↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Grumpy Old Man Thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 50 of 265 <123 ... 495051 ... 263264265>
Print this entire topic · 
custom90

United Kingdom 
ohitsher wrote:
i'm not grumpy (well perhaps a little!), i'm not old, and I'm not a man buuut cyclists. Cyclists that don't cycle in the cycle lane. What on EARTH makes them think they are too good to use their own pigging lane that's free!

If you watch carefully a lot of the also believe that the don't have to give way to vehicles especially on round abouts. I assume the just want to be a bonnet ornament Twisted Evil NEVER SURRENDER! ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #152688 29th Jun 2012 11:18am
Laurie

England 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Bonatti Grey
....and they can ignore traffic lights but expect motorist to stop so they can ride across a pedestrian crossing.
One way streets are two way for cyclists.
Lights at night are optional.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  
Post #152694 29th Jun 2012 11:41am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ohitsher

England 
custom90steve wrote:
ohitsher wrote:
i'm not grumpy (well perhaps a little!), i'm not old, and I'm not a man buuut cyclists. Cyclists that don't cycle in the cycle lane. What on EARTH makes them think they are too good to use their own pigging lane that's free!

If you watch carefully a lot of the also believe that the don't have to give way to vehicles especially on round abouts. I assume the just want to be a bonnet ornament Twisted Evil

Absolutely, and when you get too close they give you the 'look of death' !! Another cyclist pet hate is when they insist on cycling in huge groups, two or three side by side which not only gives my horse a nervous breakdown but when I can't get past them driving it infuriates me so much!!!! I'm going to get someone else to drive and I'll be a passenger and carry a stick to put through the spokes of their wheel and watch them fail!

Sitting here writing this two yobs walked past my house, past the lay-by with my boyfriends BM (This one has indicators yay!!) and my 'fender and one spat on the BM window!!! I screamed out at them, funnily enough the one that did it couldn't even turn around and look at me, his weedy friend did though. Just because they spend their lives smoking drugs and living for free does NOT give them a right to that! Needless to say I am fuming. Unfortunately they don't look like they can afford deodorant let alone a car so I can't spit on theirs...
Post #152696 29th Jun 2012 11:52am
ken

United Kingdom 
Laurie wrote:
....and they can ignore traffic lights but expect motorist to stop so they can ride across a pedestrian crossing.

Best bit is if you hit a cyclist going down a one way street the wrong way at best it seems to be 50/50 :evil:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #152703 29th Jun 2012 12:19pm
ohitsher

England 
Laurie wrote:

Just aim for them in future, make them sweat a bit!

Post #152718 29th Jun 2012 1:33pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
ohitsher wrote:
i'm not grumpy (well perhaps a little!), i'm not old, and I'm not a man......

First it was moaning adolescents on here now it's wimin Twisted Evil

Wink Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #152722 29th Jun 2012 1:52pm
ohitsher

England 
Miserableolgit wrote:
ohitsher wrote:
i'm not grumpy (well perhaps a little!), i'm not old, and I'm not a man......

First it was moaning adolescents on here now it's wimin Twisted Evil

Wink

Pfft...women eh! Rolling Eyes Smile
Post #152724 29th Jun 2012 2:23pm
50H

Meanwhile, back to the cyclists.
I've long had it in mind to rig up something like a Ki-gas pump, filled with old oil and connected to a nice hot bit of the exhaust.....one quick squirt (when you've managed to get past the s*ds) and a splendid cloud of black smoke ensues.
Post #152726 29th Jun 2012 3:10pm
ZeDefender

Germany 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Baltic Blue
Very "James Bond" Thumbs Up Tell someone you love them today because life is short.
But shout it at them in German because life is also terrifying and confusing...
Post #152737 29th Jun 2012 4:31pm
JWL

England 2002 Defender 110 Td5 SW Coniston Green
A few years ago I'd just bought a young Irish Sport Horse and the first time out on the road with my then wife on her horse 2 lycra clad poufs came hareing past out of nowhere. The first thing any of us knew was the whoosh as they went past, not exactly giving much room either. The poor Irish feller had a week before only known the lush pastures of County Wexford and these frightening things were like aliens to him! He just leapt about 10' in the air with all four legs off the ground but when his feet touched the tarmac my whip was on his backside and we were in pursuit! Not heeding my wifes cries, my blood was up and I must o chased them for a good mile and a half through the village and out into the countryside beyond before the young feller started to tire! I must admit it was highly amusing to see those lycra clad buttocks pumping away in front, if I'd have caught them I'd have flattened them, as I was giving them fair warning of at the time! One thing about it, that horse was never spooked by cyclists again, in fact you had to keep an eye on him just in case he lashed out at those that were brave enough to overtake, and those that he caught up with, he'd either bite them or just charge them!

Don't get me started about driving tractors when they have their damned "road races", nobody else is allowed to race on the Queens Highway so why them?
Post #152741 29th Jun 2012 4:42pm
ohitsher

England 
50H wrote:
Meanwhile, back to the cyclists.
I've long had it in mind to rig up something like a Ki-gas pump, filled with old oil and connected to a nice hot bit of the exhaust.....one quick squirt (when you've managed to get past the s*ds) and a splendid cloud of black smoke ensues.

Do it!!!! Thumbs Up
Post #152748 29th Jun 2012 5:44pm
ken

United Kingdom 
Get a side exit pipe Whistle
Post #152749 29th Jun 2012 5:46pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
As a cyclist and someone who earned a living in the cycle trade, I'd have to agree with the above Laughing
Post #152773 29th Jun 2012 7:30pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
GREENI wrote:
As a cyclist and someone who earned a living in the cycle trade, I'd have to agree with the above Laughing

What get a side exit pipe? Rolling with laughter Only messing I know what you mean Thumbs Up NEVER SURRENDER! ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #152776 29th Jun 2012 7:35pm
50H

I have a nearside exit pipe on my 7.
A couple of years ago, at the traffic lights, some young dude in a black Corsa, with an account at Burberry and wearing his hat back-to-front, 42Kw audio, gave me "that look" and hit his loud pedal. Frankly it was loud so in the spirit of the game I gave my right foot a bit of a twitch and my passenger reported "the paint is bubbling off his door".
Ha Ha!
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!
Post #152778 29th Jun 2012 7:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 50 of 265 <123 ... 495051 ... 263264265>