↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Keswick 110 SW ordered - now arrived!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
stingray

Wales 
Hi Tom, Thanks for the post.

Keswick green was almost the reason for wanting a Defender in the first place! Nothing else will do.

I know what you mean about the sunroof, but hopefully it will let light in, but not rain, so I'll take a chance!

I have seen Steve's post about his usw, and I think it is fabulous. Some of his mods have inspired me, and I will certainly go for the painted headlight surrounds, and 'classic' badges. Artmin looks like the place to go for the badges.

Have admired your 90 as well. Did you sell it?

Great fun thinking about and planning the 'retro mods', and although they may be minor, I think they can make a huge difference to the look of the vehicle. Not sure what to do about the grille, but something will turn up I'm sure.

Thanks, and all the best,

Ray
Post #424142 17th May 2015 12:26pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
Stingray,...Wow, ordering TWO new defenders, well done to you.
Seeing as you guys are somewhat "restricted" on your Heritage options in the UK, I reckon you ought to make up for that "restriction" by putting as many factory options on your 110 as you can.
Glad to see you've gone for absolutely the right colour.
I would have to say that IMHO, A/C would be a must. As others have said, it's not just for cooling on hot days. We were out in Gracie early yesterday & the windows started to mist up,...switch on A/c for a little while,...fixed,..clear screen! If ya don't want to use it, it'd still "complete" the spec, but I believe you would definitely use it, when you got used to its functions.
You wouldn't want to start off with XS Spec?...In Aus, that's pretty much the base unit,...A/C, Elec windows, audio with S.W., H.D. Susp, etc etc, all standard.
Pickles.
Post #424660 18th May 2015 11:59pm
gusjam

Scotland 2005 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Stornoway Grey
i had air con in my 110 doublecab and only ever used it to demist the windows, but having it just for that was worth it in my opinion!
Post #424677 19th May 2015 7:39am
Limey

Italy 
Side Steps look better imho, they are classic Land Rover. Plus I spray mine quickly with WD40, or a few drops of light oil, after every wash and they still operate like new.
Post #424776 19th May 2015 2:31pm
CFB

United Kingdom 
Great spec but again a/c is a 'must' for me. It's the one option that you really would never want to try and fit afterwards, most other things can be (seats, steps, audio etc) Andy
Post #424806 19th May 2015 4:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Browjam

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Havana
It has all been said here already but my tupence:

Sunroof will just frustrate you - they all leak and rather than collecting in the footwell, water ends up on the seats.

Personally I don't mind having the windows open when driving down the motorway but the passengers in the back sure as hell do. A/C is needed on long journeys in summer.

Good luck anyway .
Post #424813 19th May 2015 4:54pm
doublea

Scotland 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 Adventure Phoenix Orange
Hi Ray,

I ordered a 90sw in Aug 13 for my wife and a 110uw for myself in January 15. Both times I thought long and hard about the spec, pricing Keswick green base model + options vs xs.

With the 90, I went into the dealership with the firm intention of going base Keswick but decided at the last minute to go xs in Firenze red. I think the choice was right, the colour is fantastic, especially in good light and my wife was over the moon when she saw it. The air con is very useful, not so much for the cooling but really for the demisting.

With the 110, I bottled it again and went for the xs but stuck with keswick and got the dealer to paint the roof white. I think I made the wrong choice this time though. Although the air con is handy, I'm not keen on the sticky out nose; although aftermarket is expensive I think the kits keep the flush radiator grill. I paid for metallic but didn't get it and the paint job on the roof cost 480 but is not as good a finish as factory. Also, I don't like the black headlining of the xs, very urban truck and not in keeping with the retro look and the load area is very dark (probably not an issue with sw though). Unbelievably, heavy duty rims are now a fairly expensive extra on the xs, even though it has alloys as standard. Also, I've just changed the indicators back to amber and ordered black light surrounds and one of the pegasus grilles mentioned elsewhere on here...

In terms of runners or steps, I prefer the naked look an I'd do without any if I could get away with it but my passengers need a step of some sort.

Reflecting on the matter, i was perhaps influenced by perceived resale value on both occasions, but this was wrong. This is the last chance of getting the defender i will want to keep forever.

My 2p worth. Angus Current Steeds:
2015 110 UW in Grasmere Green
2003 BMW F650 the Hack
2000 Elise
1992 Ducati 888 (no longer in bits, yahoo)
1990 TDR 250 (in bits again)
1988 TDR 250 (no longer in bits) and for sale
Post #424949 19th May 2015 11:36pm
jomara

Scotland 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
If you want a headliner swap Angus give me a shout, I have a 14 model xs 110 SW with the pale grey lining 👍👍

Cheers
John 2014 110 2.2TDCi XS Station wagon
1971 Bowler Tomcat 88 4.2 V8 Auto
2022 110 D250 XS Edition - Gone
2024 110 D250 X-Dynamic HSE
Post #424989 20th May 2015 8:23am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
doublea wrote:
Unbelievably, heavy duty rims are now a fairly expensive extra on the xs, even though it has alloys as standard.

What was the premium they now charge?
Post #425021 20th May 2015 9:34am
cozz

ive orded a keswick 90 xs

couldn't have one without AC

70 % of the time my dog will be with me, and it literally can be a life saver on a hot day

Im planning a few retro mods to mine also
Post #431122 15th Jun 2015 8:03pm
Venomator

United Kingdom 
Supacat wrote:
doublea wrote:
Unbelievably, heavy duty rims are now a fairly expensive extra on the xs, even though it has alloys as standard.

What was the premium they now charge?
I believe it is £300... Thumbs Up  Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

MY2016 Urban Truck Build Thread - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40548....al[/color]
Post #431168 15th Jun 2015 9:06pm
Sphere

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Keswick Green
Went for the xs myself and thinking of getting the roof painted. Went for the xs as love the 1/2 leather and couldn't do without ac. Don't often use it but worth it, when I priced up all the additions the xs worked out slightly better value, and better insurance Question

I ordered my had wheels aftermarket and sold the alloys so cost be £50 and I chose the tyres.
Post #431181 15th Jun 2015 9:41pm
cozz

im gonna have the roof painted limestone on mine

alos having limestone wheels

you got a pic of yours?
Post #431194 15th Jun 2015 10:08pm
Sphere

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Keswick Green
Haven't done the roof yet and going to change to black front yellow lights once I sell my old one! But then outside looks for me is about done (toying with galv bumper but not sure). Plain standard Keswick can't get better

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #431199 15th Jun 2015 10:17pm
cozz

thats looks nice

ive got a silver bumper ready for mine
Post #431207 15th Jun 2015 10:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>