↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > 2.2 suddenly seems more powerful...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Wild Card 90

England 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Indus Silver
2.2 suddenly seems more powerful...
Can a Landy change itīs character this much through one journey?.

Iīve been driving my 2012 2.2 Puma for a year or so now. 42000 Kilometers (12k of which, I have put on it), and no issues (touch wood!). Sometimes it feels faster and sometimes slower. Thats pretty normal. Depends on my mood, and what I have driven previously.

K&N filter and straight through exhaust (no silencers). Otherwise stock.

Out of the blue, it feels a whole lot (for a Landy) faster, and uses less fuel. It dropped from 12.5 to 11.6 on the last tank stop.
On the currently mounted winter tyres - 265/75 Coopers - the 143 Kmh (on satnav) speed limiter could barely be reached (not that I push it that often). Now I have to back off to half throttle to get it off the limiter.

What caused the change? We drove two 300 Km stints running most of the time at 125 Kmh (cruise control), occasionally flooring it to overtake. Nothing new or unusual there. The temperatures (on Ultragauge) were also as always. 88-91°C coolant and the cat was between 350° and 520° depending on gradient.

Can DPF regeneration or some other factor make such a difference? Wouldnīt I have experienced this already previously?

The old saying was shortly before a motor goes pop, it will feel really healthy and fast. Less internal resistance and such. Rolling Eyes Oh dear! 1998 Tdi 90 SW,
2008 Td4 90 SW,
2012 2.2 90 SW,
2" raised Trailmaster/Terrafirma
Heavy Track Raids, 255 MTīs,
Recaro CSīs, anorak, wellingtons
Post #408967 19th Mar 2015 2:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1