↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Fan heater controller not working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
sparkylee

2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 DCPU Santorini Black
Fan heater controller not working
I noticed yesterday when popping to see Albion Thumbs Up to pick up some goodies that I was either cold or unbelievably hot ......
The fan seemed to only be working on 3 not either 1:2 with no A/C on
So I've been testing today and the same thing is happening
1:2 not working only 3 without A/C on
If I turn off blower and put A/C on I hear fan start to run at 1 turn fan speed controller to 1 stays on and if I select 2 it stays at 1 only speeding up at 3
Am I right in saying fan gets supply from switch via resistor pack for speeds 1:2 and direct for 3 and direct from A/C for minimum setting of 1 ?
So I'm thinking resistor pack on side of fan motor under bonnet is at fault ?
Think LRs self distruct timer is out as this has cropped up 12 days before warranty expires Whistle
Normally due to start going wrong 1 day after Rolling with laughter It's good to be back from the dark side

DC110 -2012 Black with black hood and black x-tech
FFRR 4.2 vogue
Renault traffic auto
PT crusier convertible
Laika x700 Motorhome
Post #385127 5th Jan 2015 1:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
I can't answer with certainty (since I don't have a/c) but I believe that you are right. My money would be on either the resistor pack (most likely) or possible the slider switch for the fan (second most likely).

The slider switch on the Puma is another disappointingly crappy component and is prone to various failures, most commonly the bulb which illuminates it overheats and melts the slider components, rendering the switch inoperative (though this doesn't sound to be the problem with yours). The heater control panel is only replaceable as a unit and is one of the parts which recently went from being "fairly expensive" to " "staggeringly expensive".

I am sure that you will already have done so, but if your warranty is that close to expiry get on to your dealer ASAP to make sure that this is sorted under warranty, just in case!
Post #385132 5th Jan 2015 2:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1