↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > What Did You Do In Your Defender Today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 389 of 1376 <123 ... 388389390 ... 137413751376>
Print this entire topic · 
willy eckerslike

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HCPU Keswick Green
Left it draining into a bucket that had a hole in it Thud basic mistake Laughing Original Member Pie n Pea Club.
110 HCPU Tipper
Post #178043 22nd Oct 2012 6:03pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
I feel for you mate. That really is a pain in the .... It's like when you want some kind of container for water or similar and find it has a hairline crack in it. But you find out about an hour later. Embarassed NEVER SURRENDER! ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #178046 22nd Oct 2012 6:06pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Just went out for a little tonight and found my reversing light has stopped working AGAIN Thud Standard filament bulb swapped just the other day and thought great it's working again. I guess it's back to the LED again then. Stupid thing. Must check the switch soon. Neutral NEVER SURRENDER! ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #178092 22nd Oct 2012 8:26pm
bm52

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Havana
Steve - just had same issue re reversing light and popped into dealer who swapped gearbox switch and everything now back to normal. took them 5 mins to change from underneath. BM52
Post #178103 22nd Oct 2012 9:19pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
bm52 - so it was the switch in the end then.. That's another thing on the to do list then. Least they don't cost much and I don't doubt I can do it myself. Smile NEVER SURRENDER! ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #178120 22nd Oct 2012 9:44pm
JWL

England 2002 Defender 110 Td5 SW Coniston Green
Been out this morning to pick up an Eberspacher from a mate of mine. Proper mates rates as well just got to get round fitting it especially with the scaremongering regarding the weather forecast for the end of the week Rolling Eyes
Post #178166 22nd Oct 2012 11:01pm
BigWheels

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Had 2nd rear fog light & reverse light fitted, so now 1 each side. Kept the classic indicators & stop lights. So 4 blobs & 4 cones.

Now for the front lighting... Razz Land Rover Defenders. 67 years heritage, minimal appearance changes, still going strong all over the world. Not a fashion vehicle, but fashionable to own. Made for the needy, not the greedy. Ta ta Defender
Post #178307 23rd Oct 2012 4:24pm
d j hutton

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
Solihull Factory Tour
Yesterday - had an informative tour of the Solihull plant, there were only four in our group so we had a personalised tour of the plant majoring on the Defender line which was very interesting. I can see why now why they have issues lining up all the panels with the chassis - "built in tolerances". But they were making some pretty impressive vehicles none the less. A good atmosphere on the line and everyone appeared

Brand new paint inspection area built right next door (wall knocked down last week apparently) lots of bright lights and guys with clipboards. Sounds like it will now be possible to buy a friday afternoon car as the line is now running friday afternoon instead of finishing friday lunchtime. There were a number parked up in a holding area with bits removed, so they do reject some for further work.

A large number of the LHD Xtech coming off the line, so busy overseas it seems.

Saw a black 110 sw with red roof Shocked so that must be a new option to specify roof colour (other than white or colour coded) interesting Exclamation Looked a bit weird against the others but quite cool.

Interesting to see the D3, RR sport and the new (non chassis) RangeRover all coming off the same line - must be a good program that sorts that out! Lots of the new (unreleased) Range Rover ready to go.

Also sounds like Land Rover will be making their own engines again soon, as they have just built the building to house their own engine plant, should be interesting.

The 'new' Defender won't be anything like the DC100 apparently (I know we already know that), but the question 'couldn't it be made on the same platform as the D3 and (shorter chassis) RR sport?' was met with a stony silence and a wry smile, which might indicate something interesting for the future. I guess they have to work out how to make a knockdown body and drop it on the chassis, but as there is 4billion of investment coming along anything is possible.

Came away with a nice certificate and an Evoque keyring (just need to get the car to go with it!) and a couple of books. Also picked up some info about the LR Experience Tanzania trip, which looked really good, and then discovered it costs 8K each plus flights Shocked so won't be doing that in a hurry (unless we win the lottery this week)

So well worth buying that for Mrs H's Christmas present (she enjoyed it too, especially the panel stamping machine BIG) Mr. Green Recommended Xmas gift for your partner, if you have the balls!

DJ 1989 200tdi 90 csw
2011 110 usw Orkney grey

Buy British 🇬🇧

Defender Clothing Designs available at http://www.rangesports.com/acatalog/Defender-Stuff.html
Post #178329 23rd Oct 2012 5:36pm
Green Machine

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Tonga Green
Took mine for its annual service and MOT. I use a local independent, who takes it to another local garage for the MOT as he himself isn't an MOT tester. When I went back to collect it this afternoon he told me he had a bet on with the MOT tester (who he knows very well) that he wouldn't find anything wrong with my 90. Sure enough, he couldn't find anything. Which I found reassuring! It's so nice to be able to take your vehicle to someone who's a genuine enthusiast and you feel will take care of it. I think he loves my Defender almost as much as I do, every time it goes in he always tells me how much he likes it and how nice it is to work on. As I was leaving today he said 'make sure you keep it looking nice for next time'.

