United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
Go Beyond wrote:
Yeah a really good match, it's great stuff to work with

You have a pm mate Mr. Green CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #206293 28th Jan 2013 7:30pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Thanks guys Embarassed

The majority of the idea was copied from Kris who bought my 110
Post #206296 28th Jan 2013 7:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Post #206298 28th Jan 2013 7:41pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
Go Beyond wrote:
Take a look here Chris

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17035.html
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #206300 28th Jan 2013 7:50pm
joelyates18

Wales 2000 Defender 90 Td5 HT Chawton White
[quote="Go Beyond"]Sound insulation

Click image to enlarge

Let me know how you get on with that egg mould insulation, ill be taking my lining out to give it a good scrub down will think about killing two birds with one stone and fit some insulation.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #206333 28th Jan 2013 8:58pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Will do mate Thumbs Up
Post #206334 28th Jan 2013 9:00pm
SGH

United Kingdom 
https://s3-eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/i.hubnu...5cda05.jpg

Matt

Where have you fed wire into back of mirror arm.

Simon

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #207324 1st Feb 2013 2:00pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Hi Simon,

Turn arm upside down and drill through into centre tube that is surrounded by spring from hollow under arm this gets cable into tube about 1/2 " or so down from top

Then drill into tube between coils of spring (hold with a vice) between fixing holes as picture.

Cables can then be threaded through for an invisible installation.

Cables are held in hollow under mirror arm with silicon.

When in place if the mirror is folded in all this does is squeeze the spring slightly squeezing the cables but not enough to damage them at all
Post #207328 1st Feb 2013 2:25pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Bit more done this weekend

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #208030 3rd Feb 2013 6:03pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Looks great Matt especially the A bar. Would some cable ties be of any use for those cables just behind the Anderson connector to stop them bending and keep them together? NEVER SURRENDER! ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #208035 3rd Feb 2013 6:12pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Could do I suppose Steve but there's only a very short bit between the rubber boot on the connector and the heat shrunk section so I don't think it'll be an issue

Click image to enlarge

Post #208038 3rd Feb 2013 6:17pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Feedback on the 'Mud' supplied GMB Fender Storage locker:

As with all Mud supplied products, the locker turned up the day after order (good service) however upon close inspection a 'problem' was apparent

1) The description on the Mud website shows / speaks of a 'felt seal' in the hinge area, this was not there

This 'issue' was taken up with Mud who offered to replace my one with another 'old stock' but as it was cheaper for me to provide my own felt seal than pay the postage back, so I declined.

When I came to install there were two further 'issues'

1) The box is too big to fit through the hole in my chequer plate wing top. The chequer plate was on the vehicle when I bought it and I'm not positive but I think it is the 'Mamouth' brand, however I also have genuine LR chequer plate on another Defender and it wouldn't fit through that either - looking closely at the pictures on Mud I would suggest that if you have chequer plate that 'goes around' the LR plastic blank plate (rather than under it) then you'll be OK, otherwise you will need to file / jigsaw a bigger hole in your chequer plate

2) The removable 'floor' is shown on the Mud website as being fixed with bolts and rivnuts, the reality is that a set of nuts and bolts are supplied. This causes problems if you want to install the floor after installing the box, in the end I used self tappers

On a personal note there is quite a bit more depth available under the box and I wonder why it wasn't made deeper which would certainly help when installing an Anderson connector.

In conclusion a nice product that wasn't as easy to install as anticipated and with a slightly misleading description on Mud (that I have made them aware of so they may change their website in due course)
Post #208207 4th Feb 2013 10:55am
SGH

United Kingdom 
I had same problem with fitting with chequer plate but floor plate on mine has rivnuts.

Simon
Post #208209 4th Feb 2013 11:10am
macduff

United Kingdom 
Go Beyond wrote:
Feedback on the 'Mud' supplied GMB Fender Storage locker:

As with all Mud supplied products, the locker turned up the day after order (good service) however upon close inspection a 'problem' was apparent

1) The description on the Mud website shows / speaks of a 'felt seal' in the hinge area, this was not there

This 'issue' was taken up with Mud who offered to replace my one with another 'old stock' but as it was cheaper for me to provide my own felt seal than pay the postage back, so I declined.

<SNIP>
In conclusion a nice product that wasn't as easy to install as anticipated and with a slightly misleading description on Mud (that I have made them aware of so they may change their website in due course)

I'm no expert but fairly certain that when goods are bought with the buyer not present (online sale etc) that arent as described then the supplier should arrange a return at thier own cost under the distance selling regs . if they amend the website then this issue will be "fixed" but they seem to have bent the rules slightly in your case. 2023 110 P400e
Post #208210 4th Feb 2013 11:20am
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
I'm sure you're right mate but it's no biggy, I just wanted to let people, who maybe thinking of buying one, know that it isn't a two minute job (as you would expect) to fit it (if you have chequerplate) and that the website pictures aren't entirely accurate.

Actually the girl at Mud got quite 'sniffy' as she discovered a picture on the FCX website of the MSS glovebox kit in situ that evidently belongs to them Embarassed - It's actually Dgardel's fault as he posted the picture up on one of my threads and I copy and pasted it Mr. Green

PS, I removed the picture within 30 seconds of it being pointed out - which goes to show that websites can be amended quickly Whistle
Post #208211 4th Feb 2013 11:26am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 12 of 25 <123 ... 111213 ... 232425>