↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Under-vehicle protection, what order of importance?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
TallPaul

United Kingdom 
That's a pretty substantial bit of ironmongery you got there leeds!

Liking the receiver point in the centre, where'd you get it, not seen one like that before?
Post #30340 21st Apr 2010 8:34am
AndrewS

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 SW Rimini Red
I suppose its horses for courses. I made a rear diff guard to go on the D3 when we did the Desert Storm Challenge. Not sure that I would need it or not but played safe and fitted it anyway. This is what it looked like when we got back. As you can see it did its job. I remember driving down a 6ft dune, all of a sudden the car lifted and there was a nasty scraping sound from under the car. I had dislodged a massive rock hidden in the sand, basically the car rolled the rock down the dune, there was no damage to the underside of the vehicle as all the protection did its job.

Click image to enlarge
 130's have feeling's as well you know Smile
Post #30346 21st Apr 2010 9:20am
jammyk

2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
alantd wrote:
jammyk wrote:
Also, learn where your diff is in respect to your driving position, in the PUMA its in line with your right knee (or thereabouts)

Right knee? left knee, surely Question My right knee is against the door Smile

Left / Right... well spotted! I can be noticed by my sitting on the cubby box while driving Whistle ignorance is bliss...
Post #30452 22nd Apr 2010 9:59am
alantd

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
jammyk wrote:

Left / Right... well spotted! I can be noticed by my sitting on the cubby box while driving Whistle

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter I just assumed you were facing backwards in your seat Thumbs Up One that started out as a 2.4 TDCi 110 XS
+ New Defender 110 First Edition
Post #30482 22nd Apr 2010 4:27pm
discocuzzy

England 
I fitted an anti chick tune connector to the stereo, stops my ears being subjected to euro disco pop and pop idol winners crap! You cannot teach stupid people to do clever things
Post #30487 22nd Apr 2010 4:41pm
discocuzzy

England 
I fitted an anti chick tune connector to the stereo, stops my ears being subjected to euro disco pop and pop idol winners crap! You cannot teach stupid people to do clever things
Post #30489 22nd Apr 2010 4:42pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
TallPaul wrote:
That's a pretty substantial bit of ironmongery you got there leeds!

Liking the receiver point in the centre, where'd you get it, not seen one like that before?

Well we can supply them Laughing Currently not on our website as that is a ongoing project. (Just like Land Rovers Razz )

They are made by WVA Holdings whose factory is 2 miles away from where we live. I got the last one off their shelves this morning for another Defender2 forum user. They have another batch being manufactured as I saw the basic components on some pallets today.

The rear 2" Receiver comes with the drop plate. The recovery billet which you shove a shackle through is separate. Unfortunately not on their price list and I forgot to ask today. Will do the next time I am

Will be back to factory either late tomorrow or on Monday to pick up some other stuff. If you or anyone else is interested drop me a line. If you ever want any of the heavy metal items you can save carriage by preordering them and picking them up from one of the Land Rover shows

HTH
Brendan
Post #30501 22nd Apr 2010 6:35pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 
Thanks leeds, i need to buy a Defender before bolt on bits, bit I am making a list Laughing

Your website needs lots more pics Whistle Razz
Post #30520 22nd Apr 2010 7:57pm
double cab happy

England 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Java Black
looking at those 2" reciever hitches leeds, what are your's and anyone else's opinions on them working with a winch tray, i'm sure you get the idea one winch front or back or inside, away from the elements?

will this be a can of worms????????
Post #30538 22nd Apr 2010 10:17pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
Hi Tall Paul
This is not Brendan - him of landrover knowledge replying
This is Barbara - webmistress (where is the stockings and sussys and whip smiley) the website is happening and will have lots of photos, how-to's etc, but I do have a day job too. Confused Having said that I am a kitten really and would appreciate constructive comments on the site.
I did try to register to post this in my own name but the site just wouldn't let me.
Barbara
Post #30540 22nd Apr 2010 11:17pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
double cab happy wrote:
looking at those 2" reciever hitches leeds, what are your's and anyone else's opinions on them working with a winch tray, i'm sure you get the idea one winch front or back or inside, away from the elements?

will this be a can of worms????????

Well DCH the manufacturers of these 2" receivers also make a winch tray to go onto the receiver. Have seen it on their shelves. They have equipped a vehicle with front, rear and side receivers. So yes it does work. You could either mount a Anderson connector front and rear and run 35mm2 cable back to battery via an isolator switch. Alternative is Anderson connector on battery box and have long leads attached to the winch.

If you want more details/prices give me a shout

Brendan
Post #30542 22nd Apr 2010 11:48pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 
webmistress - will send you an email, comments mainly directed at blog Wink Disco 3 gone but the memory of the bills remain...
XS 110 Utility maybe one day..... (did they fix the quality yet?)
Post #30576 23rd Apr 2010 11:40am
mick

England 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Rimini Red
leeds wrote:
Just fitted this steering guard to our 110 ute. Wished we had it on, on black ice Wednesday

Click image to enlarge

Brendan

Had a look at this on sun just wondered if its road legal knowing what stopid laws are around these days

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #31909 10th May 2010 10:07pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
mick wrote:

Had a look at this on sun just wondered if its road legal knowing what stopid laws are around these days

Matthew Sykes (website HERE) who is an MOT inspector plus YORC chief scrutineer has done some work on our Puma and certainly would have pulled me for anything illegal on our vehicle. The receiver protrudes slightly more then normal due to a minor bump prior to fitting it. Razz

Am calling in at the manufacturers during the week so will check with them. I doubt that WVA would knowingly sell items which are illegal on the UK roads

HTH

Brendan
Post #31913 10th May 2010 10:31pm
mick

England 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Rimini Red
Thats good to know thanks for response Thumbs Up will be good for launching a boat.
Post #31914 10th May 2010 10:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>