteor shower.. foldup seats and a flask of tea highly recommended for this type of activity. I regret not bringing gloves and a hat as well...

Click image to enlarge

Love the old red telephone box,....Haven't seen one in Aus for AGES. In Aus, those sorts of facilities are the subject of terrible & widespread vandalism, graffiti etc.
Pickles.
Post #445307 11th Aug 2015 11:00pm
ROBBONTHEROCK

Scotland 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Firenze Red
Had a good days spannering on the Landy today Wink

Completed:-

1) Fitted new Snow Cowl from Mud Stuff;
2) Fitted new fan belt;
3) Fitted new idler pulley c/w bearing assy;
4) Fitted new idler pulley c/w bearing assy (where the air con I think is meant to be mounted);
5) Fitted new LUX LED Indicator light to the stern of the landy (still had original fitted all others are LED, for some reason this one was still left as original;
6) Fitted new front LUX LED indicator - old one was cracked and had a few LED's out;
7) Fitted new LUX LED Fog Light (old one wasn't broken - doh, just broken wires, so fixed the wires and sod it put the new LED on instead Laughing ;
8 ) Fitted new rear washer fitting;

Had a chance to play with my new TD5 Fan spanners i bought off of eBay back in March - fantastic - refitting the belt is soooooomuch easier with the fan out of the way Rolling Eyes Rolling with laughter

So now just got to figure out and order a new set of wheel bearings, seals, half shafts and driven flanges for the rear axle. Will do those next week - maybe.

Thought my Diff was badly worn, but took a wheel off yesterday to get rid of a stone trapped on the disk and noticed that the slop between the half shaft and the driven flanges is obscene. That needs fixing before any further long drives!!!

I'm an ex diesel fitter, now an engineer sitting at my desk all day in Aberdeen, so it feels so good to be exercising my old trade skills Smile

Cheers
Andy
Post #445499 12th Aug 2015 5:01pm
Vintage Claret

England 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Montalcino Red
New bits!
Today I fitted wheel cover which I had painted for 40 quids! . . Added the side steps .... Roof light bar next and some drls...

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Tina and Alan
Post #445529 12th Aug 2015 6:51pm
Swac3

Just a short mooch round, after fitting new rear discs and pads, left hub was a be-ach to get off the hub rhs was cake go figure. Surprised

Gary 3 Landrovers
Post #445531 12th Aug 2015 7:04pm
cozz

is that a rigid wheel cover with vinyl sides

Im after one, seems there is not as much choice as there used to be, must be going out of fashion
Post #445566 12th Aug 2015 9:19pm
JWL

England 2002 Defender 110 Td5 SW Coniston Green
Did a bit of a garden tidy up today. Demolished the boys old playhouse that I had made about 12 years ago and moved a couple of garden sheds into the space. Pulled a tree stump out with the winch and then winched our old Freelander into the garden to free up space out on the front. The Freelander is one of those projects that I'll get round to one day, it had a spectacular cam belt failure and my ex wife kept trying to start it on the key. I do have another engine to put in but as it's only worth £250 when all up and running with MoT it can wait until the boy is old enough to drive or if my 110 has a big problem it wouldn't take much to put on the road so the 110 can be fixed properly.
It certainly turned out to be an interesting winching, as it needed to be "backed" in requiring the winch cable to be anchored from a point behind the Freelander then running the cable under the motor back to the winch. It certainly gave the boy an education in parallel parking, well it was hot and my temper suffers Whistle
Post #445584 12th Aug 2015 10:29pm
Bastion

United Kingdom 
I drove mine for the first time today.

After years of thinking, months of planning and building, weeks of waiting. It came down to the two of us, an ipod and open lanes under a setting sun.

And it was good….

The experience for me can best be described as 'Active Participation'. From gear selection to road reading to then consciously navigating everything from traffic to potholes to flooded roads and broken asphalt, there is involvement and gears turning upstairs as the wheels do down. The vehicle is weighty but not 'heavy' it moves when asked and although I still don't know what first gear is for, second makes a case for existing and third wants to be friends forever. It's a hugely interesting drive. Unlike most of the vehicles on the road today, it demands a driving profile that is distinct. By this I mean that whilst you can get out of a Mercedes and into a BMW or Lexus and drive them the same way, you can't do that from a Land Cruiser to or maybe any other vehicle to a Defender, and surely not one that you've modified in any particular way. I've driven a handful of manuals but to a degree it's almost like starting anew. There is nothing generic about it. And over the course of a few hours, roads which were previously rambunctious, throwing around smaller cars, were tamed, oncoming drivers itching with impatience calmed, and after an evening's driving I can say if the rhythm was music, it'd be the hipest funky jazz.

I can't believe I hesitated..

Actually that was all yesterday, but it counts because it was so good, with almost nowhere to go, I did it all again today…

one problem though that i noticed yesterday and was quite a bit of an issue today.. The transfer box jumps out of hi-range into neutral. Yesterday I thought i may have inadvertently nudged it but today i'm sure I didn't. Yesterday i was going about 20 on a quiet road, today I was doing about 60 on a duel carriageway when I lost drive.

This is a problem.

I'm not sure what the issue is, gears not meshing properly or something with the transfer lever.. I've always engaged the transfer box whilst at a standstill. It's a bit of a dampener and since it's happened on each drive i've been on it's clearly an issue and needs to be sorted out because the vehicle can't go anywhere without me being confident that it won't happen again. I haven't even been on the highway yet and i'm not sure that I can at the moment.

Also anyone know how much punishment the transfer case can sustain? The vehicle doesn't even have 40kms on it and i've had to put it into hi-range from neutral while going about 20-30. It really didn't like it but i'm sure would have liked it a lot less if someone had smashed into the back of it.

Ah.. Defender ownership ey..
Post #445598 12th Aug 2015 11:34pm
Venomator

United Kingdom 
Re: New bits!
Vintage Claret wrote:
Today I fitted wheel cover which I had painted for 40 quids! . . Added the side steps .... Roof light bar next and some drls...

Click image to enlarge
Now that I really do like... Thumbs Up

And certainly worth a serious look at just £40... Shocked

By the by, if you open your pics in your Gallery you have the option to Rotate to the correct orientation before posting them... Whistle
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

MY2016 Urban Truck Build Thread - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40548....al[/color]
Post #445637 13th Aug 2015 7:45am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 837 of 1375 <123 ... 836837838 ... 137313741375>