↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Grumpy Old Man Thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 38 of 265 <123 ... 373839 ... 263264265>
Print this entire topic · 
bm52

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Havana
noticed today that the paint has started to bubble and flake on my n/s step Sad

also bubbling on the n/s sliding window [the black paint on outside of the catch] Sad Sad

well - that will be mentioned next time i see the dealer. i assume they will be covered by the warranty. think it is time i crawled all over it and check to see if any more rust has started anywhere. BM52
Post #144828 13th May 2012 11:06pm
JSG

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Site sponsors (you know who you are Rolling Eyes ) who seem unable to post any reply without spamming their wares across every forum along the lines of "we sell this" and "we sell that" and "we sell ... " (you get the idea).

We KNOW you are a sponsor, we know what you sell - if we want something we will buy it from you, we don't you reminding us every bloody time we open a thread FFS.

It may work for you - but long term it will Censored people off. I wouldn't buy from you if I could get similar from another sponsor just because of the spamming.

There, I feel better now. Cool John

http://www.hampshire4x4response.co.uk

2011 Tdci 110 CSW XS
Post #144860 14th May 2012 9:25am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
custom90

United Kingdom 
JSG wrote:
Site sponsors (you know who you are Rolling Eyes ) who seem unable to post any reply without spamming their wares across every forum along the lines of "we sell this" and "we sell that" and "we sell ... " (you get the idea).

We KNOW you are a sponsor, we know what you sell - if we want something we will buy it from you, we don't you reminding us every bloody time we open a thread FFS.

It may work for you - but long term it will Censored people off. I wouldn't buy from you if I could get similar from another sponsor just because of the spamming.

There, I feel better now. Cool

I agree, Some are worse than others too.
Post #144871 14th May 2012 9:42am
JSG

konabikes11 wrote:

To be fair to the rest - I only notice the one sponsor doing it to a degree it is a pain.

I like the rest offering their support / products in a more subtle way - it's just the one spammer that does my head in Evil or Very Mad John

2011 Tdci 110 CSW XS
Post #144872 14th May 2012 9:47am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
custom90

United Kingdom 
[quote="JSG"]
konabikes11 wrote:

To be fair to the rest - I only notice the one sponsor doing it to a degree it is a pain.

I like the rest offering their support / products in a more subtle way - it's just the one spammer that does my head in Evil or Very Mad[/quote
PM'd
Post #144873 14th May 2012 9:50am
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Sorry I've upset you two, wasn't my intention - however it's a bit pointless sponsoring a forum if you can't sell your wares Confused

All the other forum members on here have been very friendly and supportive - Thank you to them Thumbs Up
Post #145114 15th May 2012 3:48pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
FCX.ME.UK wrote:
Sorry I've upset you two, wasn't my intention - however it's a bit pointless sponsoring a forum if you can't sell your wares Confused

All the other forum members on here have been very friendly and supportive - Thank you to them Thumbs Up

No need to be sorry my friend you haven't upset me personally. I think the only thing is that people will make their own mind up where they go and don't always want things pushed in their face that's all the jist of it. No one's against you selling just most sponsors either wait for customers to come to them or only advertise something new or innovative. Nice challenge vehicles you have btw Wink Thumbs Up
Post #145126 15th May 2012 5:51pm
JSG

FCX.ME.UK wrote:

I think it would be better if you kept some of the spamming to sponsor area - it gets a bit 'full on' for my liking and clogs up the threads.

The Billing thread hijack pushing your new tents is a good example - wrong place for it. Just all seems a bit desperate to sell stuff without normal contribution.

But that's only my opinion.

Grumpy Old Man of Reading Thumbs Up John

2011 Tdci 110 CSW XS
Post #145164 15th May 2012 7:30pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Grumpy old man of Suffolk agrees. Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #145270 16th May 2012 9:32am
Projectblue

England 
What they said Thumbs Up
Post #145505 17th May 2012 12:54pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
It's like the Go Compare man !!
Post #145507 17th May 2012 1:03pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
OK guys, I've got the message and given up the sponsorship of the forum, I think you can move along now .... Neutral
Post #145515 17th May 2012 1:19pm
JSG

Go Beyond wrote:
OK guys, I've got the message and given up the sponsorship of the forum, I think you can move along now .... Neutral

You didn't need to do that Matt - the only thing people were suggesting was a more subtle approach that was slightly less 'full on'. John

2011 Tdci 110 CSW XS
Post #145517 17th May 2012 1:26pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Thank you John, that's the fourth time you've told me to be 'less full on' on the forum and a further three times by PM, I GET IT !, enough now please Bow down
Post #145521 17th May 2012 1:31pm
JSG

Matt, just to clarify your comment - I've repsonded to your posts on the forum and replied politely to three of your PMs accusing me of character assasination so please do not make out that I am continuing to 'have a go at you'.

My previous post was just suggesting that you don't need to feel that you should stop sponsoring and advertising - you have some good products that are of benefit to members.

John John

2011 Tdci 110 CSW XS
Post #145522 17th May 2012 1:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 38 of 265 <123 ... 373839 ... 263264265>