Makes a nice change from being shafted by VW! 2005 Td5 | 90 Station Wagon | Tonga Green
Post #178344 23rd Oct 2012 6:09pm
keith

Scotland 
Re: Solihull Factory Tour
d j hutton wrote:
Yesterday - had an informative tour of the Solihull plant, there were only four in our group so we had a personalised tour of the plant majoring on the Defender line which was very interesting. I can see why now why they have issues lining up all the panels with the chassis - "built in tolerances". But they were making some pretty impressive vehicles none the less. A good atmosphere on the line and everyone appeared

Brand new paint inspection area built right next door (wall knocked down last week apparently) lots of bright lights and guys with clipboards. Sounds like it will now be possible to buy a friday afternoon car as the line is now running friday afternoon instead of finishing friday lunchtime. There were a number parked up in a holding area with bits removed, so they do reject some for further work.

A large number of the LHD Xtech coming off the line, so busy overseas it seems.

Saw a black 110 sw with red roof Shocked so that must be a new option to specify roof colour (other than white or colour coded) interesting Exclamation Looked a bit weird against the others but quite cool.

Interesting to see the D3, RR sport and the new (non chassis) RangeRover all coming off the same line - must be a good program that sorts that out! Lots of the new (unreleased) Range Rover ready to go.

Also sounds like Land Rover will be making their own engines again soon, as they have just built the building to house their own engine plant, should be interesting.

The 'new' Defender won't be anything like the DC100 apparently (I know we already know that), but the question 'couldn't it be made on the same platform as the D3 and (shorter chassis) RR sport?' was met with a stony silence and a wry smile, which might indicate something interesting for the future. I guess they have to work out how to make a knockdown body and drop it on the chassis, but as there is 4billion of investment coming along anything is possible.

Came away with a nice certificate and an Evoque keyring (just need to get the car to go with it!) and a couple of books. Also picked up some info about the LR Experience Tanzania trip, which looked really good, and then discovered it costs 8K each plus flights Shocked so won't be doing that in a hurry (unless we win the lottery this week)

So well worth buying that for Mrs H's Christmas present (she enjoyed it too, especially the panel stamping machine BIG) Mr. Green Recommended Xmas gift for your partner, if you have the balls!

DJ
Great info and production line story thanks . I was prommised the private tour last year by the 25yr head of landrover customer , care for buying my new 32000 2.2 but then she left for Jag customer care and the new LR man say NO . So much for my 25yrs of custom and my 14th LR eh . They care not a jot about the customer any more . Cheers
Post #178352 23rd Oct 2012 6:24pm
bpman

2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
d j hutton wrote:
Saw a black 110 sw with red roof Shocked DJ

DJ - it's not a new combination, new man on production line seems to be colour blind Rolling with laughter

great day out though - we did it with PartyMonkey Thumbs Up
Post #178385 23rd Oct 2012 7:24pm
d j hutton

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
bpman wrote:
d j hutton wrote:
Saw a black 110 sw with red roof Shocked DJ

DJ - it's not a new combination, new man on production line seems to be colour blind Rolling with laughter

great day out though - we did it with PartyMonkey Thumbs Up

I don't think there's too much 'man' input in the paint shop, big brother is running it Thumbs Up quite amazing that all the different seats and trim arrive to suit the car right by it (talking d3,rr line) how does that happen?

Dj 1989 200tdi 90 csw
2011 110 usw Orkney grey

Buy British 🇬🇧

Defender Clothing Designs available at http://www.rangesports.com/acatalog/Defender-Stuff.html
Post #178409 23rd Oct 2012 8:21pm
WarPig

England 1996 Defender 110 300 Tdi USW Bonatti Grey
d j hutton wrote:
Yesterday - had an informative tour of the Solihull plant

Its a facinating tour isnt it. Went last year when AndrewS organised it. The contrast between the RR & Defender production line is quite amazing!! We quickly went from watching robots in a state of the art environment, to the old brick building watching men in overcoats with screwdrivers in their hands!! Shocked
Post #178478 23rd Oct 2012 9:54pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
WarPig wrote:
We quickly went from watching robots in a state of the art environment, to the old brick building watching men in overcoats with screwdrivers in their hands!! Shocked

There's a reason to buy a Defender, right there. Keep people in jobs.
Post #178489 23rd Oct 2012 10:18pm
brightondefender

2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Alaska White
Applied my very sexy Defender 2.net sticker to my windscreen Thumbs Up
Post #178509 23rd Oct 2012 11:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 389 of 1376 <123 ... 388389390 ... 137413751376>