↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > My12 X-Tech 110
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
Knot Yet

England 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Lol poor you Ken, but is that a very early start, or very late finish, I'm just starting early today Thumbs Up Defender 110 Puma Utility XS
Post #189134 28th Nov 2012 5:29am
BigRuss

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
Killer90 wrote:

Click image to enlarge

Killer,

Is that a removable steering wheel type boss there??? Russell
2011MY 110 XS USW Black
Post #189135 28th Nov 2012 6:46am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ken

United Kingdom 
Normal Start time Finish about 19 -20 hrs Thumbs Up
Post #189136 28th Nov 2012 6:53am
Lishlandy

England 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 X-Tech LE Orkney Grey
BigRuss wrote:
Killer90 wrote:

Click image to enlarge

Killer,

Is that a removable steering wheel type boss there???

Hi russ, it's quick release. (Killer is still in bed dreaming of white carbon). Needs a little bit of copper grease as there's a bit of friction from metal on metal with the twist off mechanism. each night I can take te steering wheel off with ease and it sits on the landing out of harms way and makes the landrover undriveable Smile. Great night sleep for me and not to intrusive on the driving bay.

To answer your question, yes and no. The picture shows a removable steering wheel kit, but the removable part sits on top of the boss, they are 2 separate products. ===================================
Steve
90 xs sw in Stonoway Grey - Sold
110 USW X-TECH
Post #189140 28th Nov 2012 7:44am
Lishlandy

ken wrote:
Normal Start time Finish about 19 -20 hrs Thumbs Up

Does that also mean you never have to pay the congestion charge as you miss the window that its enforced? My father used to do that back in the day.... ===================================
Steve
110 USW X-TECH
Post #189141 28th Nov 2012 7:54am
ken

United Kingdom 
If I go into the Zone I use an Ampera Thumbs Up
Post #189143 28th Nov 2012 7:58am
Lishlandy

There was me thinking you might use one of those little electric scooters you showed me last time Rolling with laughter

Those ampera's look nice! Had to look it up. ===================================
Steve
110 USW X-TECH
Post #189145 28th Nov 2012 8:16am
BigRuss

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
Lishlandy wrote:
it sits on the landing out of harms way

that is until the miss's get up for a Censored in the night and Censored down the stairs! or worse you Whistle Russell
2011MY 110 XS USW Black
Post #189173 28th Nov 2012 9:59am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
Rolling with laughter yer it is mate, with my boss and quick release its best to trim the lugs off on the rubber to free the release up then it works a treat Thumbs Up Thumbs Up still aint fitted mine Rolling Eyes CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #189272 28th Nov 2012 6:25pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Lishlandy wrote:
Each night I can take the steering wheel off with ease and it sits on the landing out of harms way and makes the landrover undriveable Smile.

Not quite. But I'm not going to say how on an open forum unlike some.

Rolling with laughter NEVER SURRENDER! ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #189282 28th Nov 2012 7:05pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

custom90steve wrote:
Lishlandy wrote:
Each night I can take the steering wheel off with ease and it sits on the landing out of harms way and makes the landrover undriveable Smile.

Not quite. But I'm not going to say how on an open forum unlike some.

Rolling with laughter

steve its near on impossible mate, some say you can use water pump pliers or mulgrips good fun driving with them when your i na rush to get away Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter same with pedal locks mate- yes you can drive most cars without a clutch but its hard Thumbs Up CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Post #189289 28th Nov 2012 7:31pm
Lishlandy

So first dry free day since I picked up the X-Tech. Have installed the rear door Gas Strut and am not convinced that the swing motion won't rip out the pivot mount. I can see the overall use for it and think it will be great for keeping it open on any kind of incline but on normal entry feels very frisky. I hope it calms down soon or I may have to start looking for the mystical pressure valve that has eluded me even after close inspection. Also had to play with the spacers on both parts as it was popping out the rear door card on initial set up, hey ho i will live and learn.

Prior to this i removed the Entreq rear door brackets as they are touching the pillars on full opening, until I can think of a way to reduce this the standard brackets will prevail....may just sell the Entreq ones.

Mud rails have also gone in today, relatively easy apart from the crease in the matting made by the original left the lining up a bit tricky as it was not flat, none the less 30 minutes of my life later (double what the instructions say (which were very good by the way)) i am now like like a pig in poo with so much more room that I have to bring the chair forward a bit from it's full extension....this for me, is the best and simplest bit of kit I have brought so far.

Finally for today was the Head unit swap to my Sony which I had in my old 90. It is now taking over from the archaic CD/Radio/Aux system that Land Rover have graced me with. I have no doubt that the standard one will last for as long as the vehicle, but I have a load of Bluetooth things to use which make my life easier as well as a full speaker upgrade to install and the Land Rovers own brand won't cut the mustard.

I will put up photo's tomorrow but it is dark now and a bit difficult. On tomorrow's agenda is the Mantec rear window guard and if I get time, Dynamat the sides before i put up the TGE Engineering panels into where the SW windows would have gone as well as the rear quarters.

Next week I Purchase......JW Speaker lights Milestone ===================================
Steve
110 USW X-TECH
Post #190136 1st Dec 2012 8:44pm
Lishlandy

So this evening I had 15 mins spare so fitted my Mobile Storage Solutions Glove Box and I like it!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Apologies for the poor picture quality, the iphone is a jack of all but master of none.

This was a very easy Mod and only made easier by the clear instructions that came with it. The only thing that im not sure about is that it doesn't clip down in like the cubby box and I'm not sure f that is my install error with the angles etc or whether it simply isn's supposed to 'click'. Either way it stays in well and I am looking forward to filling it with....stuff.

Also took a picture of the gas Strut on the rear door after install.

Click image to enlarge

nothing drastic to show, but does look very slick as if Land Rover just forgot to put one on but made room for it and everything. ===================================
Steve
110 USW X-TECH
Post #190740 3rd Dec 2012 11:23pm
Inigo

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Both the gas strut and glovebox are mods that I've done and have been pleased with, I'd agree with you though about the flimsiness of the pivot mount. I found that the bolt supplied was quite a lot narrower than the mounting point, which meant that tightening it up still meant that the first few times the door sprang open, it felt like it would rip something off.

I think it would be better if a bolt with an unthreaded portion which more closely matches the internal diameter of the pivot mounting could be used so that it is simply rotating in the mounting rather than also being pulled backwards and forwards.

Needless to say, I have done nothing about this and have just learnt to always try and catch the door rather than let it spring open of its own accord. It does catch out anyone who hasn't been warned though.
Post #190744 3rd Dec 2012 11:34pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

Thumbs Up strut is a very good idea and both mods looks like they should be there Cool CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Post #190745 3rd Dec 2012 11:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 6 <123456>